3rd T20I | Zimbabwe V/s Pakistan | Harare

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: 3rd T20I | Zimbabwe V/s Pakistan | Harare

Post by secretzimbo »

Test squad probably will be; Masvaure, Kasuza, Musakanda, Taylor, Ervine, Williams, Burl, Madhevere, Roy Kaia, Chakabva, Blessing, Nyauchi, Tiripano, Ngarava/Jongwe, Spinner.

The spinner choice will be interesting. Mavuta? Welly? Potentially depending on the pitch then we might not even need a frontline spinner at all in the XI if we have all of Willo, Burl, Wes & Kaia in the team.

Donald

Post by Donald »

Myers would be good to see. Bit of a longer format player I think unlike say a marumani who obviously thrives in the shorter format.
Decent bowler too is myers. Can be useful back up to front line steamers

franco vazquez

Post by franco vazquez »

On the other hand, Namibia is completely pulverizing SA emerging team. I know it's an emerging team but emerging team is supposed to be your future and if they are getting drubbed by Namibia then there is something wrong.

ZC please book Namibia vs Zimbabwe. I have a feeling it would be a really interesting series.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

I’m suspecting we will see a team like this

Kasuza
Masvaure
Ervine
Taylor
Williams
Madhevere
Chakabva
Burl
Blessing
Nyauchi
Ngarava

Or maybe Don for Ngarava but I actually think Ngarava will do better in the longer format where he can settle into a rhythm. If the pitch is flat then expect don.

Kaia versus Madhevere will be the interesting one because Madhevere clearly doesn’t have a fear factor playing against Pakistan but Kaia is probably the better pick

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:34 pm
My thoughts are that this is the reason why BT must make every effort to play domestic.
He just looked a little rusty and off the pace, like I suff de or tee he would be
This is very true. They bowled really well but BT didn’t look in good touch. A full toss got him in the end. Where Pakistan was smart and did their homework was that there was no spin at all when BT and Williams were batting. That was the only chance we had

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

franco vazquez wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:48 pm
On the other hand, Namibia is completely pulverizing SA emerging team. I know it's an emerging team but emerging team is supposed to be your future and if they are getting drubbed by Namibia then there is something wrong.

ZC please book Namibia vs Zimbabwe. I have a feeling it would be a really interesting series.
I don't know all of the names in the SA squad but it seems to be probably SA's 4th or 5th choice XI tbh. Some of the younger guys look promising and probably will be the 'future' as you put it, but theres a fair chunk of that squad that will probably never get anywhere near SA's first team in their careers. Namibia are pretty good - I'm not that surprised they have won that series. SA won the first match. I don't think Namibia beating that SA line up is much of a surprise or points to 'something wrong' really. Remember Namibia are in the next World T20 and doing quite well in the ODI League 2.

Zim have a very busy schedule for the rest of this year, but when we get a break it would certainly be interesting to see a Namibia series. Would be really competitive and beneficial to both sides I think. Surprised we don't have a friendlier cricketing relationship with them.

tej_27

Post by tej_27 »

We probably missed raza today ..he is better hitter than what we had today down the order ..also I thought luke jongwe should have been sent instead of Taylor

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

secretzimbo wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:40 pm
sloandog wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:33 pm
secretzimbo wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:23 pm
I wonder if Jongwe might have played himself into the Test squad? I expect the squad will be announced tonight or first thing tomorrow morning.
I really hope to see Myers in the squad
So would I, but to be honest he doesn't seem to be in great form. Hasn't really done much in the domestic comp recently. :( Think we'll see at least one of the Kaia brothers in there.
He scored a ton at least

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

As expected, we don't really do anything over 150.

If there are any questions about dodgy, it would be that batting order. I've obviously missed something, but Taylor and Willo not in order. Burl never bat...

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:41 pm
As expected, we don't really do anything over 150.

If there are any questions about dodgy, it would be that batting order. I've obviously missed something, but Taylor and Willo not in order. Burl never bat...
Burl picked up a finger injury when taking a catch at the end of the Pakistan innings. Not sure why Regis came in ahead of Williams, but looked like Sean was still struggling with his hand when batting.

Tbh, Willo clearly wasn't fit today. Not fit enough to bowl, and was batting one handed. I'm not sure if it was wise or necessary rushing himself back into the XI.