3rd T20I | Zimbabwe V/s Pakistan | Harare

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
TapsC2

Re: 3rd T20I | Zimbabwe V/s Pakistan | Harare

Post by TapsC2 »

Just saw that Marumani was born in 2002. Just turned 19. That is incredible. Last year’s u19 batch has some serious talent. They should have done better at the World Cup. Myers who is the best out of all them is up next too.

What they need are competent batting and bowling coaches. This is where my concern is . I honestly don’t feel like Matsikenyeri and Hondo are doing enough. We keep losing those 50/50 battles where coaching could have made a difference

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

The biggest issue we have is that the middle generation (Burl, Musakanda etc) are not reliable with the bat yet. This will probably see the big 4 having to play until their bodies can’t anymore. We need Murray back

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

TapsC2 wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:56 am
Just saw that Marumani was born in 2002. Just turned 19. That is incredible. Last year’s u19 batch has some serious talent. They should have done better at the World Cup. Myers who is the best out of all them is up next too.

What they need are competent batting and bowling coaches. This is where my concern is . I honestly don’t feel like Matsikenyeri and Hondo are doing enough. We keep losing those 50/50 battles where coaching could have made a difference
How can either of them coach for T20s when neither really played any?
How can Stu help Williams and Bt when those two in a bad day are Still better than Stu was?

Let’s relegate them (we know ZC don’t have the balls to dump their friends) to junior ranks where they could make a difference and get someone like Dale Steyn and Grant Elliott or someone like that to help the guys.

Guys who were proven, successful international performers across the 3 formats who played the modern game and are eager to launch a successful coaching career.
Having them for even two years will be amazing.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

Looks like Chisoro and Roy Kaia will be in the test squad, both missing from the domestic matches today along with Prince, Victor and Kasuza.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

zimfan1 wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:46 am
Looks like Chisoro and Roy Kaia will be in the test squad, both missing from the domestic matches today along with Prince, Victor and Kasuza.
Good news. Nice to see Chisoro back. Kaia selection is well deserved too.

andrea lanzoni

Post by andrea lanzoni »

I'm glad what Zimbabwe squad has made in the whole T20 series. With a dose of luck it could have won the three matches.
However, having played consistently on same par with a top nation such as Pakistan, is a sure mark that a new trend has begun.