Test Squad Vs Pakistan

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Test Squad Vs Pakistan

Post by secretzimbo »

I think Prince & Kevin both need to post a very good score at some point in this series. Shumba & Tari will both be eyeing up the opening spots long-term in the future.

Either way it's good that we have quite a big pool of players now. We can presume Ervine, Raza & Burl (should) all return for the Bangladesh series, possibly Wes too. So players need to step up and perform if they want to be in the Bangladesh squad in July. Good to have competition. We have a lot of good options now.

If Prince & Kasuza don't perform then Shumba & Tari could move up the order.
If Nyauchi doesn't perform, then Ngarava and Chivanga are there.
If Kaia doesn't perform then Burl/Raza/Wes will be back.
If Chisoro doesn't perform then Welly or the all-rounders will be there.
If Tiripano doesn't perform then there is Jongwe.

Shame we don't have any competition for Regis. He's our only option - especially in Tests - and he knows it.

CholeZimbo
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by CholeZimbo »

secretzimbo wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:06 pm
I think Prince & Kevin both need to post a very good score at some point in this series. Shumba & Tari will both be eyeing up the opening spots long-term in the future.

Either way it's good that we have quite a big pool of players now. We can presume Ervine, Raza & Burl (should) all return for the Bangladesh series, possibly Wes too. So players need to step up and perform if they want to be in the Bangladesh squad in July. Good to have competition. We have a lot of good options now.

If Prince & Kasuza don't perform then Shumba & Tari could move up the order.
If Nyauchi doesn't perform, then Ngarava and Chivanga are there.
If Kaia doesn't perform then Burl/Raza/Wes will be back.
If Chisoro doesn't perform then Welly or the all-rounders will be there.
If Tiripano doesn't perform then there is Jongwe.

Shame we don't have any competition for Regis. He's our only option - especially in Tests - and he knows it.
The current pacers are better than Kyle Jarvis for me. Anyway, is he ever coming back?

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

What is clear is that the big 4(5 including Jarvis) will rarely play together because of age and also because there is a lot more cricket this year.

Tari is in a difficult spot because if he doesn’t perform this time round they might drop him. Shumba is actually a better FC player than limited overs.

I wouldn’t want to be the person who picks the first test team. I’m struggling to see how to balance it out

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Good to see Chisoro and Kaia in there but I'm quite dissappointed that Ervine and Burl miss out. Ervine in particular has missed so many games of late.

They should have stuck with Madhevere over Musakanda.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

CholeZimbo wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:50 pm

The current pacers are better than Kyle Jarvis for me. Anyway, is he ever coming back?
No idea. Would love to see him try to make a comeback in domestic cricket next season, but realistically it will be tough for him. Hasn't played for well over a year, and his illness earlier this year sounds dreadful. We can probably assume he will be quite a bit slower if he returns.

Would be awesome to see him return but I wouldn't be surprised if he is done.

Donald

Post by Donald »

Wouldn't mind seeing chivanga in if it is a green pitch. He can crank it up a lot and has done well in first class in his limited matches. . Doubt they will drop tiripano but he can provide a certain amount of control on his day

Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic)
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic) »

secretzimbo wrote:
Joylord Gumbie is kept as stand by in the Pak test series
Zim Rules
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr Satendra Singh, Delhi, India
Twitter: @drsitu

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic) wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:11 pm
secretzimbo wrote:
Joylord Gumbie :lol: :lol: Proves my point there is no competition for Reggie lol!

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

secretzimbo wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:15 pm
Dr_Situ(ZimFanatic) wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:11 pm
secretzimbo wrote:
Joylord Gumbie :lol: :lol: Proves my point there is no competition for Reggie lol!
I assume he's rather average

CalZim
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by CalZim »

Disappointed with the squad selection really, only looks ok to me.

Masakadza and Chisoro are better one day bowlers, my main issue is there is no one in the squad who can turn the ball. Praying the pitch does nothing for spinners.

Mudziginyama probably won’t get another chance for a while now as I’m pretty happy with masvaure and kasuza.

Sad to see burl is injured, gutted he is missing out.

Jongwe is a one day player so an interesting selection, don’t think he will play anyway because of Tirapano. Do hope he gets a chance prove me wrong though.

Don’t think the format suits musakanda unless he sorts out his temperament.

Haven’t seen enough of Chivanga to comment.

I like Ngrava and think he is a wicket taker, but he won’t get a chance ahead of Nyauchi and Muzarabani who have both impressed me recently.

Hoping kaia and shumba get a chance this series, kaia has been great at fc level but this will be a big test.

It’s going be a tough series but I look forward to it.

Cal