Test Squad Vs Pakistan

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Test Squad Vs Pakistan

Post by sloandog »

I wanted to see Myers there

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Burl, Raza and Wes missing means our recent attempt at loading the team with batsmen hoping for bowling cover by all rounders has gone for a toss. Results in huge batting imbalance - also with Ervine out. Chisoro will hopefully bring something with the bat. But it is not going to be an ideal XI.

Gumbie and Kaitano on stand by just goes to show how thin we are. Expecting a couple of ugly drubbings. Anything better is a positive.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Losing Craig is a big loss. Not sure our test side is as strong as our limited overs ones.

Happy that Wes isn't there. Not because I don't like him, but he still needs to learn the format. If they are smart, they will keep him in and around the team and training and learning as a squad member.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

We are going to get bashed but I think this time around we should focus on trying to take wickets instead of trying to load the team with batsmen. There just a isn’t enough batting quality for that strategy to work this time. I would go with

Prince
Kasuza
Taylor
Williams
Kaia
Shumba
Chakabva
Don
Blessing
Nyauchi
Ngarava

I would have picked Tari ahead of Shumba but at least Shumba can bowl a few overs. Burl missing is a big loss when it comes to balancing the side out

I’m also not too sure Jongwe’s bowling works in the longer format. But he might get picked instead of Tiripano

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

TapsC2 wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:34 am
We are going to get bashed but I think this time around we should focus on trying to take wickets instead of trying to load the team with batsmen. There just a isn’t enough batting quality for that strategy to work this time. I would go with

Prince
Kasuza
Taylor
Williams
Kaia
Shumba
Chakabva
Don
Blessing
Nyauchi
Ngarava

I would have picked Tari ahead of Shumba but at least Shumba can bowl a few overs. Burl missing is a big loss when it comes to balancing the side out

I’m also not too sure Jongwe’s bowling works in the longer format. But he might get picked instead of Tiripano
No front line spinner at HSC?! Surely Chisoro instead of Ngarava I think

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

How come bt isnt considered for the keeping role?
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:48 am
How come bt isnt considered for the keeping role?
Apparently he said he didn't want to do it any more, other than in T20s. He is 35, so I suppose he's trying to prolong his career.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

secretzimbo wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:12 am
TapsC2 wrote:

Prince
Kasuza
Taylor
Williams
Kaia
Shumba
Chakabva
Don
Blessing
Nyauchi
Ngarava

As much as Chisoro deserves to play I honestly think Ngarava with the bounce he can extract can claim more wickets against Pakistan. Bounce is the only advantage we have

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

TapsC2 wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:41 am
secretzimbo wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:12 am
TapsC2 wrote:

Prince
Kasuza
Taylor
Williams
Kaia
Shumba
Chakabva
Don
Blessing
Nyauchi
Ngarava

As much as Chisoro deserves to play I honestly think Ngarava with the bounce he can extract can claim more wickets against Pakistan. Bounce is the only advantage we have
HSC playing very slow and low recently. I don't think we can rely on an injured Williams and debutant Kaia to bowl all of our spin. One of Chisoro/Wellington are a must I think.