ICC to set 14 teams for 50 Over World Cup

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
User avatar
Rajkumar Sharma
Posts: 267
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:49 am
Supports: Southern Rocks

Re: ICC to set 14 teams for 50 Over World Cup

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

secretzimbo wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 8:48 am
Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 6:50 am
Zimbabwe will face tough competition in qualifiers because few associates have adopted migration theory in setting up squad and from nowwhere they are looking as strong competator
farhanhussan wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 6:27 am
Icc considering that 20 teams t 20 world cup. These r some of the respites for corrupt and non functional Zim cricket management. Tough for Zim to qualify in 14 teams odi world cup but some how they can sneak into 20 teams t 20 world cup for atleast 2 world cups.
Which countries other than the USA have adopted 'migration theory' for cricket purposes other than the USA ffs? News flash; some countries have diverse populations!!!


I honestly don't see why you two negative nellies are on this forum; it seems like you absolutely hate Zimbabwe and really really really want us to not qualify for everything. You are living in fantasy land if you think Zimbabwe aren't in the top 20 countries hahaha. As you well know we should have qualified for the last 10 team world cup and missed out by the very narrowest of margins so to sit here and say we have 'no chance' at all of qualifying for a 14-team or 20-team is fucking rubbish frankly. You are just trolling.
Well, We did'nt expected 20th ranked Singapore IT Workers side to defeat quite strong Zimbabwe in a tri nation T20I in 2019

secretzimbo
Posts: 421
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:08 pm
Supports: MidWest Rhinos
Location: Gweru, Zimbabwe

Re: ICC to set 14 teams for 50 Over World Cup

Post by secretzimbo »

Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 2:31 pm

USA, GERMANY, OMAN, UAE, CANADA
I already gave you the USA. So...

Canada? They haven't flown in anyone. All their foreign-born national team players moved to Canada years ago for work or education. Not cricket. Cricket was a bonus. They haven't adopted, in your words, 'migration theory' - whatever the fuck that is anyway. 6% of the Canadian population is Indian btw. That's 60 times bigger than the white population in Zim lol.

Oman? 50% of the population is South Asian. So whats your problem?

UAE? 88% of the population is foreign-born. The cricket team seems pretty representative to me.

Germany? They have a growing Afghan & Pakistani population. Have you ever been to Europe? Most of the continent does. Are you saying they aren't allowed to play cricket? Only white Germans should play cricket? Should we ban anyone with a foreign sounding name from playing for them? The cricket board haven't 'adopted a migration theory' ffs. None of them have moved there with cricket as the number 1 goal. Obviously.

You know even less about cricket - and the modern world - than I thought you did.


It's funny how our racist South Asian friends on here and social media swoon over average white cricketing Zimbos like they are fucking untouchable perfect Gods, but as soon as any other ethnic minority in smaller countries dare to play cricket the same misinformed racist armchair critics deride them as pariahs.

User avatar
Rajkumar Sharma
Posts: 267
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:49 am
Supports: Southern Rocks

Re: ICC to set 14 teams for 50 Over World Cup

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

secretzimbo wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 2:58 pm
Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 2:31 pm

USA, GERMANY, OMAN, UAE, CANADA
I already gave you the USA. So...

Canada? They haven't flown in anyone. All their foreign-born national team players moved to Canada years ago for work or education. Not cricket. Cricket was a bonus. They haven't adopted, in your words, 'migration theory' - whatever the fuck that is anyway. 6% of the Canadian population is Indian btw. That's 60 times bigger than the white population in Zim lol.

Oman? 50% of the population is South Asian. So whats your problem?

UAE? 88% of the population is foreign-born. The cricket team seems pretty representative to me.

Germany? They have a growing Afghan & Pakistani population. Have you ever been to Europe? Most of the continent does. Are you saying they aren't allowed to play cricket? Only white Germans should play cricket? Should we ban anyone with a foreign sounding name from playing for them? The cricket board haven't 'adopted a migration theory' ffs. None of them have moved there with cricket as the number 1 goal. Obviously.

You know even less about cricket - and the modern world - than I thought you did.


It's funny how our racist South Asian friends on here and social media swoon over average white cricketing Zimbos like they are fucking untouchable perfect Gods, but as soon as any other ethnic minority in smaller countries dare to play cricket the same misinformed racist armchair critics deride them as pariahs.
South Asians are racist.? :D Its was the south asians who never tolerated racism, and participated actively in the campaign in baning racism in Africa.
Indians, Pakis, Sri Lankans, Bangladeshis flying to these nations after getting good offers aren't a migration theory.? Migration theory is racial :D ? ECB are taking full advantage of that racial migration theory. Well i once found whites termed as antipatriotic for quiting Zimbabwe and playing in other nations on the likes of Sean Ervine, Murray Goodwin etc, but after few years i found the blacks are doing the same.....so there has been kicking of patriotism, which proved talent & money is more then patriotism, failure of Mugabe's black empowerment policy that targetted improvement for Zimbabwe
Well i find once a Proteas "next big thing" captaining Canada.
Attachments
Screenshot_2021-05-14-20-33-45-531_com.android.chrome.jpg
Screenshot_2021-05-14-20-33-45-531_com.android.chrome.jpg (380.33 KiB) Viewed 321 times

secretzimbo
Posts: 421
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:08 pm
Supports: MidWest Rhinos
Location: Gweru, Zimbabwe

Re: ICC to set 14 teams for 50 Over World Cup

Post by secretzimbo »

Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 3:06 pm


Indians, Pakis, Sri Lankans, Bangladeshis flying to these nations after getting good offers aren't a migration theory.? Migration theory is racial :D ? ECB are taking full advantage of that racial migration theory. Well i once found whites termed as antipatriotic for quiting Zimbabwe and playing in other nations on the likes of Sean Ervine, Murray Goodwin etc, but after few years i found the blacks are doing the same.....so there has been kicking of patriotism, which proved talent & money is more then patriotism, failure of Mugabe's black empowerment policy that targetted improvement for Zimbabwe
Well i find once a Proteas "next big thing" captaining Canada.
What the hell are you even talking about now? One of the most incomprehensible posts I've ever seen. :lol: I genuinely have no idea what your point is now.

As far as I know, your point was that associate cricket boards are promoting 'migration theory'. Other than the USA, you've failed to name a single one. :W:

Jesus, I've had more intelligent conversations with toddlers.

User avatar
Rajkumar Sharma
Posts: 267
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:49 am
Supports: Southern Rocks

Re: ICC to set 14 teams for 50 Over World Cup

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

secretzimbo wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 3:20 pm
Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 3:06 pm


Indians, Pakis, Sri Lankans, Bangladeshis flying to these nations after getting good offers aren't a migration theory.? Migration theory is racial :D ? ECB are taking full advantage of that racial migration theory. Well i once found whites termed as antipatriotic for quiting Zimbabwe and playing in other nations on the likes of Sean Ervine, Murray Goodwin etc, but after few years i found the blacks are doing the same.....so there has been kicking of patriotism, which proved talent & money is more then patriotism, failure of Mugabe's black empowerment policy that targetted improvement for Zimbabwe
Well i find once a Proteas "next big thing" captaining Canada.
What the hell are you even talking about now? One of the most incomprehensible posts I've ever seen. :lol: I genuinely have no idea what your point is now.

As far as I know, your point was that associate cricket boards are promoting 'migration theory'. Other than the USA, you've failed to name a single one. :W:

Jesus, I've had more intelligent conversations with toddlers.
Shown you check it. If Zim is superior then associates and question mark on their non qualification for next world cup editions looks funny then how could they loss series in Netherland, and get defeated by IT workers of Singapore :D

Well its Zim only, who played a huge role in turning Afghans from associate to full member

ZIMDOGGY
Posts: 5163
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:40 pm
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: ICC to set 14 teams for 50 Over World Cup

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

secretzimbo wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 2:58 pm
It's funny how our racist South Asian friends on here and social media swoon over average white cricketing Zimbos like they are fucking untouchable perfect Gods, but as soon as any other ethnic minority in smaller countries dare to play cricket the same misinformed racist armchair critics deride them as pariahs.
I need to side with the south Asian racist friends here.
Honestly, white Zimbos ARE the closest to a cricketing God community there is.
This is one of the reasons I and many others are so intrigued by Zimbabwe cricket history.

The white population is 19k.
19k.
20 years ago it was double, sure.

But this is the equivalent of an out of the way regional town in Australia. Half of Castleford in the Uk.

Yet look at how so many white Zimbabweans have dominated cricket worldwide.
They have an amazing ability to punch above their weight.
How many times did 40k white Zimbabwe beat 1 billion plus India or 65mil England?

White people in Zimbabwe have so much to be proud of. It’s actually unreal and inspiring.

And yes, south Asians in cricketing terms, have been very damanging to minor countries. I’ve seen it first hand how they have taken over small leagues. Always segregate themselves into Bangla/India/ Pakistan ethnic teams and downright abuse and undermine development efforts to get the locals involved.
I had a great chat to a development officer from a emerging cricket country and he said he was threatened when he said ‘development doesn’t mean indian students’ and he was told ‘you develop the south Asians now’ or something.
No care on seeing the locals adopt the sport. You’ll never see evidence of it anywhere in the cricketing world where south Asians are in Europe and they have tried to spread the game to the natives. You’ll just see team names like ‘bengal tigers 11’ and ‘Urdu warrior cats’ and shit like that.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

**
Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

secretzimbo
Posts: 421
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:08 pm
Supports: MidWest Rhinos
Location: Gweru, Zimbabwe

Re: ICC to set 14 teams for 50 Over World Cup

Post by secretzimbo »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 6:40 pm
secretzimbo wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 2:58 pm
It's funny how our racist South Asian friends on here and social media swoon over average white cricketing Zimbos like they are fucking untouchable perfect Gods, but as soon as any other ethnic minority in smaller countries dare to play cricket the same misinformed racist armchair critics deride them as pariahs.
I need to side with the south Asian racist friends here.
Honestly, white Zimbos ARE the closest to a cricketing God community there is.
This is one of the reasons I and many others are so intrigued by Zimbabwe cricket history.

The white population is 19k.
19k.
20 years ago it was double, sure.

But this is the equivalent of an out of the way regional town in Australia. Half of Castleford in the Uk.

Yet look at how so many white Zimbabweans have dominated cricket worldwide.
They have an amazing ability to punch above their weight.
How many times did 40k white Zimbabwe beat 1 billion plus India or 65mil England?

White people in Zimbabwe have so much to be proud of. It’s actually unreal and inspiring.

And yes, south Asians in cricketing terms, have been very damanging to minor countries. I’ve seen it first hand how they have taken over small leagues. Always segregate themselves into Bangla/India/ Pakistan ethnic teams and downright abuse and undermine development efforts to get the locals involved.
I had a great chat to a development officer from a emerging cricket country and he said he was threatened when he said ‘development doesn’t mean indian students’ and he was told ‘you develop the south Asians now’ or something.
No care on seeing the locals adopt the sport. You’ll never see evidence of it anywhere in the cricketing world where south Asians are in Europe and they have tried to spread the game to the natives. You’ll just see team names like ‘bengal tigers 11’ and ‘Urdu warrior cats’ and shit like that.

Oh I’m not disagreeing with any of this at all buddy! :))

Just I see very often on social media Indians/Paks hating on associates for having brown people in their teams when oftentimes the proportion of the population that ethnicity makes up in that country is quite significant, and a lot of the time those players have been born there or at least learnt their cricket there.

Also they were making the point that cricket boards were importing players or something and that’s categorically not the case. Pretty much only the USA who’s actually paying and organising players to come and play for them.

zimlover
Posts: 849
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:55 pm
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles
Location: melbourne .vic
Contact:

Re: ICC to set 14 teams for 50 Over World Cup

Post by zimlover »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 6:40 pm
secretzimbo wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 2:58 pm
It's funny how our racist South Asian friends on here and social media swoon over average white cricketing Zimbos like they are fucking untouchable perfect Gods, but as soon as any other ethnic minority in smaller countries dare to play cricket the same misinformed racist armchair critics deride them as pariahs.
I need to side with the south Asian racist friends here.
Honestly, white Zimbos ARE the closest to a cricketing God community there is.
This is one of the reasons I and many others are so intrigued by Zimbabwe cricket history.

The white population is 19k.
19k.
20 years ago it was double, sure.

But this is the equivalent of an out of the way regional town in Australia. Half of Castleford in the Uk.

Yet look at how so many white Zimbabweans have dominated cricket worldwide.
They have an amazing ability to punch above their weight.
How many times did 40k white Zimbabwe beat 1 billion plus India or 65mil England?

White people in Zimbabwe have so much to be proud of. It’s actually unreal and inspiring.

And yes, south Asians in cricketing terms, have been very damanging to minor countries. I’ve seen it first hand how they have taken over small leagues. Always segregate themselves into Bangla/India/ Pakistan ethnic teams and downright abuse and undermine development efforts to get the locals involved.
I had a great chat to a development officer from a emerging cricket country and he said he was threatened when he said ‘development doesn’t mean indian students’ and he was told ‘you develop the south Asians now’ or something.
No care on seeing the locals adopt the sport. You’ll never see evidence of it anywhere in the cricketing world where south Asians are in Europe and they have tried to spread the game to the natives. You’ll just see team names like ‘bengal tigers 11’ and ‘Urdu warrior cats’ and shit like that.
Rhodesians are a very Talented race especially when it comes to Cricket. Rhodhesia has been able to produce more talented Cricketers.From the List Below its clear that Zimbabwe has produced less talent. This is why ZC needs to mend Relations with the remaining Rhodesians we need those Rhodesian kids to play Cricket.

Talented Rhodhesian Cricketers
Trevor Penney
Russell Tiffin
Robert Bentley
Richard Halsall
Ray Price
Ray Gripper
Paddy Clift
Murray Goodwin
Mark Vermeulen
Kirk Stewart
Gary Brent
Duncan Fletcher
Bjorn Mordt
Charles Wooler
Ryan Watson10 – Duncan Fletcher. ...
Neil Johnson. ...
David Houghton. ...
Brendan Taylor. ...
Alistair Campbell. ...
Grant Flower.
Kevin Curran

Talented Zimbabwean cricketers

Henry Olonga
Tatenda Taibu
Hamilton Masakadza
Elton Chigumbura
Tendai Chatara
Madhevere
Blessing Muzarabani

Jemisi
Posts: 8038
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:04 am
Supports: Southern Rocks

Re: ICC to set 14 teams for 50 Over World Cup

Post by Jemisi »

It's fine for Germany's 🏏 team to be mostly Asian. It would also be nice for them to reach out to some Wolfgangs and Reinhardts.

secretzimbo
Posts: 421
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:08 pm
Supports: MidWest Rhinos
Location: Gweru, Zimbabwe

Re: ICC to set 14 teams for 50 Over World Cup

Post by secretzimbo »

Jemisi wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 11:59 pm
It's fine for Germany's 🏏 team to be mostly Asian. It would also be nice for them to reach out to some Wolfgangs and Reinhardts.
Oh 100% agree! I think my point got lost earlier and I didn't explain what I was trying to say properly.

Someone earlier in the thread literally said 'Whites have a right to run all cricket in Zimbabwe'. I was pointing out that it's very double standards when the same posters say associates having brown people or 'non native' people in their team is somehow terrible.

At least be consistent!

Post Reply