Injury updates

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Donald

Injury updates

Post by Donald »

What's the latest on ervine Williams madhevere and burl?

Are any of the above likely to start the second test?

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Injury updates

Post by secretzimbo »

Ervne Burl Madhevere no.

Sean should be back. Probably in place of Masvaure, who also picked up an injury.

Donald

Post by Donald »

It will be massive to have Sean Williams back. Such a key player and now prolific run scorer in the test arena past few years.
I think Chakhabva needs to come to the party a lot more as the experienced player he is. Hasn't done a great deal batting wise past few years. Of course Taylor had a mediocre game but he battered Pakistan in the one day matches a few months ago before getting sick so we all know what he is capable of.

Donald

Post by Donald »

If ervine calf strain is classed as a grade one recovery time is usually 7-10 days. Injury was sustained 2wnd April so he should be back if its this.
Grade two is different and that is 4-6 weeks which means he should be back for the Bangladesh matches.
What is ailing Burl and madhevere?

Mueddie28

Post by Mueddie28 »

I think jongwe should be included for Ngarava
With Sean replacing Prince M ...Chakabva can open the batting...

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Donald wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 4:50 pm
If ervine calf strain is classed as a grade one recovery time is usually 7-10 days. Injury was sustained 2wnd April so he should be back if its this.
Grade two is different and that is 4-6 weeks which means he should be back for the Bangladesh matches.
What is ailing Burl and madhevere?
Burl is something to do with his hand/wrist/fingers I think.
Wes pulled his hamstring.

Cant be 100% certain either of them would have been selected anyway. You never know with ZC....
Mueddie28 wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 4:52 pm
I think jongwe should be included for Ngarava
With Sean replacing Prince M ...Chakabva can open the batting...
Musakanda or Shumba will open. Regis has been asking to bat higher for the last few years but they don’t seem to fancy him for it.

Wouldn’t drop Ngarava at all, for anyone. He lost focus at times which is a concern in this format but at other times he was bowling really well. He’s a big wicket taking threat and will only improve with age and experience.