Ryan Higgins

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Ryan Higgins

Post by sloandog »

I have it on pretty good authority Makoni is on 20K a month and Mazakadza 15K. That is obscene.
Makoni, really, what does he do..?

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

sloandog wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 7:14 pm
I have it on pretty good authority Makoni is on 20K a month and Mazakadza 15K. That is obscene.
Makoni is a thieving cretin but this is Zimbabwe so it’s to be expected. Only the same as most other organisations.

Hammy’s salary is mental too. He was probably on peanuts for most of his playing career. No wonder he joined the looting after he retired. At least he seems to be at least trying to improve things though. At least he likes cricket.

Zimco
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Zimco »

secretzimbo wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 4:01 pm
TapsC2 wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 3:08 pm
If ZC were a serious lot they would push for dual citizenship for these kind of players and then from there just get guns for hire. Keep your county contract and play when you can
ECB eligibility is a very complicated minefield, but I think this isn't an option. They'd have to be registered as an Overseas for their county regardless of citizenship if they were playing for Zim. I think...
Yeah the county system seems really complicated . I think the counties don't get as much funding if enough of the playing players aren't eligible to play for England like this article implies https://www.bbc.com/sport/cricket/55755359
Correct me if I'm wrong. The ECB has a three year residency requirement to play for England as was the case with Archer.

So only the big counties can probably afford that and at the smaller ones that can't then you are competing against the other overseas players. The ECB can't have it both ways they poach players from all over the world but when they want to play in another country or another countries league they effectively ruin the chances of that players playing county and their careers. They are over paranoid the ECB (and the BCCI)

Obviously Higgins has dual citizenship or the ability to do so. how can nick Welsh play in Zim domestic and keep his county spot? By playing as an overseas in the Logan cup and living in the UK?
Last edited by Zimco on Mon May 03, 2021 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Zimco wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 9:02 pm
secretzimbo wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 4:01 pm
TapsC2 wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 3:08 pm
If ZC were a serious lot they would push for dual citizenship for these kind of players and then from there just get guns for hire. Keep your county contract and play when you can
ECB eligibility is a very complicated minefield, but I think this isn't an option. They'd have to be registered as an Overseas for their county regardless of citizenship if they were playing for Zim. I think...
Yeah the county system seems really complicated . I think the counties don't get as much funding if enough of the playing players aren't eligible to play for England like this article implies https://www.bbc.com/sport/cricket/55755359
Correct me if I'm wrong. The ECB has a three year residency requirement to play for England as was the case with Archer.

So only the big counties can probably afford that and at the smaller ones that can't then you are competing against the other overseas players. The ECB can't have it both ways they poach players from all over the world but when they want to play in another country or another countries league they effectively ruin the chances of that players playing county and their careers. They are over paranoid the ECB.

Obviously Higgins has dual citizenship or the ability to do so. how can nick Welsh play in Zim domestic and keep his county spot? By playing as an overseas in the Logan cup and living in the UK?
Nick got citizenship before county
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Zimco wrote:
Playing domestic cricket in Zim has no impact on his county eligibility or England eligibility at all. Only would be a problem if he represented the senior national side.

As a side note, some of the other ECB eligibility requirements are a joke, particularly relating to Irish/Dutch players post-Brexit and also the discrimination against overseas Associate players. They seem to operate independently of immigration law. One day someone will be brave enough to challenge them!

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

TapsC2 wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 2:43 pm

Is it ZC’s fault that they are not being paid on time? Genuine question. If the ICC is in charge of their finances I don’t know how they can be at fault there
It probably kind of is if they did not agree to a plan in which they got the funds from the ICC in time to pay the players.

In saying that, ZC are definitely to blame for a lot of things. Look at how they reacted when Streak was guilty. They celebrated it and were kicking him whilst he was down. Then look at the treatment of PJ. Or the treatment of any of the other white kids who were genuine talents and skill, but were overlooked for their skin colour, or ambition to earn a uni degree or a living from a secured income.

On a side note, I've had guys on twitter talking about how expensive cricket balls are and ZC can't afford them, yet Makoni and Hammy are on high wages. What is the point

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 10:54 pm

On a side note, I've had guys on twitter talking about how expensive cricket balls are and ZC can't afford them, yet Makoni and Hammy are on high wages. What is the point
Lol this reminds me there was a case a year or two back when ZC were inexplicably insisting that regional associations only use the very highest standard official Test match level balls (they are REALLY expensive) for their shitty low level local club competitions. Midlands were forced to fork out thousands of dollars for a full set of them just to run a 4 team club competition that lasted about 3 weeks. Madness.

I presume someone in ZC was scalping a profit off the sales or imports.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

secretzimbo wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 12:10 am

Lol this reminds me there was a case a year or two back when ZC were inexplicably insisting that regional associations only use the very highest standard official Test match level balls (they are REALLY expensive) for their shitty low level local club competitions. Midlands were forced to fork out thousands of dollars for a full set of them just to run a 4 team club competition that lasted about 3 weeks. Madness.

I presume someone in ZC was scalping a profit off the sales or imports.
We disputed their claim about what they were saying balls cost and provided proof that you could purchase international quality balls for cheaper, then we got "you imbecile, you think Australia or India want to play with cheap balls".

I was like, "Because Australia and India tour us so regularly. Also, the balls we have shown are international standard".

Then got called more names and such.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

sloandog wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 7:14 pm
The ICC approving those wages is actually crazy. Maybe they are comparing them with other boards

Zimco
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Zimco »

secretzimbo wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 10:21 pm
Zimco wrote:
Playing domestic cricket in Zim has no impact on his county eligibility or England eligibility at all. Only would be a problem if he represented the senior national side.

As a side note, some of the other ECB eligibility requirements are a joke, particularly relating to Irish/Dutch players post-Brexit and also the discrimination against overseas Associate players. They seem to operate independently of immigration law. One day someone will be brave enough to challenge them!
Does someone with citizenship have to live in UK three years before they play county to be considered a non overseas or this rule only for England qualification?

What about players on ancestry visa can they play county, I saw some of the South Africans had ancestry visas?