2nd Test | Zimbabwe V/s Pakistan | Harare

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Re: 2nd Test | Zimbabwe V/s Pakistan | Harare

Post by Jemisi »

Pakistan's hour and session. Need to get the openers penetrating after lunch

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 9:29 am

Anyone on this forum would have good stats with side.
Still a bit harsh on Chakabva. An average of 25 is not terrible for a WK.

All in all a drawn first session I would say.

I wish BD seamers had as much control as the Zimbabwean quicks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

Jongwe doesn't look like a test bowler to me. More a LOI bowler who can mix it up. Hopefully he can bat at this level

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 9:29 am
secretzimbo wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 9:05 am

''Proven failure'' Chakabva has a higher Test average than anyone else other than Taylor in this team lol. If he's a failure then I dread to think how you'd describe the rest of the XI.
Clutching at some serious straws there. There are 4 bowlers in this side, 3 brand new guys. A couple of youngsters and a guy who has no competition because we barely have a domestic scene.

Anyone on this forum would have good stats with side.
Averaging 25 in Tests for Zimbabwe is very good. Doing so whilst a wicketkeeper and mostly batting at number 7 or 8 is even better.

Rajkumar Sharma

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

secretzimbo wrote:
Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 7:17 am
A strong wicket keeper batsman like Ryan Murray or a Peter Moor could have made this Playing XI look more solid.
Your wet dream, PJ Moor, scored 4 runs batting at number 7 for a bunch of boozers in Ireland yesterday and dropped an easy catch with the gloves. :lol:
& Taylor taking the gloves.
Have you seen the state and size of him?!?!?! He'd struggle to keep in an ODI at the moment, let a lone a 5-dayer!
Proven failure Chakabva is taking full advantage of non availability of Peter Moor and other domestic standard wicket keepers whom selectors have no or less trusts. Chakabva is as good as tailender in this Playing XI,
''Proven failure'' Chakabva has a higher Test average than anyone else other than Taylor in this team lol. If he's a failure then I dread to think how you'd describe the rest of the XI.
At the end of the day winning games matters. Every time Chakabva fails people recalls Moor here. He is not only a proven failure he is a waste. Wait for his innings to come he will again score 13 to 25 and go back

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 10:26 am
secretzimbo wrote:
Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 7:17 am
A strong wicket keeper batsman like Ryan Murray or a Peter Moor could have made this Playing XI look more solid.
Your wet dream, PJ Moor, scored 4 runs batting at number 7 for a bunch of boozers in Ireland yesterday and dropped an easy catch with the gloves. :lol:
& Taylor taking the gloves.
Have you seen the state and size of him?!?!?! He'd struggle to keep in an ODI at the moment, let a lone a 5-dayer!
Proven failure Chakabva is taking full advantage of non availability of Peter Moor and other domestic standard wicket keepers whom selectors have no or less trusts. Chakabva is as good as tailender in this Playing XI,
At the end of the day winning games matters. Every time Chakabva fails people recalls Moor here. He is not only a proven failure he is a waste. Wait for his innings to come he will again score 13 to 25 and go back

How is he a proven failure? I feel like you are judging a Zimbabwean test player with Indian standards mate. You can't fault Chakabva's Test record by Zim standards at all. I just don't see how he can be described as a proven failure in a Zim context at all.

Rajkumar Sharma

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

secretzimbo wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 10:50 am
Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 10:26 am
secretzimbo wrote:

How is he a proven failure? I feel like you are judging a Zimbabwean test player with Indian standards mate. You can't fault Chakabva's Test record by Zim standards at all. I just don't see how he can be described as a proven failure in a Zim context at all.
Zimbabwe is not an associate nation for me, according to me this team has lots of potential and skills, but there is some serious lack of mismanagement and poor decision that hurting this team. Deserve ones should get opportunity and given some time to settle instead of being thrown out, some players playing the game for long time and are getting more rewards then they deserve without performing.

How can they drop Wes with one bad Afghan series and if he is not available why the news is not revealed in the media during selection ? If Evans has no interest with Zim, how they can keep him as stand by for T20s. We expect a clear picture from Zim media on availability of players.
Last edited by Rajkumar Sharma on Fri May 07, 2021 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 6:16 am
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 6:02 am

It’s very hard to define considering how often the term has been used.
I’d probably define it as ‘hits it more than a few times’. So if a player can do it at least every 3 or 4 or spells

I’d add Cummins as a 145 player
By your definition, Cummins is definitely a 145 bowler. I would certainly classify him as genuinely quick myself. He's not longer express after all his injuries, but he's still easily genuinely quick.

Considering a bowler will bowl 3-4 spells in a day of Test cricket, I'd say a bowler who reaches 145 once in a day is a pretty inclusive list. I would personally say if a bowler can hit the target speed three or 4 times in a day of Test match bowling, he fits the bill. Of course this is all quite arbitrary.
This is where i personally get confused.
Someobe like blignaut.
I saw him a couple of times reach high 140s.

But by farrrrr most of the time he was late 120s and early 130s. So what is he? i just dont know.

He seemed like a 130 bowler who had a 145+ effort ball.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

secretzimbo wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 9:40 am
[

Averaging 25 in Tests for Zimbabwe is very good. Doing so whilst a wicketkeeper and mostly batting at number 7 or 8 is even better.
By Zim standards, as you say, there are others with better stats and ability. I'm not saying failure, just that the point you're making is weak

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 10:55 am

Zimbabwe is not an associate nation for me, according to me this team has lots of potential and skills, but there is some serious lack of mismanagement and poor decision that hurting this team. Deserve ones should get opportunity and given some time to settle instead of being thrown out, some players playing the game for long time and are getting more rewards then they deserve without performing.

How can they drop Wes with one bad Afghan series and if he is not available why the news is not revealed in the media during selection ? If Evans has no interest with Zim, how they can keep him as stand by for T20s. We expect a clear picture from Zim media on availability of players.
Welcome to Zimbabwe.