2nd Test | Zimbabwe V/s Pakistan | Harare

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: 2nd Test | Zimbabwe V/s Pakistan | Harare

Post by secretzimbo »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 4:49 pm
Wow, some XIs posted earlier on in the thread makes me feel that this one would be ideal for the next test:

Cephas Zhuwao (for the Sehwag effect)
Nkosana Mpofu
Kudzai Maunze (all rounder)
Gary Chirimuuta
Charles Kunje (all rounder)
Cunningham Ncube (wk)
Shingi Masakadza (all rounder)
John Nyumbu (C)
Brandon Diplock
Thabo Mboyi
Steve Chimhamhiwa

There is vast international experience (Shingi, Nyumbu, Cephas), vast domestic experience (Mboyi, Chirimuuta, Mpofu) and also young blood (Ncube, Kunje, Maunze, Diplock, Chimhamhiwa)
Hahahah fantastic!!! Honestly not as bad as some other takes on this thread lol!

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

tej_27 wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 2:15 pm
Don't like Hassan ali always been a bully ..will always struggle against good teams
Agreed but he did destroy South Africa a couple of months ago.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

I really don't think Jongwe has what it takes to be a serious threat consistently in a Test over 5 days.

But my god I love him so much. Build the ODI and T20 sides around this guy. His fight, swagger, confidence is such a breath of fresh air in Zim cricket.

https://twitter.com/GodwillMamhiyo/stat ... 9092050949

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Also no idea what to make of that BT innings. He just doesn't give a fuck anymore lol. It's great when he pulls it off like today but idk what to think and what to expect from him in the future.

He's playing so freely, it feels like it's the end. :(

Elcano

Post by Elcano »

Jongwe is definitely not good enough for tests .. he is white ball player ..

Nd Taylor's career may end anytime from now ..

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

I wouldn't say I'm a Regis hater, but my word the standard is so low guys.

With the way we were batting this series, a score of 30 would come across as our top performer. I don't think we can say he had a great game considering his errors behind the stump. One of which you could argue cost us this game.

It's not about hating Regis is any way, but it's about the level of standard we accept and become acceptable with.

The decision to not play Wes has been the right one too. After the series he had in the UAE, this series would have just affected his development much more.

PieChucker
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by PieChucker »

Post by secretzimbo » Sun May 09, 2021 5:52 pm

I really don't think Jongwe has what it takes to be a serious threat consistently in a Test over 5 days.

But my god I love him so much. Build the ODI and T20 sides around this guy. His fight, swagger, confidence is such a breath of fresh air in Zim cricket.

https://twitter.com/GodwillMamhiyo/stat ... 9092050949/quote]

ON the contrary, I'd select him for this alone.
We need a whole lot more of this kind of attitude.
I also think he's got a lot of talent, stick with him, he's also got BMT, something sorely lacking in the change room at the moment.
Pamberi ne Jongle!

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 6:51 pm
I wouldn't say I'm a Regis hater, but my word the standard is so low guys.

With the way we were batting this series, a score of 30 would come across as our top performer. I don't think we can say he had a great game considering his errors behind the stump. One of which you could argue cost us this game.
I think you are being ridiculously harsh tbh. Kept wicket for 2 whole days - largely very well bar 1 mistake including an excellent cheeky clever stumping. His catch off Sajid was an absolute worldie too. Then came out basically as an opener immediately afterwards (early Tari wicket), and top scored in the innings. Then batted almost immediately again (another early Tari wicket) and then top scored once more. Looked a class above anyone else. Also his chirping and leadership behind the stumps shouldn't be overlooked. He seemed significantly more bothered than BT - our captain - did through the match. Regis was setting fielding placements at one point even when BT was stood right next to him at first slip doing fuck all and looked like he had given up.

His first time batting up the order in several years. In the context of the game and the way the rest of the team completely folded, he should be commended.

By far the biggest positive we take from this game is Chakabva's performance. But if people are absolutely intent on negativity and criticism then fine. Find Rishabh Pant and give him a Zim passport and I'll join in the Regis criticism. But he's by far and away the best wicketkeeper in the country and when given the opportunity up the order one of the better batsmen too. And he's just had a great game in the context of the match and the series.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Following Zimbabwe has become largely a waste of time sadly. I didn't even bother to check the scorecard when I woke up as I knew what it would read. A dismal first innings with a score in the 30s (a Zimbabwean century) as our best. With the game already lost and all pressure gone the second innings goes a bit better with a high score of 80 (a Zimbabwean double century) and Brendan Taylor deciding to swing the bat a bit with an innings that bears little relevance to the game situation.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

farhanhussan

Post by farhanhussan »

eugene wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 7:22 pm
Following Zimbabwe has become largely a waste of time sadly. I didn't even bother to check the scorecard when I woke up as I knew what it would read. A dismal first innings with a score in the 30s (a Zimbabwean century) as our best. With the game already lost and all pressure gone the second innings goes a bit better with a high score of 80 (a Zimbabwean double century) and Brendan Taylor deciding to swing the bat a bit with an innings that bears little relevance to the game situation.
Voices are raised that Zim should not play test cricket. With all the politics in Zim cricket. Black and white fight, where whites leaving the Zim for county. Local talent not upto the mark. These r the words coming up. Zim can abstain themselves from test cricket and play more of t 20s.