2nd Test | Zimbabwe V/s Pakistan | Harare

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
farhanhussan

Re: 2nd Test | Zimbabwe V/s Pakistan | Harare

Post by farhanhussan »

Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 4:19 am
USA taking cricket seriously offering career to ex under 19s and ex international cricketers.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.news18 ... 21082.html
Honestly I m the fan of countries having indigenous people playing cricket rather imported players from South Asia. But this is the reality European associates have 99 percent south Asian expats so are uae Oman Kuwait Hongkong dominating Asian associates cricket. I would rather love see Nepal Png Uganda Nambia and Nigeria doing well.
The standards in Zim are becoming so low I fear teams with South Asian expats would overcome Zim in a few years.

Zimco
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Zimco »

Not whilst players like blessing are around but maybe in T20. Many are better than Zim in T20 already.

Yvmnaidu
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by Yvmnaidu »

Zim should bring uk players & play them this 2 years & improve their rankings atleast 5 to 8.. automatically our domestic structure should also be developed..

farhanhussan

Post by farhanhussan »

Zimco wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 6:51 am
Not whilst players like blessing are around but maybe in T20. Many are better than Zim in T20 already.
Zim has to go through t 20 wcq. Those teams would be fancying chances. With many associates cricketers are going pro and semi pro. Zim needs to enhance level. Unfortunately all the good players of 90s are not into coaching and Management things due to political or financial reason. Can Zim offer its citizens playing in UK aus or any other country eligible to represent at international level.
I was seeing odendaal bowling in one of t 20. His line and lengths were far better compare to local Zim domestic players but pitty was he was not given chance in other t 20s.

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

farhanhussan wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 6:41 am
Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
USA taking cricket seriously offering career to ex under 19s and ex international cricketers.
Honestly I m the fan of countries having indigenous people playing cricket rather imported players from South Asia. But this is the reality European associates have 99 percent south Asian expats so are uae Oman Kuwait Hongkong dominating Asian associates cricket. I would rather love see Nepal Png Uganda Nambia and Nigeria doing well.
The standards in Zim are becoming so low I fear teams with South Asian expats would overcome Zim in a few years.
isnt there only like 2 expats in the domestic comp rn lol

Elcano

Post by Elcano »

Yes Odendaal can be an asset ..left arm skitty action .. i wanted him in Test squad ..he is better than Brad Evans ..

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

farhanhussan wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 6:41 am
Rajkumar Sharma wrote:

You are proper fucking clueless so I’ll just point out that I worked in Hong Kong as a teacher for a few years so I follow them. Much much much more than you do. Basically none of their players are expats whatsoever. Majority born in HK or at least developed through their youth teams after moving there as children. Most of the ‘south Asian’ players in their team are fluent Chinese speakers. Others have family links to the city going back generations.

But yet again you base your entire cricketing knowledge off some cricinfo scorecards and make sweeping judgements and guesses. It’s the same with your analysis of Zimbabwe too hahaha

Some of you new posters are hilarious!

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Elcano wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 7:38 am
Yes Odendaal can be an asset ..left arm skitty action .. i wanted him in Test squad ..he is better than Brad Evans ..
Odendaal :lol: :lol: :lol:

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

farhanhussan wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 8:26 pm
eugene wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 7:22 pm
Following Zimbabwe has become largely a waste of time sadly. I didn't even bother to check the scorecard when I woke up as I knew what it would read. A dismal first innings with a score in the 30s (a Zimbabwean century) as our best. With the game already lost and all pressure gone the second innings goes a bit better with a high score of 80 (a Zimbabwean double century) and Brendan Taylor deciding to swing the bat a bit with an innings that bears little relevance to the game situation.
Voices are raised that Zim should not play test cricket. With all the politics in Zim cricket. Black and white fight, where whites leaving the Zim for county. Local talent not upto the mark. These r the words coming up. Zim can abstain themselves from test cricket and play more of t 20s.
Just want to remind you that Pakistan lost to New Zealand by an innings & 176 runs in January.

STRIP THEM OF TEST STATUS OMG . These r the words coming up.

Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

This team doesnt have the bowling to take 20 wickets and batting to play each sessions in an innings against the top 1 to 8 ranked side.However, this team can compete in shorter format if the youngstars are groomed and made accustomed to match situations, this team is far behind from what is required to sustain in test cricket.

I see this team doing well in shorter format near future if ZC gives more interest to T20 & ODIS.