2nd Test | Zimbabwe V/s Pakistan | Harare

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
TapsC2

Re: 2nd Test | Zimbabwe V/s Pakistan | Harare

Post by TapsC2 »

I would drop Chisoro if there is no spin. Wes and Shumba will just have to grow up fast and do the job

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 1:16 am
Zimco wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 12:49 am
There are more in aus.

- Meredith, Richardson, Cummins, starc, Hazelwood, stanlake, even one or two at grade level in my state. They can all bowl 145. Probably not all consistently but some could If they wanted to sacrifice control.

It is largely irrelevant if you are 140 or 145, look at stanlake or starc- Cummins and Hazelwood are better.

To the consistent 145 I'd add Archer, Scott Kuggeleijn they can do it in short form.
Forgot about Archer. Hazelwood gets up to the low 140s, but he's more of a 137-138 bowler.

The other thing is how one defines "consistently hits 145". Does that mean an average speed of 145 (in which case no one currently bowls at that pace), or does it mean a guy who can hit 145 at least 3-4 times in a spell? I would opt for the latter definition, which would be a lot more inclusive as well.
It’s very hard to define considering how often the term has been used.
I’d probably define it as ‘hits it more than a few times’. So if a player can do it at least every 3 or 4 or spells

I’d add Cummins as a 145 player
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 3:32 am
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 6:00 pm
Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 3:40 am
Saw Tanaka Chivanga talking with coach Rajput. Is he making debut in 2nd test ? Guy is tall and muscular build, from his physique it looks he can bowl with some raw pace..
I’m really sick of pointing out how dumb this logic is

I guess all the NBA players are all naturally 145km hr fast bowlers.

And blessing is the second fastest bowler in the world after the Pakistani dude
Talked about ability not a confirmation. Tall guys are generally fast as they know how to use their height, action and crease while bowling, weather it be Joel Gurner in past, Steve Harmision, Mohammed Irfan, Ishant Sharma, Steve Finn, all use to hit 140-145 consistently, however few exception are there like Jason Holder, Kyle Jammiesen who are fast on occassion not consistent.

Blessing before his county stinct was hitting 140s not consistent but on few occassion, even his bouncers created problems for Pak batters in that tour of 2018 after county stinct he has put more focus on seam & swing then pace, which generally happens when bowlers play in English County, Mohammed Abbas, quality Pak new commer bowler lost enormous amount of pace after playing county and now he even lost his place in Pak team. Coaches have huge impact to improve pace of any fast bowlers. Carl Mumba was impressive with pace when he was working under Streak, but now he is no where in the mix, in recent Bangladesh tour it looked he has lost that pacy bite that made him play for Zim.
Im 6ft 5 and I’d be lucky to bowl 105 !!
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 6:02 am

It’s very hard to define considering how often the term has been used.
I’d probably define it as ‘hits it more than a few times’. So if a player can do it at least every 3 or 4 or spells

I’d add Cummins as a 145 player
By your definition, Cummins is definitely a 145 bowler. I would certainly classify him as genuinely quick myself. He's not longer express after all his injuries, but he's still easily genuinely quick.

Considering a bowler will bowl 3-4 spells in a day of Test cricket, I'd say a bowler who reaches 145 once in a day is a pretty inclusive list. I would personally say if a bowler can hit the target speed three or 4 times in a day of Test match bowling, he fits the bill. Of course this is all quite arbitrary.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

franco vazquez

Post by franco vazquez »

Pakistani players got their second vaccine shot but is there any vaccine in Zimbabwe? if yes, why not use it for Zimbabweans first?

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Bloody hell BT is looking a tad unfit.
Having said that, he's still probably our most dangerous batter

Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 6:03 am
Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 3:32 am
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 6:00 pm

I’m really sick of pointing out how dumb this logic is

I guess all the NBA players are all naturally 145km hr fast bowlers.

And blessing is the second fastest bowler in the world after the Pakistani dude
Talked about ability not a confirmation. Tall guys are generally fast as they know how to use their height, action and crease while bowling, weather it be Joel Gurner in past, Steve Harmision, Mohammed Irfan, Ishant Sharma, Steve Finn, all use to hit 140-145 consistently, however few exception are there like Jason Holder, Kyle Jammiesen who are fast on occassion not consistent.

Blessing before his county stinct was hitting 140s not consistent but on few occassion, even his bouncers created problems for Pak batters in that tour of 2018 after county stinct he has put more focus on seam & swing then pace, which generally happens when bowlers play in English County, Mohammed Abbas, quality Pak new commer bowler lost enormous amount of pace after playing county and now he even lost his place in Pak team. Coaches have huge impact to improve pace of any fast bowlers. Carl Mumba was impressive with pace when he was working under Streak, but now he is no where in the mix, in recent Bangladesh tour it looked he has lost that pacy bite that made him play for Zim.
Im 6ft 5 and I’d be lucky to bowl 105 !!
Why you can't.? If you put efforts then definately you can. Sports is all about talent & ability not background. Though in Africa colour factor plays an important role in judging talent.

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

sloandog wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 6:34 am
BT is looking a tad unfit.
Understatement of the year :D

CrimsonAvenger

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Zimbabwe (Playing XI): Kevin Kasuza, Tarisai Musakanda, Regis Chakabva(w), Brendan Taylor(c), Milton Shumba, Roy Kaia, Tendai Chisoro, Luke Jongwe, Donald Tiripano, Blessing Muzarabani, Richard Ngarava

CrimsonAvenger

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

So, we have replaced Prince with Jongwe. Aggressive line-up.