2nd Test | Zimbabwe V/s Pakistan | Harare

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: 2nd Test | Zimbabwe V/s Pakistan | Harare

Post by secretzimbo »

Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 9:15 am
This team doesnt have the bowling to take 20 wickets and batting to play each sessions in an innings against the top 1 to 8 ranked side.However, this team can compete in shorter format if the youngstars are groomed and made accustomed to match situations, this team is far behind from what is required to sustain in test cricket.

I see this team doing well in shorter format near future if ZC gives more interest to T20 & ODIS.
Zimbabwe: 115 Test matches, 13 wins.
Bangladesh: 124 Test matches, 14 wins.

India: First 115 Test matches, 14 wins.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Regis now averages 27. Not bad for a keeper. Musakanda is the one I think blew a huge opportunity . Kasuza too. They might be done. Luke Jongwe showed he has the mentality. I’m sure he will be a permanent fixture in the limited overs squad going forward

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

secretzimbo wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 9:49 am
Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 9:15 am
This team doesnt have the bowling to take 20 wickets and batting to play each sessions in an innings against the top 1 to 8 ranked side.However, this team can compete in shorter format if the youngstars are groomed and made accustomed to match situations, this team is far behind from what is required to sustain in test cricket.

I see this team doing well in shorter format near future if ZC gives more interest to T20 & ODIS.
Zimbabwe: 115 Test matches, 13 wins.
Bangladesh: 124 Test matches, 14 wins.

India: First 115 Test matches, 14 wins.

People always ignore that part. They were dishing out test cap number 240 , we were on less than 120. We have a long way to go

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

TapsC2 wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 10:07 am
Regis now averages 27. Not bad for a keeper. Musakanda is the one I think blew a huge opportunity . Kasuza too. They might be done. Luke Jongwe showed he has the mentality. I’m sure he will be a permanent fixture in the limited overs squad going forward
got a feeling jongwe gonna turn out like tiripano

tej_27

Post by tej_27 »

https://www.crictracker.com/such-one-si ... tan-tests/

Ramiz raja calls current series a joke

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

tej_27 wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 10:12 am
https://www.crictracker.com/such-one-si ... tan-tests/

Ramiz raja calls current series a joke
Short term memory, just like every Pakistan cricket fan basically haha. I see he is forgetting that Zim toured Pakistan last year when nobody else in the world was willing to. We didn't even kick up a fuss when they banned our head coach from entering the country because of his nationality. Who needs enemies when you have friends like these?!?!

I guess he is salty he didn't get a commentating gig in this series.....

And I suppose he thinks this was a joke too? :lol: :D
https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/new ... -scorecard

farhanhussan

Post by farhanhussan »

secretzimbo wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 9:05 am
farhanhussan wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 6:41 am
Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 4:19 am
USA taking cricket seriously offering career to ex under 19s and ex international cricketers.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.news18 ... 21082.html
Honestly I m the fan of countries having indigenous people playing cricket rather imported players from South Asia. But this is the reality European associates have 99 percent south Asian expats so are uae Oman Kuwait Hongkong dominating Asian associates cricket. I would rather love see Nepal Png Uganda Nambia and Nigeria doing well.
The standards in Zim are becoming so low I fear teams with South Asian expats would overcome Zim in a few years.

You are proper fucking clueless so I’ll just point out that I worked in Hong Kong as a teacher for a few years so I follow them. Much much much more than you do. Basically none of their players are expats whatsoever. Majority born in HK or at least developed through their youth teams after moving there as children. Most of the ‘south Asian’ players in their team are fluent Chinese speakers. Others have family links to the city going back generations.

But yet again you base your entire cricketing knowledge off some cricinfo scorecards and make sweeping judgements and guesses. It’s the same with your analysis of Zimbabwe too hahaha

Some of you new posters are hilarious!
this guy seems to be like ppl in Zim cricket management. Unaware of reality, just thinking chakbava is the world's best keeper, chisoro is worlds best spinner living in an other planet where only these 2 zims are playing. No one to compete. A sour truth will reavel to u n ur favorite Zim administration soon.
Take me words and see after 5 years, Zim won't be in top 16. Remember the name.

farhanhussan

Post by farhanhussan »

[/quote]

You are proper fucking clueless so I’ll just point out that I worked in Hong Kong as a teacher for a few years so I follow them. Much much much more than you do. Basically none of their players are expats whatsoever. Majority born in HK or at least developed through their youth teams after moving there as children. Most of the ‘south Asian’ players in their team are fluent Chinese speakers. Others have family links to the city going back generations.

But yet again you base your entire cricketing knowledge off some cricinfo scorecards and make sweeping judgements and guesses. It’s the same with your analysis of Zimbabwe too hahaha

Some of you new posters are hilarious!
[/quote] go with logic man read this from news reporter in Hongkong.

"Because the local population knows nothing about cricket.

Despite 156 years of being a British Crown Colony, Hong Kong society never took up cricket as a sport and the popularity of it has always been only with expatriates and some of the local Indian population.

Cricket has never been taught or trained in the local schools but soccer instead.

There is a rising trend of cricketing in Hong Kong but it’s still a drop in the ocean."

This can be said now most South Asians ethnic ppl born in Hong Kong are playing cricket but still they have indian or pakistani links and residencies.
But name me any Chinese origin in Hong Kong team??

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

farhanhussan wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 11:04 am
This can be said now most South Asians ethnic ppl born in Hong Kong are playing cricket but still they have indian or pakistani links and residencies.
But name me any Chinese origin in Hong Kong team??
I don't much like racists.

Ask Aizaz Khan, the HK-born Chinese-speaking captain of Hong Kong who I actually personally know and trained with, whether he is a Pakistani or a Hong Konger. Clue: it's the latter.

I suppose you don't approve of people with white skin people playing for Zim because they are not 'indigenous'? Or is that 'completely different'?

Do one.

This is so massively irrelevant to the thread anyway. But proves you are guessman making guesses and haven't got a clue about anything. Also completely unwilling to learn or listen or be educated by someone with knowledge on the ground. Typical of your ilk unfortunately.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Elcano wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 7:38 am
Yes Odendaal can be an asset ..left arm skitty action .. i wanted him in Test squad ..he is better than Brad Evans ..
No he isn't