Ben Curran

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Ben Curran

Post by sloandog »

A name just to keep a steady eye on.
He hasn't exactly lit up the night sky at Northants and this is his last season on his contract.
The fact he played FC in Zim last year suggests he's at least considered playing cricket in this country.

ZIMFAN

Re: Ben Curran

Post by ZIMFAN »

Is this just a hunch or something more...

Elcano

Post by Elcano »

It will be given attention in cricket world if he comes

farhanhussan

Post by farhanhussan »

Tom Curran has been under performing in national coulours of eng. He is reckoned to be medium pacer. He can play for Zim in t 20s. If Zim are to do well in t 20 wcq he can add value

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

farhanhussan wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 4:17 pm
Tom Curran has been under performing in national coulours of eng. He is reckoned to be medium pacer. He can play for Zim in t 20s. If Zim are to do well in t 20 wcq he can add value
Tom? Lol :lol:

farhanhussan

Post by farhanhussan »

secretzimbo wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 4:28 pm
farhanhussan wrote:
it's not laughable. It would be difficult for him to make English team now. His performance has been really poor and strong possibility he would never get into English colour anymore. But Zim board does not have interest in such adventuee

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

farhanhussan wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 4:43 pm
secretzimbo wrote:
farhanhussan wrote:
it's not laughable. It would be difficult for him to make English team now. His performance has been really poor and strong possibility he would never get into English colour anymore. But Zim board does not have interest in such adventuee
Aside from the fact there is a 3 year mandatory cooling off period that makes him ineligible for Zimbabwe until March 26th 2024 at the very earliest........

'strong possibility he will never get into English colour anymore'. Wtf are you on?. I would bet you a lot of money that he is in the next England limited overs squad.

Not to mention the fact he has ongoing, lucrative retained BBL and IPL contracts and a new FIVE YEAR contract with Surrey that he only signed 2 months ago.

I guess you don't know about the Curran family history. My uncle used to be was very close friends with the older Curran's when they were still farming up in Rusape. They have very strong opinions on Zim as a country and quite obviously Sam & Tom would never want to return or play for ZC considering how great their careers are going and their options.

________

Anyway, back in the real world, Ben is an interesting one. In very poor form recently and he may find himself with no other option at the end of this season. I sort of think another lower county might take a punt on him due to his age and his name though. But if he doesn't get another contract literally his only choice might be Zim, so that would be interesting to see. Clearly got talent, would be nice to see the Curran name involved with Zimbabwe again.

farhanhussan

Post by farhanhussan »

secretzimbo wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 4:54 pm
farhanhussan wrote:
secretzimbo wrote:

Aside from the fact there is a 3 year mandatory cooling off period that makes him ineligible for Zimbabwe until March 26th 2024 at the very earliest........

'strong possibility he will never get into English colour anymore'. Wtf are you on?. I would bet you a lot of money that he is in the next England limited overs squad.

Not to mention the fact he has ongoing, lucrative retained BBL and IPL contracts and a new FIVE YEAR contract with Surrey that he only signed 2 months ago.

I guess you don't know about the Curran family history. My uncle used to be was very close friends with the older Curran's when they were still farming up in Rusape. They have very strong opinions on Zim as a country and quite obviously Sam & Tom would never want to return or play for ZC considering how great their careers are going and their options.

________

Anyway, back in the real world, Ben is an interesting one. In very poor form recently and he may find himself with no other option at the end of this season. I sort of think another lower county might take a punt on him due to his age and his name though. But if he doesn't get another contract literally his only choice might be Zim, so that would be interesting to see. Clearly got talent, would be nice to see the Curran name involved with Zimbabwe again.
so bro things would be not looking bright for Zim

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

farhanhussan wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 5:26 pm
secretzimbo wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 4:54 pm
farhanhussan wrote:

________

so bro things would be not looking bright for Zim
Farhan,
You mean well, but I feel there’s a fair bit of history to catch up on with ZC and politics.
Hang around and you’ll start to get a feel for it
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*