Team kit

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
slcricfan1

Re: Team kit

Post by slcricfan1 »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:22 am
secretzimbo wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:27 pm
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:06 pm
Black and red has been proven scientifically to be the most attractive combo in sport. We are one of the only (if not only) international cricket teams that can adopt this. So why aren’t we?
All the best Zim kits I can recall were black heavy.
HK have had a few very classy red and black numbers in recent years.

I wish we could just keep it simple. Less is more.
I knew I forgot about them.
But they are very black heavy (in kit colour) arent they? last time i checked they were.
If we went for a predominant red heavy team kit, then thats a huge opportunity in sports marketing terms.
We already use red as our base colour.
Im guessing team colours is an afterthought, but this is such a huge gaping opportunity to get right.
Especially for kids, team jerseys are huge.
The 1995/6 Benson and hedges series between OZ,OZ A, Zim and England was a huge reason I followed both Zimbabwe and cricket. All those get ups were fantastic. All same theme too.
Screen Shot 2022-01-08 at 09.19.09.png
The 90's used to get so much right. Everything made sense and shit wasnt always so divisive (Murali aside, but at least in Oz everyone was on the same page he was cheating).

:x :x :x :x

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:22 am
secretzimbo wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:27 pm
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:06 pm
Black and red has been proven scientifically to be the most attractive combo in sport. We are one of the only (if not only) international cricket teams that can adopt this. So why aren’t we?
All the best Zim kits I can recall were black heavy.
HK have had a few very classy red and black numbers in recent years.

I wish we could just keep it simple. Less is more.
I knew I forgot about them.
But they are very black heavy (in kit colour) arent they? last time i checked they were.
If we went for a predominant red heavy team kit, then thats a huge opportunity in sports marketing terms.
We already use red as our base colour.
Im guessing team colours is an afterthought, but this is such a huge gaping opportunity to get right.
Especially for kids, team jerseys are huge.
The 1995/6 Benson and hedges series between OZ,OZ A, Zim and England was a huge reason I followed both Zimbabwe and cricket. All those get ups were fantastic. All same theme too.

The 90's used to get so much right. Everything made sense and shit wasnt always so divisive (Murali aside, but at least in Oz everyone was on the same page he was cheating).
These are some nice red and black numbers;

https://emergingcricket.com/wp-content/ ... ermuda.jpg

https://a.espncdn.com/i/cricket/cricinf ... 0x1117.jpg

But yellow is very much part of our colours so I'd like to see subtle yellow detailing and edges if possible.

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

CholeZimbo
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Re: Team kit and other Zim teams

Post by CholeZimbo »

The progress in terms of marketing, sponsorship and preparation being shown by Zim Rugby (Sables and Cheetahs) just goes to expose ZC's incompetence. Even in a tough economy, Zimbabwe rugby has shown with the right people in charge, all things are possible. The Sables have just bagged a $200K sponsorship and will participate in the South african domestic tournament (Currie cup) as prep for their world cup qualifier. All is possible, just shitty people in charge of our game.

Zimco
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Zimco »

Did Youse end up getting your shirts or was the website dodgy?

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Since this topic came up, here are some AI imaginations I was trying out for Zim Team Shirts, through MidJourney AI...

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

There's a lot happening in these kits. I much prefer it to be simple. Red is our prominent colour and needs to be so.

I like the bottom half of number 7.

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

3 or 7 yeah for me

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Yeah, agree. Red prominence is necessary. Even I liked 3 and 7 out of these. And 5 is not bad either. 3 would have made more sense if tigers were prominent in Zim :)

But all of these are more imaginative than some of the recent ZC stuff :lol:

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2023 1:05 am
Yeah, agree. Red prominence is necessary. Even I liked 3 and 7 out of these. And 5 is not bad either. 3 would have made more sense if tigers were prominent in Zim :)

But all of these are more imaginative than some of the recent ZC stuff :lol:
Yeah, 3 gives off Bangladesh vibes. I reckon if you take number 7 and change the top half the same shade of red -without all the other stuff- as the rest of the kit and keep those 3 yellow line across the middle to bottom, and also on the sleeve, you'd have a winner.

Anything is better than ZC produces. Our kits have lost all edge since the days of Faith Wear making them.
Last edited by zimbos_05 on Tue Apr 25, 2023 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.