Team kit

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: Team kit

Post by eugene »

Googly wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2023 8:06 pm
No. They tried that for the 1995 All Africa games.
A magnificent state of the art aquatics centre was built in Chitungwiza. I think about a year later they tried breeding ducks and then sold bottled ebola. Same as the national hockey stadium. I think an enterprising guy opened a Welcome Matt and carpet centre and stripped it. I think it must have been a joint venture with the police.
No doubt the pool pump would be stolen within days. I'm guessing the HSC lights will be systematically dismantled once this T10 thing is over?
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Googly

Post by Googly »

No they've done a great thing with these lights.
My fear is them underutilizing them after this tournament.
Also maintaining those generators if they do ever fire them up again. A new genset is supposed to get its first oil change after a few hours. Maintenance is a swear word here.
I'm trying to think of a way they could be used regularly.
I fear theyre going to be seriously underutilised.
Assume 10L an hour ea genset. That's 80 L, that's 120 bucks. It's nothing really, but someone has to pay it.

Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by 55727835 »

Hi all, thought I'd throw my name in the hat again for anyone willing to part with their jerseys/gear. I'm really not picky, but the older the better- happy to pay good money for good history.

Cheers.

Pat_Bee

Post by Pat_Bee »

Naqvi can source cheap but not quite accurate team kit from his dad’s sweat shop in Shadystan.

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

55727835 wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 11:43 pm
Hi all, thought I'd throw my name in the hat again for anyone willing to part with their jerseys/gear. I'm really not picky, but the older the better- happy to pay good money for good history.

Cheers.
Depends where in the world you are but a lot comes up on eBay from time to time; https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nkw= ... rt&_sop=12