Team kit

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
CholeZimbo
Posts: 1078
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:06 am
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles
Location: Johannesburg

Re: Team kit

Post by CholeZimbo »

Hoping we will be wearing a decent shirt this season, not the sick jokes of the last 2. Why can't ZC take a leaf out of the Sables and sack who ever has been designing our kits.

secretzimbo
Posts: 2195
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:08 pm
Supports: MidWest Rhinos
Location: Gweru

Re: Team kit

Post by secretzimbo »

Have you seen what the U19's are wearing currently? :lol:

CholeZimbo
Posts: 1078
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:06 am
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles
Location: Johannesburg

Re: Team kit

Post by CholeZimbo »

secretzimbo wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:03 am
Have you seen what the U19's are wearing currently? :lol:
:lol: not yet. I can only imagine. It's one thing struggling to win but rocking up looking like shit is really silly

secretzimbo
Posts: 2195
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:08 pm
Supports: MidWest Rhinos
Location: Gweru

Re: Team kit

Post by secretzimbo »

CholeZimbo wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:28 am
secretzimbo wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:03 am
Have you seen what the U19's are wearing currently? :lol:
:lol: not yet. I can only imagine. It's one thing struggling to win but rocking up looking like shit is really silly
https://twitter.com/FrankMawoza1/status ... 11/photo/1

sam_ahm
Posts: 1272
Joined: Mon May 07, 2018 4:23 pm

Re: Team kit

Post by sam_ahm »

secretzimbo wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:33 am
CholeZimbo wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:28 am
secretzimbo wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:03 am
Have you seen what the U19's are wearing currently? :lol:
:lol: not yet. I can only imagine. It's one thing struggling to win but rocking up looking like shit is really silly
https://twitter.com/FrankMawoza1/status ... 11/photo/1
Surely one of the worst Zimbabwe kits I've ever seen 🤦‍♂️. Usually Zimbabwe kits are good.

CholeZimbo
Posts: 1078
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:06 am
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles
Location: Johannesburg

Re: Team kit

Post by CholeZimbo »

secretzimbo wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:33 am
CholeZimbo wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:28 am
secretzimbo wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:03 am
Have you seen what the U19's are wearing currently? :lol:
:lol: not yet. I can only imagine. It's one thing struggling to win but rocking up looking like shit is really silly
https://twitter.com/FrankMawoza1/status ... 11/photo/1
:lol: okay someone is just having fun now :lol: :lol: :lol:

sloandog
Posts: 8769
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:28 am
Supports: MidWest Rhinos
Location: Manchester UK

Re: Team kit

Post by sloandog »

I actually really liked the orange kit we had in 2008. It was something different and a bit of a throw back to the 1990's.

ZIMDOGGY
Posts: 5716
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:40 pm
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Team kit

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Black and red has been proven scientifically to be the most attractive combo in sport. We are one of the only (if not only) international cricket teams that can adopt this. So why aren’t we?
All the best Zim kits I can recall were black heavy.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

**
Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

secretzimbo
Posts: 2195
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:08 pm
Supports: MidWest Rhinos
Location: Gweru

Re: Team kit

Post by secretzimbo »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:06 pm
Black and red has been proven scientifically to be the most attractive combo in sport. We are one of the only (if not only) international cricket teams that can adopt this. So why aren’t we?
All the best Zim kits I can recall were black heavy.
HK have had a few very classy red and black numbers in recent years.

I wish we could just keep it simple. Less is more.

ZIMDOGGY
Posts: 5716
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:40 pm
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Team kit

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

secretzimbo wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:27 pm
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:06 pm
Black and red has been proven scientifically to be the most attractive combo in sport. We are one of the only (if not only) international cricket teams that can adopt this. So why aren’t we?
All the best Zim kits I can recall were black heavy.
HK have had a few very classy red and black numbers in recent years.

I wish we could just keep it simple. Less is more.
I knew I forgot about them.
But they are very black heavy (in kit colour) arent they? last time i checked they were.
If we went for a predominant red heavy team kit, then thats a huge opportunity in sports marketing terms.
We already use red as our base colour.
Im guessing team colours is an afterthought, but this is such a huge gaping opportunity to get right.
Especially for kids, team jerseys are huge.
The 1995/6 Benson and hedges series between OZ,OZ A, Zim and England was a huge reason I followed both Zimbabwe and cricket. All those get ups were fantastic. All same theme too.
Screen Shot 2022-01-08 at 09.19.09.png
Screen Shot 2022-01-08 at 09.19.09.png (862.18 KiB) Viewed 75 times
The 90's used to get so much right. Everything made sense and shit wasnt always so divisive (Murali aside, but at least in Oz everyone was on the same page he was cheating).
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

**
Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Post Reply