Tawanda Muyeye Watch

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimbos_05

Re: Tawanda Muyeye Watch

Post by zimbos_05 »

zimlover wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 7:48 am

The guy made a few questionable decisions, so you think the Umpiring standards are not affected by the standard of cricket we have seen been played in the Logan Cup? How are the umpires suppose to develop when they are operating in an environment where they are starved of resources to develop to international standards.

The identification of race in the issue of lowered umpiring standards is like the identification of sand in a desert. The umpires do not exist in a vacuum but are also an extension of ZC'S policy to chase out any white related entities in the sport.

They need black and white to work together in Zimbabwe cricket, we don't need this them against us mentality that has been perpetuated by this board
The level of an umpire has nothing to do with an individual's skin colour and all to do with the resources and coaching at their disposal. Identification of skin colour has no correlation to your example of sand. You did not mention anything about Logan Cup. You said...
zimlover wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:18 am
Too many Black Zimbos doing the umpiring the standards have surely dropped,Hopefully we get a few white Umpires to lift the standard up
This suggests that only a white umpire can be of a good standard and that a black umpire will always be inferior. It's entirely wrong.

You also chose some choice words regarding the Pakistanis fasting referring to them as "Hungry Arabs".

I agree that we need to work together, but your comment is not what you claim. I'm sorry if you feel I'm attacking you, I'm not. However, I'm not going to sit by when someone is clearly using words and language that is derogatory or wrong.

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 12:02 am
I am sorry that you are offended by i Just dont see how i am the poster boy for racism on this forum,
Hmm.... :roll: :roll:
zimlover wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 11:11 pm
This actually accurate most Blacks are terrible at Maths anything that requires Calculation really flashes them out. :D :D

zimlover
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by zimlover »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 9:49 am
[quote=zimlover post_id=163626 time=<a href="tel:1621151304">1621151304</a> user_id=924]

The guy made a few questionable decisions, so you think the Umpiring standards are not affected by the standard of cricket we have seen been played in the Logan Cup? How are the umpires suppose to develop when they are operating in an environment where they are starved of resources to develop to international standards.

The identification of race in the issue of lowered umpiring standards is like the identification of sand in a desert. The umpires do not exist in a vacuum but are also an extension of ZC'S policy to chase out any white related entities in the sport.

They need black and white to work together in Zimbabwe cricket, we don't need this them against us mentality that has been perpetuated by this board
The level of an umpire has nothing to do with an individual's skin colour and all to do with the resources and coaching at their disposal. Identification of skin colour has no correlation to your example of sand. You did not mention anything about Logan Cup. You said...

[quote=zimlover post_id=162140 time=<a href="tel:1619677117">1619677117</a> user_id=924]
Too many Black Zimbos doing the umpiring the standards have surely dropped,Hopefully we get a few white Umpires to lift the standard up
[/quote]

This suggests that only a white umpire can be of a good standard and that a black umpire will always be inferior. It's entirely wrong.

You also chose some choice words regarding the Pakistanis fasting referring to them as "Hungry Arabs".

I agree that we need to work together, but your comment is not what you claim. I'm sorry if you feel I'm attacking you, I'm not. However, I'm not going to sit by when someone is clearly using words and language that is derogatory or wrong.
[/quote]

Ok I admit to getting fired up about things,but I want the team to succeed as much as everyone else.

zimlover

Post by zimlover »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 9:49 am
zimlover wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 7:48 am

zimlover wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:18 am

I do get fired up sometimes,when the team is struggling,I want the team to succeed whether it’s black or white

zimlover

Post by zimlover »

secretzimbo wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 10:16 am
zimbos_05 wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 12:02 am
I am sorry that you are offended by i Just dont see how i am the poster boy for racism on this forum,
Hmm.... :roll: :roll:
zimlover wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 11:11 pm
This actually accurate most Blacks are terrible at Maths anything that requires Calculation really flashes them out. :D :D
You guys are obviously saints in this I have read some shocking stuff in this forum.

Train Driver

Post by Train Driver »

I understand there's a guy called Tawanda Muyeye playing for Kent at the moment, wouldn't it be great if we had a thread about him

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Happily, Muyeye is back out in the middle for Kent in the much rain-affected match at Hove.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

zimlover wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 11:55 am

I do get fired up sometimes,when the team is struggling,I want the team to succeed whether it’s black or white
We all wants best for Zim cricket, but we do not need to resort to racial slurs to express our frustration. Your comment about maths has nothing to do with ZC or cricket.

Personally, you have been a contributor here for a long time. None of us are saints. We have all said something we shouldn't have at some point on this forum, be that in different manners. That is to say we said something wrong, but it was probably not a racist or bigoted comment. We all have to learn and accept when we mess up and make the effort to rectify it. Myself, I had an issue with TapsC before and it got quite heated. Since then, I have to learn to be better in my interaction with others and make a concerted effort to receive and respond to him with open ears.

Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

Don't know why these african nation creates issues on black & white. Talent should be the primary matter for selection. Non performers should be shown their way out.

All white Zim team had done well in 90s then all black team, that doesnt blacks are not talented or play a political game to include black qouta in the team. Final XI should be full off talent weather all blacks or all white.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/ ... -the-world

You can forget about him. His intentions are very clear. I hope it works out for him the way he imagines it will because as things stand he can never set foot in Zimbabwe again.

They will make him a poster boy, I just hope he can deliver. To be honest watching the other kids bat yesterday I realized we are not going anywhere anytime soon. 3 twenty year olds held the heads up high against some good bowlers. Muyeye is a loss just like the Currans but it will not be the end of us. We are very much alive. Dont forget there is also young Bawa still in school.