Tawanda Muyeye Watch

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimbos_05

Re: Tawanda Muyeye Watch

Post by zimbos_05 »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 6:41 am

Why does every time he say something you bring me into it?
At least the second time you’ve done this.
How would you like it if everytime another poster made a comment I attributed their thought to you.
The first time you were not blameless. You added to what he was saying. I will admit, I misread something in this thread so that's on me for adding you to the second incident. I apologise for that.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 5:57 am
Gentlemen, lets have some sort of decorum.

Just because zimlover delves in to the realms of racism, islamaphobia, and bigotry, does not mean we all need to stoop to such levels. I know the mods are absent and never check in so all of this goes unchecked, but we can still carry ourselves with some sort of dignity and not stoop to such levels.
One thing people don’t realize is that a lot of things people say here do reach certain ears who have control of the affairs of the game. Then you expect them to act in a civil manner towards people like Streak. It’s a proper vicious cycle that is getting worse by the day. Calling Brendan Taylor a Rhodesian cricketer on another post. Those things create problems and to be honest resentment all round. One day you will remember me saying this when it blows up and one day there will be a point of no return

It’s fine when it’s somebody in India commenting on things they don’t know but when it’s possibly someone with actual ties to Zim, it will end bad. You heard it here first

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

TapsC2 wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 12:45 pm
zimbos_05 wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 5:57 am
Gentlemen, lets have some sort of decorum.

Just because zimlover delves in to the realms of racism, islamaphobia, and bigotry, does not mean we all need to stoop to such levels. I know the mods are absent and never check in so all of this goes unchecked, but we can still carry ourselves with some sort of dignity and not stoop to such levels.
One thing people don’t realize is that a lot of things people say here do reach certain ears who have control of the affairs of the game. Then you expect them to act in a civil manner towards people like Streak. It’s a proper vicious cycle that is getting worse by the day. Calling Brendan Taylor a Rhodesian cricketer on another post. Those things create problems and to be honest resentment all round. One day you will remember me saying this when it blows up and one day there will be a point of no return

It’s fine when it’s somebody in India commenting on things they don’t know but when it’s possibly someone with actual ties to Zim, it will end bad. You heard it here first
^ I agree so much with this.

I actually agree with a lot of the general sentiment of some posters on here on these race issues but some of the language is really outdated and unnecessary. I'm gonna guess most live overseas and are bit out of touch with reality of Zimbabwe in 2021.

Thankfully the younger white generation that are still in the country are much more reasonable and sensitive in language they use and way they go about things.
Last edited by secretzimbo on Sat May 15, 2021 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

TapsC2 wrote:
One thing people don’t realize is that a lot of things people say here do reach certain ears who have control of the affairs of the game. Then you expect them to act in a civil manner towards people like Streak.
While I understand the general flow of this, why should the behavior of some random Internet troll impact the language meted out to a current or former cricketer by the governing body? And if this is taken to be true, how does that reflect on the powers that be and the organization?

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

TapsC2 wrote:

As someone who had been subjected to direct abuse from people within ZC and their fans, I definitely realise. I think that speaks more to the quality of those individuals that they think it's ok to behave in such manners.

My point was just, let not feed zimlover. If he wishes to stoop to such low levels, then let him do so. We don't have to stoop to those levels too. Kriterion and I have been subjected to much Islamaphobia and abuse for our beliefs, but we never attacked that individual for their beliefs. An eye for an eye makes the world bling.

zimlover
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by zimlover »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 12:02 am
TapsC2 wrote:

As someone who had been subjected to direct abuse from people within ZC and their fans, I definitely realise. I think that speaks more to the quality of those individuals that they think it's ok to behave in such manners.

My point was just, let not feed zimlover. If he wishes to stoop to such low levels, then let him do so. We don't have to stoop to those levels too. Kriterion and I have been subjected to much Islamaphobia and abuse for our beliefs, but we never attacked that individual for their beliefs. An eye for an eye makes the world bling.
I am sorry that you are offended by i Just dont see how i am the poster boy for racism on this forum, I have read lots of post from numerous posters, Some express their bigotry/ racism in more direct ways than my factual post, yet Suddenly when i make my comments i am labelled a racist?

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Time waits for no man.

As much as we might miss the good ole days of 1850, the fact is its 2021 and people have to either modernize their public behavior or deal with being labelled. If someone is wearing an apron, you can't be blamed for thinking they are a chef.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

zimlover wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 5:05 am

I am sorry that you are offended by i Just dont see how i am the poster boy for racism on this forum, I have read lots of post from numerous posters, Some express their bigotry/ racism in more direct ways than my factual post, yet Suddenly when i make my comments i am labelled a racist?
Dude, what about your comment on Langton Rusere? Your comments are determined racist as they identify race as the only reason someone is good or bad at something.

Just because someone else is bigoted, does not give anyone the right to do the same. We have to be better than that and rise above it. Call it out where we see it and aim to rectify and change it.

zimlover

Post by zimlover »

The guy made a few questionable decisions, so you think the Umpiring standards are not affected by the standard of cricket we have seen been played in the Logan Cup? How are the umpires suppose to develop when they are operating in an environment where they are starved of resources to develop to international standards.

The identification of race in the issue of lowered umpiring standards is like the identification of sand in a desert. The umpires do not exist in a vacuum but are also an extension of ZC'S policy to chase out any white related entities in the sport.

They need black and white to work together in Zimbabwe cricket, we don't need this them against us mentality that has been perpetuated by this board.

zimlover

Post by zimlover »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 6:23 am
zimlover wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 5:05 am

Dude, what about your comment on Langton Rusere? Your comments are determined racist as they identify race as the only reason someone is good or bad at something.

Just because someone else is bigoted, does not give anyone the right to do the same. We have to be better than that and rise above it. Call it out where we see it and aim to rectify and change it.
The guy made a few questionable decisions, so you think the Umpiring standards are not affected by the standard of cricket we have seen been played in the Logan Cup? How are the umpires suppose to develop when they are operating in an environment where they are starved of resources to develop to international standards.

The identification of race in the issue of lowered umpiring standards is like the identification of sand in a desert. The umpires do not exist in a vacuum but are also an extension of ZC'S policy to chase out any white related entities in the sport.

They need black and white to work together in Zimbabwe cricket, we don't need this them against us mentality that has been perpetuated by this board