Tawanda Muyeye Watch

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Train Driver
Posts: 1927
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:35 am

Re: Tawanda Muyeye Watch

Post by Train Driver »

TapsC2 wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 12:46 am
Making such a decision at 20 is incredible. I guess he has no choice but to make it there at all costs now.
What better time is there to make a decision? he's got a whole career ahead of him now instead of a stop, start, shall I, shall I not, cock up everything mid career fiasco, good for him and I hope he succeeds*****


***** Although not against Sussex of course *****

TapsC2
Posts: 498
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:40 pm

Re: Tawanda Muyeye Watch

Post by TapsC2 »

Train Driver wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 12:19 pm
TapsC2 wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 12:46 am
Making such a decision at 20 is incredible. I guess he has no choice but to make it there at all costs now.
What better time is there to make a decision? he's got a whole career ahead of him now instead of a stop, start, shall I, shall I not, cock up everything mid career fiasco, good for him and I hope he succeeds*****


***** Although not against Sussex of course *****

Fair enough. My point is there is no going back. If he fails there he can’t play for Zim after getting refugee status elsewhere because the status quo here isn’t changing any time soon. It’s like what Olonga did. You have to be 100% sure. Olonga’s career was done after that

TapsC2
Posts: 498
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:40 pm

Re: Tawanda Muyeye Watch

Post by TapsC2 »

He doesn’t come from a poor background either. His father was talking about him pushing for a degree last year. It’s an interesting one. High risk - high reward. He has 100% set his sights on playing for England
Last edited by TapsC2 on Sat May 15, 2021 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

ZIMDOGGY
Posts: 5163
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:40 pm
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Tawanda Muyeye Watch

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

TapsC2 wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 1:46 pm
He doesn’t come from a poor background either. His father was talking about him punishing a degree last year. It’s an interesting one. High risk - high reward. He has 100% set his sights on playing for England
163A5FE7-7F89-44E6-95EF-3A4C26856D39.png
163A5FE7-7F89-44E6-95EF-3A4C26856D39.png (1.32 MiB) Viewed 254 times
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

**
Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

zimlover
Posts: 849
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:55 pm
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles
Location: melbourne .vic
Contact:

Re: Tawanda Muyeye Watch

Post by zimlover »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 7:49 pm
TapsC2 wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 1:46 pm
He doesn’t come from a poor background either. His father was talking about him punishing a degree last year. It’s an interesting one. High risk - high reward. He has 100% set his sights on playing for England
163A5FE7-7F89-44E6-95EF-3A4C26856D39.png
This actually accurate most Blacks are terrible at Maths anything that requires Calculation really flashes them out. :D :D

TapsC2
Posts: 498
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:40 pm

Re: Tawanda Muyeye Watch

Post by TapsC2 »

zimlover wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 11:11 pm
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 7:49 pm
TapsC2 wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 1:46 pm
He doesn’t come from a poor background either. His father was talking about him punishing a degree last year. It’s an interesting one. High risk - high reward. He has 100% set his sights on playing for England
163A5FE7-7F89-44E6-95EF-3A4C26856D39.png
This actually accurate most Blacks are terrible at Maths anything that requires Calculation really flashes them out. :D :D
And what are you good at exactly? Most African whites are farmers or highly paid handy men actually, not rocket scientists. If you want us to talk like that we all can . Since there are no rules here anymore we can all go down that path. There is nothing special or different about you. Why did you think it has been so ‘difficult’ for white people to stay in Zimbabwe and make a living after they lost their farms? Think about it

User avatar
zimbos_05
Posts: 2150
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:00 am

Re: Tawanda Muyeye Watch

Post by zimbos_05 »

Gentlemen, lets have some sort of decorum.

Just because zimlover delves in to the realms of racism, islamaphobia, and bigotry, does not mean we all need to stoop to such levels. I know the mods are absent and never check in so all of this goes unchecked, but we can still carry ourselves with some sort of dignity and not stoop to such levels.
Last edited by zimbos_05 on Sat May 15, 2021 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zimco
Posts: 448
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:11 pm
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: Tawanda Muyeye Watch

Post by Zimco »

zimlover wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 12:38 am

I wish him well,I have read worse statements about race on this forum and I am shocked every one thinks I am the racist.

I would like to apologise to anyone I have offended.My girl friend suggested I take a Cultural Awareness class.

Zimco
Posts: 448
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:11 pm
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: Tawanda Muyeye Watch

Post by Zimco »

On the other hand the white population in Zim does come from a large military and farming stock so there is a potential that they are genetically more sporty than the average British person. Just like the Dutch south Africans coming from sailers or farming Dutch with a bit of mixing which makes them pretty big blokes. Or the west Indians being more muscular on average

I don't see a problem also with 11 Pakistani Canadians playing for Canada or 11 south Africans Brits playing for UK or more whites playing for South Africa/Zim. The goal is for the best players in the world to play internationally. You can't stop competition. It will take time for Canada or USA to have homegrown players. Just like 5 African Americans in most basketball teams- nothing wrong with it.

I think most players (like kohli) just want to be the way cricketer.

ZIMDOGGY
Posts: 5163
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:40 pm
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Tawanda Muyeye Watch

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 5:57 am
Gentlemen, lets have some sort of decorum.

Just because zimlover and doggy delve in to the realms of racism, islamaphobia, and bigotry, does not mean we all need to stoop to such levels. I know the mods are absent and never check in so all of this goes unchecked, but we can still carry ourselves with some sort of dignity and not stoop to such levels.
Why does every time he say something you bring me into it?
At least the second time you’ve done this.
How would you like it if everytime another poster made a comment I attributed their thought to you.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

**
Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Post Reply