Zimbabwe A Vs South Africa A! June

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
CholeZimbo
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Re: Zimbabwe A Vs South Africa A! June

Post by CholeZimbo »

Happy to see Chatara back. He is still our premier pace bowler just in need of match fitness really hope he works hard, his talent is the missing link to our attack. Any other youngster who impresses will join the trio.

Zim bowling attack

8. Best spinner in the country
9. Blessing Muzarabani
10. Tendai Chatara
11. Best of the emerging pacers in the country

Apart from injured players looking for match fitness like Chatara, an A side should be an under 27 team.

Zimco
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Zimco »

secretzimbo wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 12:30 pm
Zimco wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 12:23 pm
secretzimbo wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 11:23 am

Because he's not in the country. And he's not a professional cricketer and he has no intention of becoming one.
Then why was he playing first class cricket. Shows that cricket in Zim is more like club cricket at times. Imagine someone playing FC cricket in aus who had no intention being a pro cricketer.
He lives in Australia, plays a decent level of club (grade?) cricket over there but has a full time career outside cricket. I understand he got stuck in Zim during the Oz travel restrictions and was finding it difficult to get back for a while.
Out of interest what level of grade did he play? First grade, second grade, third grade etc

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Zimco wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 12:51 pm
secretzimbo wrote:
Zimco wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 12:23 pm

Then why was he playing first class cricket. Shows that cricket in Zim is more like club cricket at times. Imagine someone playing FC cricket in aus who had no intention being a pro cricketer.
He lives in Australia, plays a decent level of club (grade?) cricket over there but has a full time career outside cricket. I understand he got stuck in Zim during the Oz travel restrictions and was finding it difficult to get back for a while.
Out of interest what level of grade did he play? First grade, second grade, third grade etc
Queensland based but I'm not sure he even plays grade level. Was playing local cricket below grade as of a couple years ago. I think his career is a fitness instructor/sports science or something along those lines.

Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

Not only financial matter, team selections also matters in talents opting for other nations. Too much back up for proven failures

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

secretzimbo wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 1:04 pm
Zimco wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 12:51 pm
secretzimbo wrote:

Queensland based but I'm not sure he even plays grade level. Was playing local cricket below grade as of a couple years ago. I think his career is a fitness instructor/sports science or something along those lines.
I remember we spoke about it two months ago and I looked it up
Through MyCricket.

It was a pub league.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Can't tell whether to laugh or cry that our national team captain is in the A squad. He is literally stealing a spot from a young player.

Hope Chari and Maruma do not get near the field. They are wasted choices.

I also understand the concern with Akram, but I'm not against it. This is what the A squad matches are for. He either comes in and proves himself or this is where he should stay.

Really hope the guys who deserve their shot get their shot.

Also, why are our graphics always so bad compared to every other team.

Rajkumar Sharma

Faraz Akram & Nayuchi both are similar and will look threatening only if there is swing & seam, Akram has the added advantage can bat at the lower order

Mueddie28

Post by Mueddie28 »

Faraz Akram & Nayuchi
Milton vs Madhevere in the long format
Chatara deserves a go
A game for Evans in each format would go along way..

Rajkumar Sharma

A senior of one nation is leaving the game for young talents and few proven failed seniors of other nation to play for A team to return to national side and snatch a place for young talent :lol:
Attachments
Screenshot_2021-05-20-12-27-10_1.jpg
Screenshot_2021-05-20-12-27-10_1.jpg (36.2 KiB) Viewed 1270 times

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

I like that Zubayr is leading the South African A team, he looks promising, and is colored, can be of good value to the proteas team if he comes through.