Zimbabwe A Vs South Africa A! June

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Zimbabwe A Vs South Africa A! June

Post by secretzimbo »

Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 3:06 am
Faraz Akram & Nayuchi both are similar and will look threatening only if there is swing & seam, Akram has the added advantage can bat at the lower order
Nyauchi is light years ahead of Akram

Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

secretzimbo wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 9:35 am
Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Faraz Akram & Nayuchi both are similar and will look threatening only if there is swing & seam, Akram has the added advantage can bat at the lower order
Thatswhy he was made to warm in bench against Pakistan. If one good spell would have made a bowler ahead then many would have been a legend. Nyauchi need a green top with assistance in pitch to get success, he is useless in flat pitches. Akram got good shape in flat pitches of Rawalpindi against Pakistan.

Zimco
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Zimco »

Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 6:59 am
A senior of one nation is leaving the game for young talents and few proven failed seniors of other nation to play for A team to return to national side and snatch a place for young talent :lol:
AB is also loaded whereas chibhabha is not.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 11:18 am
secretzimbo wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 9:35 am
Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Thatswhy he was made to warm in bench against Pakistan. If one good spell would have made a bowler ahead then many would have been a legend. Nyauchi need a green top with assistance in pitch to get success, he is useless in flat pitches. Akram got good shape in flat pitches of Rawalpindi against Pakistan.
No, I mean I've been watching Nyauchi for the best part of 10 years and Akram since he turned up for the rising stars team. Akram is a poor cricketer with questionable attitude who is very well connected in Zim and seems to have been getting opportunities based on things other than talent.

Nyauchi a significantly better bowler especially in white ball cricket. The gap between the two is huge and anyone who has watched either play over the years would surely agree this isn't even open for discussion.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Akram I've said for 2 years is simply not good enough.
Can't say much for his attitude as I don't know him but, his ability looks limited. Running in and bowling 76mph up and down without holding the blade screams bang average to me

Rajkumar Sharma

His stats doesn't looks bad. Taibu rated him as one of the good seam bowling talent, may be his non zimbo origin can create dislike.
Attachments
IMG_20210520_190439.jpg
IMG_20210520_190439.jpg (150.25 KiB) Viewed 1412 times

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Zimco wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 11:34 am

AB is also loaded whereas chibhabha is not.
If you follow Chamu on twitter you would think he is loaded. He certainly carries himself such.

Either way, loaded or not, it still speaks more that AB is giving the younger guys a shot. He understands he can walk in to that side, but does not want to take away from the guys who've worked hard to be there.

At this point, it's just Chamu looking out for Chamu.

Rajkumar Sharma

There should be clarity in selection, for few players they said they won't look back and for few proven failures, they are offering them chances again & again.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

I have seen akram twice in that recent t20 and thought he looked the best out of our seamers bar Blessing. Kept it extremely accurate.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 8:22 am
I have seen akram twice in that recent t20 and thought he looked the best out of our seamers bar Blessing. Kept it extremely accurate.
Did well on debut in Pakistan but that second match against Afghanistan I think he looked poor.

Odd that he got his chance in T20, on the back of basically no experience at all in the format. He's a much better red ball bowler. You're right, he's pretty accurate when I've seen him over the years. But offers very very little threat really. No pace, doesn't get much bounce, doesn't get much swing, not much seam. He's a bit of a trundler really. He's basically Donald Tiripano but without the experience and guile.

Also not the most popular man in the changing room at Eagles this season I hear.