Jayden or Murray

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimbofan88

Re: Jayden or Murray

Post by zimbofan88 »

We hear ZC not having enough budget to organize tournaments, no proper tv rights, logistics etc. Even with the pathetic admin, somehow our boys are getting some good game time.We had strong Derbyshire tour us, our emerging team was next to tour them, we had NPL, Logan,u-19 and now A tours. Some of these tournaments should really lift up our bars.
If our boys can play more foreign t-20 leagues and if we can initiate more bilateral tours with other stronger associate nations( with fanbase and money) like Nepal or USA, we could have a full packed year. The senior team has been busier with the fixtures. If the board can just do its basics right, then fixtures will come and money will float. Cricket in Zim is not that depressing or dead as some of the folks here are saying.
Last edited by zimbofan88 on Sun May 23, 2021 3:15 am, edited 4 times in total.

Elcano

Post by Elcano »

slcricfan1 wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 4:33 am
I thoguht it was Dane who kept and Jayden who bowled
Yeah it was Dane .. he signed for county club for 2years .. maybe he has gone to get experience just like Muzarabani ..

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

I don't doubt that things like the NPL and such are good ideas and we are seeing some change, but we have to be honest in that 4 match domestic seasons are not enough for these kids to be near the level they need to be for International. Even in Aus, national players will play home and away domestic comps, then also play club cricket, and even play winter leagues. Some of them even play indoor when not playing season.

My other gripe with Hammy is he could have made all this happen when he was a player, but he never did. Very self-serving.

As for the Jayden/Dane v Murray debate. I'm not sure Murray is coming back any time soon. Which is extremely sad. The ideal situation would be to have both as you need the competition too, and possibly one would develop better as a long format player over the other. Or you do what other countries do and have both of them play, just one of them is a normal fielder.

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 5:25 am
I don't doubt that things like the NPL and such are good ideas and we are seeing some change, but we have to be honest in that 4 match domestic seasons are not enough for these kids to be near the level they need to be for International. Even in Aus, national players will play home and away domestic comps, then also play club cricket, and even play winter leagues. Some of them even play indoor when not playing season.

My other gripe with Hammy is he could have made all this happen when he was a player, but he never did. Very self-serving.

As for the Jayden/Dane v Murray debate. I'm not sure Murray is coming back any time soon. Which is extremely sad. The ideal situation would be to have both as you need the competition too, and possibly one would develop better as a long format player over the other. Or you do what other countries do and have both of them play, just one of them is a normal fielder.
maybe he couldnt we dont know

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

slcricfan1 wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 5:51 am

Oh definitely could have. He had plenty of opportunity, he just chose to turn on his team mates.

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 10:34 pm
slcricfan1 wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 5:51 am

Oh definitely could have. He had plenty of opportunity, he just chose to turn on his team mates.
Yeah fair but I`d have thought he might have saw himself trying would be futile and it wouldve been better to change from inside ykwim

Mueddie28

Post by Mueddie28 »

Elcano wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 3:02 am
slcricfan1 wrote:
Yeah it was Dane .. he signed for county club for 2years .. maybe he has gone to get experience just like Muzarabani ..
On this topic
Who is now the backup wicketkeeper
With BT retired
Murray working in the UK
Dane not interested in playing for Zimbabwe
Gumbie being a useless batsman
Mutambani underperforming as a player
?

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Mueddie28 wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:08 pm
Elcano wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 3:02 am
slcricfan1 wrote:
On this topic
Who is now the backup wicketkeeper
With BT retired
Murray working in the UK
Dane not interested in playing for Zimbabwe
Gumbie being a useless batsman
Mutambani underperforming as a player
?
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=23410

Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

TapsC2 wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 5:45 am
There are a lot of changes that Hami has made which I think will benefit these kids a lot. The main feature is to play lots of cricket. Unlike before these guys are actually playing a lot . The talented guys that is. From domestic to NPL to ‘A’ cricket to U.K. club cricket. Constant cricket. There are more A games lined up. Then you have a lot more national games too.

The key thing to figure out now is player retention. This is not just ZC’s fault but a collapsing economy in general. Sport can’t be your only option in a country like ours and that pushes the likes of Myers to go to uni. They figure that out and we have a chance.

As for the topic I think we need both Dane and Murray. We need 3 or 4 genuine wicket keeping options. 1 injury and you will be recalling a 37 year old Chakabva

Playng NPL & domestic cricket is of no use unless they represent Zimbabwe and win games. Hammy should try to motivate them to represent Zimbabwe. Ex Zimbos or players who are comming from UK aren't so much top players that will raise standard of domestic cricket. Difference between Hammy & Streak Taibu combo is Streak Taibu combo even Campbell motivated players like Murray, Mire, Roche to play for Zim, make them understand international cricket the first priority and also had impact in bringing Taylor & Jarvis back for Zim.

Standard depends on arranging teams all of nearly equal strength and making result oriented tracks.Murrays, Jaydens, Currans, Roches, Evans, Odendaals can add value to Zim only through international cricket not by playing domestic cricket and run away

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:53 pm
TapsC2 wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 5:45 am
There are a lot of changes that Hami has made which I think will benefit these kids a lot. The main feature is to play lots of cricket. Unlike before these guys are actually playing a lot . The talented guys that is. From domestic to NPL to ‘A’ cricket to U.K. club cricket. Constant cricket. There are more A games lined up. Then you have a lot more national games too.

The key thing to figure out now is player retention. This is not just ZC’s fault but a collapsing economy in general. Sport can’t be your only option in a country like ours and that pushes the likes of Myers to go to uni. They figure that out and we have a chance.

As for the topic I think we need both Dane and Murray. We need 3 or 4 genuine wicket keeping options. 1 injury and you will be recalling a 37 year old Chakabva

Playng NPL & domestic cricket is of no use unless they represent Zimbabwe and win games. Hammy should try to motivate them to represent Zimbabwe. Ex Zimbos or players who are comming from UK aren't so much top players that will raise standard of domestic cricket. Difference between Hammy & Streak Taibu combo is Streak Taibu combo even Campbell motivated players like Murray, Mire, Roche to play for Zim, make them understand international cricket the first priority and also had impact in bringing Taylor & Jarvis back for Zim.

Standard depends on arranging teams all of nearly equal strength and making result oriented tracks.Murrays, Jaydens, Currans, Roches, Evans, Odendaals can add value to Zim only through international cricket not by playing domestic cricket and run away
Whats with you and your alt accounts obsession with Odendaal?
He doesnt make our team on any day. He plays pub cricket.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*