Jayden or Murray

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
slcricfan1

Re: Jayden or Murray

Post by slcricfan1 »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:45 pm
Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:53 pm
TapsC2 wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 5:45 am
There are a lot of changes that Hami has made which I think will benefit these kids a lot. The main feature is to play lots of cricket. Unlike before these guys are actually playing a lot . The talented guys that is. From domestic to NPL to ‘A’ cricket to U.K. club cricket. Constant cricket. There are more A games lined up. Then you have a lot more national games too.

The key thing to figure out now is player retention. This is not just ZC’s fault but a collapsing economy in general. Sport can’t be your only option in a country like ours and that pushes the likes of Myers to go to uni. They figure that out and we have a chance.

As for the topic I think we need both Dane and Murray. We need 3 or 4 genuine wicket keeping options. 1 injury and you will be recalling a 37 year old Chakabva

Playng NPL & domestic cricket is of no use unless they represent Zimbabwe and win games. Hammy should try to motivate them to represent Zimbabwe. Ex Zimbos or players who are comming from UK aren't so much top players that will raise standard of domestic cricket. Difference between Hammy & Streak Taibu combo is Streak Taibu combo even Campbell motivated players like Murray, Mire, Roche to play for Zim, make them understand international cricket the first priority and also had impact in bringing Taylor & Jarvis back for Zim.

Standard depends on arranging teams all of nearly equal strength and making result oriented tracks.Murrays, Jaydens, Currans, Roches, Evans, Odendaals can add value to Zim only through international cricket not by playing domestic cricket and run away
Whats with you and your alt accounts obsession with Odendaal?
He doesnt make our team on any day. He plays pub cricket.
Is he that bad ? He did pretty decently in the first class competition which isnt that good by any means but wouldnt that mean he`s at least on the level of Tiripano etc

Googly

Post by Googly »

I haven't been following Murray's cricket or lack thereof for a while. He's a talented bloke and even after a long lay-off I'm sure his glove work would be damned good. It's his batting that would surely be a worry?

Googly

Post by Googly »

Zim is a great venue for County pre-season cricket. With Houghton here we may see a couple of County sides try again, he's well respected in County circles and it would be cheap for the Counties, aside from the airfares. That's the standard of cricket Zimbos need to be exposed to.
There's always so much talk of County stuff, players and followers alike need to see first hand the level they play at.