Sponsors

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
saifulsohel05

Re: Sponsors

Post by saifulsohel05 »

Update...
Attachments
Screenshot_2021-05-24-17-18-26-12.jpg
Screenshot_2021-05-24-17-18-26-12.jpg (381.13 KiB) Viewed 1849 times

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

secretzimbo wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 9:32 am
Fuck me. This incessant posting by farhan and Mr Sharma are so boring now. Across multiple threads in recent days. It’s like talking with children. Joined here hoping for adult discussions with what I thought were ‘Zimbabwe Cricket Fans’. Not incomprehensible idiot children from the sub continent who clearly can’t read, and very clearly absolutely despise zimbabwe.

Maybe social media is better after all - with actual fans who actually know what they are talking about, are willing to engage and learn, and want to actually support the country.
Learn to respect people's opinion mate, not everyone will think the same. I think everyone here wants Zimbabwe to do well eventually, despite coming from different countries and cultures. Let's respect that.

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Worth a read in the context of what this might lead Burl into: https://chadwickdrive.substack.com/p/th ... -equipment
Not a lot people outside of Zimbabwe will have heard of Brian Mudzinganyama. I only heard of him because Angelo Mathews remembers him.

Mathews does not remember him for his great batting. The 26-year-old only managed 16 runs from 62 balls on his debut in 2020 after he came on as a concussion sub for Kevin Kasuza who had been struck on the helmet while fielding at short-leg. What Mathews remembers him for is the state of his batting gloves. They are not the kind of gloves one expects an international player to practice in, much less wear to an international match.

So, after the match, where he scored his double ton, Mathews pulled the young man aside and gave him a pair of brand new batting gloves. That's the kind of person Angelo is, he likes to help out and give back to the sport that has given him so much.

"We all need to share what we have with others, and if I can help someone in any way and put a smile on that person's face, that makes me happier than anything else," says Angelo.

Marshmallow

Post by Marshmallow »

saifulsohel05 wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 11:27 am
Update...
'Mates' so it's will be the whole team?

Marshmallow

Post by Marshmallow »

saifulsohel05 wrote:
Update...
Mates' so it's will be the whole team?

saifulsohel05

Post by saifulsohel05 »

Marshmallow wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 11:37 am
saifulsohel05 wrote:
Update...
Mates' so it's will be the whole team?
Hopefully...

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

TapsC2 wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 8:58 am
The real questions are how does it work? Who is supposed to provide the footwear and how has the process worked in the past. If we get those answers then we will know who was wrong in this situation. In the end it’s a professional environment and there are procedures. Undermining the reputation of your employer is a no in any situation
Having spoken to guys on the inside (also, Lee Carseldine goes to my gym so I've spoken to him too) the big name players will be approached by brands to sponsor them. Same happens for middle ranked players but not for the same amount of money or support. Big me might get 10 bats, middle will get 5 maybe.

The rest is players can either source their own or their national or club boards will have a structure in place to support players. This can happen in the case of equipment that is standard such as helmets, globes, pads, bats. Shoes are a little tougher because of sizing and need for each player, so players are allowed to source their own either through trying to get a sponsor or just buying their own.

So this is definitely not a dig at ZC from Burl. I feel it's just him finding things rough and thought he'd reach out directly on social media to see if one of the brand's wanted to get on board.

If Puma are providing for other guys on the team, ZC really should be thanking him.

The quickest ZANU dies, the better. Would also be nice for Kirsty to do her job and intervene in things like this.

CholeZimbo
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by CholeZimbo »

secretzimbo wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 9:32 am
Fuck me. This incessant posting by farhan and Mr Sharma are so boring now. Across multiple threads in recent days. It’s like talking with children. Joined here hoping for adult discussions with what I thought were ‘Zimbabwe Cricket Fans’. Not incomprehensible idiot children from the sub continent who clearly can’t read, and very clearly absolutely despise zimbabwe.

Maybe social media is better after all - with actual fans who actually know what they are talking about, are willing to engage and learn, and want to actually support the country.
Dude! No hate but sub continent guys we know you really love cricket in general as shown by even being on this forum, but stop blowing things out of proportion sometimes. And the childish banter on social media is annoying, especially the India vs Pakistan battles that always end up with insults towards Zim cricket. We have major issues yes but your posts are getting annoying and immature especially you two!

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Something us longer fans, by that I’ll loosely say the ones who have followed it closely for 10+ years, have to sometimes give some leeway to newer fans, who don’t know the history, who come in a little annoying and gung ho with ‘great ideas’ on how to bolster Zim cricket.
They are just applying normal logic that they would expect from an efficient setup from actual dedicated and shrewd management. It can take them a little while to understand some of the nuances and history of the ZC shitshow.
But please understand newbies, we all know what ZCs issues are, and we know what to improve on. Your ideas are the ones we had twenty years ago, and 15, and 5 etc. we just have a better understanding on the how’s and whys.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

CholeZimbo
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by CholeZimbo »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 6:53 pm
Something us longer fans, by that I’ll loosely say the ones who have followed it closely for 10+ years, have to sometimes give some leeway to newer fans, who don’t know the history, who come in a little annoying and gung ho with ‘great ideas’ on how to bolster Zim cricket.
They are just applying normal logic that they would expect from an efficient setup from actual dedicated and shrewd management. It can take them a little while to understand some of the nuances and history of the ZC shitshow.
But please understand newbies, we all know what ZCs issues are, and we know what to improve on. Your ideas are the ones we had twenty years ago, and 15, and 5 etc. we just have a better understanding on the how’s and whys.
Slow clap. This deserves Morgan Freeman's voice!