Sponsors

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Sponsors

Post by secretzimbo »

farhanhussan wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 8:59 pm
secretzimbo wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 7:13 pm
Bit naive of him in the first place. He knows ZC and he knows Zimbabwe so considering that it was a bit silly really.

Knowing ZC, he will be spoken to and 'disciplined' (rightly or wrongly). But this is a test for this administration; will they have a quiet word with him and warm him not to do it again. OR will they go down the petty ZC-of-old route and drop him or publicly treat him like shit.

Hopefully they just have a word, and both parties can move forward and we will see him in the A series. His attitude and commitment generally is absolutely top rate so hopefully they aren't too bothered by this very very minor incident. But then again it's ZC....

Oh well, I live in hope!
No half decent player is going to remain in team under this Zim adminstraion.
There are several dozen 'half decent' players continuing to remain under this Zim administration. And a handful of fully decent players too. So, thats your point nullified already.

Yet more crazy soundbites and heresay from the resident forum Zimbabwe-hater/troll.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Trust ZC to fuck up a good feeelgood story
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

That said I think perhaps Burl was trying to say without saying it ‘look how bad we get treated, can’t even get shoes’. Until this ‘disciplone rumour came about how one noticed. Let’s hope it’s a quiet chat and not stupidity.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 5:29 pm

Puma has sponsored the Aussie team kits before I think. Or maybe I'm confusing it with Adidas. Anyways, I love Puma gear...best apparel gear out there IMO.
It was Adidas. They brought out the Green home kit. Wasn't a fan.
zimfan1 wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 6:05 pm
I'm hearing Burl may be hauled in front of the disciplinary committee for his tweet. No jokes!
Oh ffs. Really!! He did not even mention ZC or claim it to be ZC who have caused. You all still think Hammy is a messiah.

farhanhussan

Post by farhanhussan »

ZC is murdering cricket. It was nice story about burl..

Zim players need to take step and should bycot this ZC. Do it now, this will hve opportunity to get rid of ZC. But most players can't take this step. It will kill cricket in Zim for loong term.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Burl shouldn't have done this on a public forum, it doesn't reflect well on the organization that is true. Having said that, I think ZC can let him off with a warning, anything more than that will be harsh at this stage.

Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

farhanhussan wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 8:59 pm
secretzimbo wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 7:13 pm
Bit naive of him in the first place. He knows ZC and he knows Zimbabwe so considering that it was a bit silly really.

Knowing ZC, he will be spoken to and 'disciplined' (rightly or wrongly). But this is a test for this administration; will they have a quiet word with him and warm him not to do it again. OR will they go down the petty ZC-of-old route and drop him or publicly treat him like shit.

Hopefully they just have a word, and both parties can move forward and we will see him in the A series. His attitude and commitment generally is absolutely top rate so hopefully they aren't too bothered by this very very minor incident. But then again it's ZC....

Oh well, I live in hope!
Ohh come on. Zim cricket is already at its lowest. No half decent player is going to remain in team under this Zim adminstraion. He may get contract of franchise. Say bye bye to Zim cricket which can't survive any more with the depart of Taylor Williams and ervine.
ZC's existance will be in doubt after stars leave the game. The way T20 is spreading in associate nation, creating interest and dragging spectators to the field before COVID, ICC will no longer wait to reward those nations, as business matters. Recently tri nation T20I series in Nepal top the charts. Cricket in Canada & USA is gaining momentum. European T20 league also became popular. African cricket is also getting improved slowly with Namibia & Nigeria.ZC will struggle unless their approach changes, better administration takrs over.Zim is already out in Test Championship, now if they ends bottom in Super League, their Odi fixtures might also be in question. ICC's recent development policy in increasing number of teams in World Cup is big proof.
Last edited by Rajkumar Sharma on Mon May 24, 2021 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

Incompetent, Corrupt board should thank Puma and try to get sponsor for whole team then taking action against Burl.

Previously i use to think Zim board has poor financial condition, they requires help but after going through their corruption and looting history,belief changed completely.

Hammy who is the director of cricket is a big puppet of ZC, when all star players called strike and didnt feature in Zim series against Pak in 2018, the puppet was quick to get himself selected.

farhanhussan

Post by farhanhussan »

sam_ahm wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 4:19 am
Burl shouldn't have done this on a public forum, it doesn't reflect well on the organization that is true. Having said that, I think ZC can let him off with a warning, anything more than that will be harsh at this stage.
He should. Cricket is being killed in Zim. Players should withstand. ZC officals earning a lot but can't give money to players who r playing for them.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

farhanhussan wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 5:05 am
sam_ahm wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 4:19 am
He should. Cricket is being killed in Zim. Players should withstand. ZC officals earning a lot but can't give money to players who r playing for them.
We've seen enough of those player strikes and protests and all that haven't we? Did anything change?

ZC got dismissed, they were powerful enough to get themselves suspended and then got back onto power... So all these efforts are futile.

At least they are organizing more games, Zim A tours etc. So these kind of complaints can be taken up internally with the board rather than public shaming. That's just my view.

For example if I have a problem with the company I work for, I discuss it internally with my management, my HR etc... If I post something on a public platform then I get fired immediately. Holds good for any reputed organization in the world.