1st Unofficial Odi | Zimbabwe A V/s South Africa A | Harare

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Re: 1st Unofficial Odi | Zimbabwe A V/s South Africa A | Harare

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

Where is Brian Vitori. ? Is he still playing the game

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 3:16 am

That's an arrogant call.!!! He ranks 9th in test and 6th in odi, has been effective in sub continent conditions.
ICC rankings for players are useless. Mehidy Hasan is 2nd in the world, and while I like him, he ain't the 2nd best bowler in ODIs and he never was.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Rajkumar Sharma

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 6:30 am
Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 3:16 am

That's an arrogant call.!!! He ranks 9th in test and 6th in odi, has been effective in sub continent conditions.
ICC rankings for players are useless. Mehidy Hasan is 2nd in the world, and while I like him, he ain't the 2nd best bowler in ODIs and he never was.
Bangladesh pacers better then Rabada is huge call.Rabada has performed in every conditions and since begining he is among top pacers of the world. Performances got to be rewarded no matter how much people dislikes it, or how much funny it looks, even Rashid Khan was in top ranking as an allrounder. Mehidy has improved and worked on his action https://m.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/117 ... di-cricket

There are only few offies left in the game. Ravi Ashwin & Nathan Lyon among the best with Mehidy, Mooen Ali are among the growing stars as an off spinner.

Jemisi

Post by Jemisi »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 3:52 am
Looks like SA walked it in. Considering our total, probably should have done much better at defending it.

It's really nice to see the likes of Marumani and Myers do well in their discipline. This is what they need to do and to show their metal. Some of the senior guys need to ask questions of themselves. I think though, this series will definitely highlight some serious deficiencies in our set up and our team.

On a side note, out kit...horrible. Surely we can work a deal with Faith or Bata. They made such better kits.
Oh, it's awful isn't it? A sickly combo.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

I'm happy mufudza showed his quality. These tours are not about results but individual performances and improvement. The kids also showed up with the bat. I hope the next pitch isn't flat. We need to try all conditions. If we prepare flat pitches against Bangladesh we will lose.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Jemisi wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 7:16 am

Oh, it's awful isn't it? A sickly combo.
Honestly don't know who is approving these designs. Even our domestic stuff is shocking. In fact, all of our current kits across the board are a shocker.
TapsC2 wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 7:25 am
I'm happy mufudza showed his quality. These tours are not about results but individual performances and improvement. The kids also showed up with the bat. I hope the next pitch isn't flat. We need to try all conditions. If we prepare flat pitches against Bangladesh we will lose.
I beg to differ. These tours are just as important to win. It builds that winning mentality and it develops a player better. If you get used to losing or accepting certain loses, then you build a losing mentality and you become comfortable with losing.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

How did Chivanga look?

Rajkumar Sharma

If Bangladesh gets this type of tracks, their spinners going to chew away Zimbabwe. Only test is at queens, where spinners gets good assistance and Bangladesh will start high if the pitch is spin frirndly.

A huge chance for Zimbabwe to make impact in this series by preparing green, spin friendly tracks.Bangladesh biggest strength is spin their pacers have less venom and zero experience in bowling seam friendly pitches. Zim pacers will look differant if they get green, seam friendly pitch, they are tailor made to expose seaming condition and can make Zim win all the 3 series