Muzarabani selected to psl

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Muzarabani selected to psl

Post by secretzimbo »

TapsC2 wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:32 pm
secretzimbo wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:22 pm
lobsang wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:46 pm
I would go there to be a net-bowler to be honest, is there anything to really gain out of it? Yes indeed, in India there is these special obsessions that these owners or teams have to sign unknown Aussies or Kiwis commodities. Like they paid whopping 15 Cr. to Kyle Jameison by judging his exploits in test. He is never a limited-over bowler in my opinion, he is well-suited for the longer version. Blessing may get an opportunity if one of the foreign bowler gets injured but I would stay back and play the domestic T20 competition.
Two months of bowling to and being around some of the worlds better players, time with some good coaches, and putting his name out there and trying to impress to ensure he gets a deal next year, is all significantly more beneficial to the guy than 6 days of domestic T20 bowling to the likes of Chibhabha, Sauramba and Gumbie :lol:

And he'll be getting decent money too
Is it really better than some actual game time whenever it comes? If we are playing Afghanistan before the qualifiers I would say there is a lot more to learn in those games than net bowling in India. I guess the plus is he should be able to leave whenever we need him
He isn't missing anything important. Series with SA A and some games with Namibia, thats all. Gives us a chance to look at someone like Chivanga or Masuku or whoever whilst he's away as well. He'll come back a better T20 bowler, I'm sure.

lobsang

Post by lobsang »

secretzimbo wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:22 pm
lobsang wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:46 pm
I would go there to be a net-bowler to be honest, is there anything to really gain out of it? Yes indeed, in India there is these special obsessions that these owners or teams have to sign unknown Aussies or Kiwis commodities. Like they paid whopping 15 Cr. to Kyle Jameison by judging his exploits in test. He is never a limited-over bowler in my opinion, he is well-suited for the longer version. Blessing may get an opportunity if one of the foreign bowler gets injured but I would stay back and play the domestic T20 competition.
Two months of bowling to and being around some of the worlds better players, time with some good coaches, and putting his name out there and trying to impress to ensure he gets a deal next year, is all significantly more beneficial to the guy than 6 days of domestic T20 bowling to the likes of Chibhabha, Sauramba and Gumbie :lol:

And he'll be getting decent money too
I am not sure being a net-bowler, you will be given priorities as far as the improvement of your own game is concerned. Obviously there are upsides to it as well.

lobsang

Post by lobsang »

This may sound funny or outlandish to few but BM might have blown away his opportunity to play in the PSL coz we all know these two boards BCCI and PCB are always at each others throat. So for the sake of PCB's pride and ego that a bowler being used as a net-bowler in the IPL is not someone they would entertain to rope in to promote their brand "PSL". Ramiz Raja, the other day was even saying stupid and fanciful stuff like " PSL in the future would or should bring in the "auction model" from IPL to attract the best in the business so that someone big fellas may even forgo playing in the IPL for PSL". So Blessing might have his task cut out to show his worth in the next 8 to 10 months to even be considered for PSL opportunities.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Lobsang raises an interesting point. It can't be good for PSL's image even though everyone knows its a notch below the IPL.

Also I doubt there is much to gain apart from a paycheck by being a net bowler. Unless he's involved in the actual practice sessions. The coaches will be focused on the half dozen guys who are actually in the squad. There's only 3-4 days between games and everyone is intently focused on performance of the main team.

It's a good place for BM to say hey guys I exist and here's what I can do to see if he can get some interest in the draft next year.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

sam_ahm wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 4:52 am
CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 4:18 am
Woah! This is great news for Blessing! 3rd Zimbo in IPL after Taibu and Price, right? 4th if you count CdG as well.
I know Brendan was part of SRH mate, but never got a game.
Yeah, remember something on the lines of them picking him up in the auction and never calling him during the tournament to join them. Strange.

CrimsonAvenger

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

It is stupid on the franchises part to get net bowlers from another country. Should Blessing lose some national appearances to bowl in the IPL nets? Its a good thing we have no idea when we are playing an international next, but what if we had a major series coming up? In any case, if he is smart, he can use this to impress a few people. Hope that happens.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:39 am
It is stupid on the franchises part to get net bowlers from another country. Should Blessing lose some national appearances to bowl in the IPL nets? Its a good thing we have no idea when we are playing an international next, but what if we had a major series coming up? In any case, if he is smart, he can use this to impress a few people. Hope that happens.
If we had any major, meaningful fixtures in this window then I'm sure we would have stopped him from going. But all he's missing is some A games. I think it'll be good experience for him, and it puts him in the shop window. He'll be back in time for whenever this Afghanistan series happens in May/June.

That random Afghan bowler no one had ever heard of got picked up in the auction last month - he was a net bowler the season before.

CrimsonAvenger

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Yeah, its a good thing overall for him.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

I think net bowlers can leave for national duty anyways and are not like players who are getting millions and are bound by a contract.

Josh Little is also picked up as net bowler by some team, CSK I think.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

I laughed so hard when i just learnt that Donald Tiripano has nominated himself into the Hundred draft today alongside Blessing. That guy is certainly ambitious :lol: :lol: :lol:

Is Flower involved in this league lol? Always hope for Blessing when he's around!