Muzarabani selected to psl

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Muzarabani selected to psl

Post by secretzimbo »

lobsang wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:01 am
secretzimbo wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:34 am
It was on his story, as widely shared online. Either it has timed out or he has deleted it.
Lol it is very confusing. So no one here knows that he is playing or going to be used as a net-bowler by LSG?
Yeah no one seems to know.

I think he was signed as a net bowler several weeks ago and that has been long planned.

But now with Wood's withdrawal and Taskin's unavailability, there is some hope/rumour that they may have upgraded his contract and actually signed him properly. Idk. I guess we'll soon see. The other rumours are that they've signed Andrew Tye instead.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

He is a net bowler. I'm hoping at least this means he can leave anytime we need him

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Disappointing considering the rumours :(

But he'll still learn a huge amount and it puts him seriously in the frame for a deal next year.

Marshmallow

Post by Marshmallow »

lobsang wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:06 am
secretzimbo wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:53 am
lobsang wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:28 am
If it was a fake account why would Raza and Jonathan Campbell would send congratulary tweets to Blessing Muzarabani? Seems like you know Blessing more personally than Raza and JC to have the inside knowledge to declare it as fake account.
Blessing posted on his (real) Insta that the tweet was from a fake account.

Sounds like they had everyone fooled.
Lol I am following him on Instagram and there is nothing that I find is related to this issue. Just checked
It's updated in his instagram account but unfortunately it's deleted now. I took the screenshot of the post but unable to post in our forum.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Alright guys, Blessing is going as a net bowler, and they have signed Andrew Tye as a player.

Quite a stupid move because imo Blessing is better option than Tye, but then IPL franchises have an obsession with Aussie players, they will pick up even a club level bowler as long as he is an Aussie.

lobsang

Post by lobsang »

I would go there to be a net-bowler to be honest, is there anything to really gain out of it? Yes indeed, in India there is these special obsessions that these owners or teams have to sign unknown Aussies or Kiwis commodities. Like they paid whopping 15 Cr. to Kyle Jameison by judging his exploits in test. He is never a limited-over bowler in my opinion, he is well-suited for the longer version. Blessing may get an opportunity if one of the foreign bowler gets injured but I would stay back and play the domestic T20 competition.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

How much do they pay net bowlers? I'm guessing its around 20K since the cheapest domestic players probably 75K or so.

Not bad money for 2 months. Thats 10k a month and he probably won't have to bowl that many balls.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

lobsang wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:46 pm
I would go there to be a net-bowler to be honest, is there anything to really gain out of it? Yes indeed, in India there is these special obsessions that these owners or teams have to sign unknown Aussies or Kiwis commodities. Like they paid whopping 15 Cr. to Kyle Jameison by judging his exploits in test. He is never a limited-over bowler in my opinion, he is well-suited for the longer version. Blessing may get an opportunity if one of the foreign bowler gets injured but I would stay back and play the domestic T20 competition.
Two months of bowling to and being around some of the worlds better players, time with some good coaches, and putting his name out there and trying to impress to ensure he gets a deal next year, is all significantly more beneficial to the guy than 6 days of domestic T20 bowling to the likes of Chibhabha, Sauramba and Gumbie :lol:

And he'll be getting decent money too

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

secretzimbo wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:22 pm
lobsang wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:46 pm
Two months of bowling to and being around some of the worlds better players, time with some good coaches, and putting his name out there and trying to impress to ensure he gets a deal next year, is all significantly more beneficial to the guy than 6 days of domestic T20 bowling to the likes of Chibhabha, Sauramba and Gumbie :lol:

And he'll be getting decent money too
Is it really better than some actual game time whenever it comes? If we are playing Afghanistan before the qualifiers I would say there is a lot more to learn in those games than net bowling in India. I guess the plus is he should be able to leave whenever we need him