4th Unofficial Odi | Zimbabwe A V/s South Africa A | Harare

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
TapsC2

Re: 4th Unofficial Odi | Zimbabwe A V/s South Africa A | Harare

Post by TapsC2 »

Chivanga is quick but he probably needs another full season before he is ready for the limited overs stuff. Lets see how he does in the 4 day games. Easier to settle into a rhythm there.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

I've been pretty spot on with my South Africa selections haven't I :D De Zorzi getting a gig, Rickleton and Malan are three blokes I've been advocating for

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Ndlovu looks pretty much like left arm Mavuta. Lot of hit me balls.

zimlover
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by zimlover »

TapsC2 wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:16 am
Chivanga is quick but he probably needs another full season before he is ready for the limited overs stuff. Lets see how he does in the 4 day games. Easier to settle into a rhythm there.

I would like to see him play more First class and List A games or send him and a few other Seamers Ngarava,Nyauchi to a high performance centre in Australia,that’s something they have not done in a long time.

The last group to go was Chisoro,Chinouya and Madziva I think.

CholeZimbo
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by CholeZimbo »

Tired of Zim always bowling poorly in the last 10 overs

Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

zimlover wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:59 am
Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:42 am
zimlover wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:39 am

May be Ireland, Scots, Afghans or Netherlands

Pay particular attention to the word Challenge. I don’t if you have noticed that over the past few years we have no been able to put together a strong seam combination,the cabinet was almost empty before Jarvis returned.

Zimbabwe has never been a top cricket side, all we ever do is put on a fight even putting up a fight was starting to disappear from our reputation.

We might beat Bangladesh every now and then, that’s just as good as we will ever be.
Zimbabwe is still a good side. If proper brains in approach of the game & few changes in coaching is made, Zim could still avoid qualifiers and play 2023 WC directly, recent T20 win against Pakistan proved that.

What Zim needs to know first is which condition suits them spin friendly, slow tracks or seam & swing pitch with assistance to pacers.Nayuchi & Muzarabani can even upset strong sides if they get assistance from that Harare or Bulawayo track. Havent seen such a good seam position at the point of release from a Zim pacer most recently, after Jarvis & Vitori

In teams like Zimbabwe, coach & captain should be the member of selection panel and play a role in selection along with 2 selectors.Williams, Rajput & 2 selector should be given free hand to make selection and discuss all about performances

I am agreeing with you about the conditions,over the past few years we have prepared pitches to hide our low to non existent stock of fast bowlers /seamers.

We had a few part time spinners come through, Williams, Raza, Madhevere,Burl,Wellington, most of them have been bits and piece bowlers.

I don’t know if much will change about the coaching and selection panel but I think we have a ok Selection panel.

The selections we have seen have been based on what’s available.I don’t see anyone missing out who should be in the team who has performed.
[/quote]

Friend, you cant judge a talent by assumption. Nayuchi was looked to be a low quality fast bowler. How many of us would have thought that guy will pick 5 for on getting assistance in UAE track. How many would have thought Mavuta will pick 4/21 in Bangladesh, where overseas non asian wrist spinner havent had enough success.

Zimbabwe had got hidden talents which needs to be unearthed, instead of crying for those ex Zimbos, england bounds, who shows zero responsibility for Zim, they should took an initiative to look after such talents, groom them and oneday they will make this team at the top.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

The lineup for todays match feels somewhat underwhelming.

Also, is it just me or is anyone else still baffled that we entered in to a partnership with Zim tourism? In the middle of a pandemic?

CrimsonAvenger

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Playing 3 List A matches and not having a single wicket to show at the end of it is probably not how Chivanga would have loved his career to start, hope he can learn from this. Clearly has some gas.

foreignfield

Post by foreignfield »

Time to move on from Chari for sure now. Just not good enough at this level.

Tinah09

Post by Tinah09 »

Good God, how many chances does Chari get before hes confined to domestic cricket . I hope we see more and more "unfamiliar names" in Zimcricket team going forward. Enough with the tried and tested failures