4th Unofficial Odi | Zimbabwe A V/s South Africa A | Harare

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
tej_27

Re: 4th Unofficial Odi | Zimbabwe A V/s South Africa A | Harare

Post by tej_27 »

So it seems they have brought in madhevere today ..wish Myers was there ..would have loved to see marumani Myers madhevere and shumba playing together ..they are the next fab 4 after Taylor ervine williams raza

CholeZimbo
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by CholeZimbo »

In terms of accurate economical bowling Wellington is the best in the country

zimlover

Post by zimlover »

I wouldn’t mind seeing 4 seamers in the squad, the last time we had a good combination of seamers was when we had Chatara/Jarvis /Vitori/ Shingi Masakadza.

We can start preparing seam friendly conditions.

With Muzarabani/Nyauchi/ Ngarava/Chatara combination will be a handful in seaming conditions.

With Madhevere , Raza and williams offering Spin this would be good strategy.

We could easily challenge some sides with this combination

Marumani
Madhevere
Ervine
Taylor
Williams
Raza
Chakabva wk
Muzarabani
Chatara
Nyauchi
Ngarava

Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

zimlover wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:20 am
I wouldn’t mind seeing 4 seamers in the squad, the last time we had a good combination of seamers was when we had Chatara/Jarvis /Vitori/ Shingi Masakadza.

With Muzarabani/Nyauchi/ Ngarava/Chatara combination will be a handful in seaming conditions.

Marumani
Madhevere
Ervine
Taylor
Williams
Raza
Chakabva wk
Muzarabani
Chatara
Nyauchi
Ngarava
May be against Ireland, Scots or Netherlands but subcontinent side like Afghanistan can smash those spinners.
Last edited by Rajkumar Sharma on Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:35 am, edited 3 times in total.

CholeZimbo

Post by CholeZimbo »

zimlover wrote:

Marumani
Madhevere
Ervine
Taylor
Williams
Raza
Chakabva wk
Muzarabani
Chatara
Nyauchi
Ngarava
I agree with this team, cant have an average spinner in place of a top pacer. those 7 batsmen are enough for a good score.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:30 am
zimlover wrote:

Marumani
Madhevere
Ervine
Taylor
Williams
Raza
Chakabva wk
Muzarabani
Chatara
Nyauchi
Ngarava
May be Ireland, Scots, Afghans or Netherlands
Why do you follow Zimbabwe if you think we are that useless? I dont know if we need all this negative energy. A player cant even be injured without it being a conspiracy here these days

Rajkumar Sharma

TapsC2 wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:35 am
Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
zimlover wrote:

Marumani
Madhevere
Ervine
Taylor
Williams
Raza
Chakabva wk
Muzarabani
Chatara
Nyauchi
Ngarava
Why do you follow Zimbabwe if you think we are that useless? I dont know if we need all this negative energy. A player cant even be injured without it being a conspiracy here these days
Results are enough no need to develop negetive energy. Zimbabwe struggled against the associates & new test sides past few years, that even costed them CWC 2019
Last edited by Rajkumar Sharma on Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

zimlover

Post by zimlover »

Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
[quote=zimlover post_id=164458 time=<a href="tel:1622794831">1622794831</a> user_id=924]

Marumani
Madhevere
Ervine
Taylor
Williams
Raza
Chakabva wk
Muzarabani
Chatara
Nyauchi
Ngarava

Pay particular attention to the word Challenge. I don’t if you have noticed that over the past few years we have no been able to put together a strong seam combination,the cabinet was almost empty before Jarvis returned.

Zimbabwe has never been a top cricket side, all we ever do is put on a fight even putting up a fight was starting to disappear from our reputation.

We might beat Bangladesh every now and then, that’s just as good as we will ever be.
[/quote]

Rajkumar Sharma

zimlover wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:39 am
Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
[quote=zimlover post_id=164458 time=<a href="tel:1622794831">1622794831</a> user_id=924]

Marumani
Madhevere
Ervine
Taylor
Williams
Raza
Chakabva wk
Muzarabani
Chatara
Nyauchi
Ngarava

Pay particular attention to the word Challenge. I don’t if you have noticed that over the past few years we have no been able to put together a strong seam combination,the cabinet was almost empty before Jarvis returned.

Zimbabwe has never been a top cricket side, all we ever do is put on a fight even putting up a fight was starting to disappear from our reputation.

We might beat Bangladesh every now and then, that’s just as good as we will ever be.
[/quote]

Zimbabwe is still a good side. If proper brains in approach of the game & few changes in coaching is made, Zim could still avoid qualifiers and play 2023 WC directly, recent T20 win against Pakistan proved that.

What Zim needs to know first is which condition suits them spin friendly, slow tracks or seam & swing pitch with assistance to pacers.Nayuchi & Muzarabani can even upset strong sides if they get assistance from that Harare or Bulawayo track. Havent seen such a good seam position at the point of release from a Zim pacer most recently, after Jarvis & Vitori

In teams like Zimbabwe, coach & captain should be the member of selection panel and play a role in selection along with 2 selectors.Williams, Rajput & 2 selector should be given free hand to make selection and discuss all about performances

zimlover

Post by zimlover »

Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:42 am
zimlover wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:39 am
Rajkumar Sharma wrote:

Marumani
Madhevere
Ervine
Taylor
Williams
Raza
Chakabva wk
Muzarabani
Chatara
Nyauchi
Ngarava

Zimbabwe is still a good side. If proper brains in approach of the game & few changes in coaching is made, Zim could still avoid qualifiers and play 2023 WC directly, recent T20 win against Pakistan proved that.

What Zim needs to know first is which condition suits them spin friendly, slow tracks or seam & swing pitch with assistance to pacers.Nayuchi & Muzarabani can even upset strong sides if they get assistance from that Harare or Bulawayo track. Havent seen such a good seam position at the point of release from a Zim pacer most recently, after Jarvis & Vitori

In teams like Zimbabwe, coach & captain should be the member of selection panel and play a role in selection along with 2 selectors.Williams, Rajput & 2 selector should be given free hand to make selection and discuss all about performances
[/quote]

I am agreeing with you about the conditions,over the past few years we have prepared pitches to hide our low to non existent stock of fast bowlers /seamers.

We had a few part time spinners come through, Williams, Raza, Madhevere,Burl,Wellington, most of them have been bits and piece bowlers.

I don’t know if much will change about the coaching and selection panel but I think we have a ok Selection panel.

The selections we have seen have been based on what’s available.I don’t see anyone missing out who should be in the team who has performed.