First unofficial Test : ZimbabweA vs South africaA

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: First unofficial Test : ZimbabweA vs South africaA

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

zimdan wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:23 am
CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:40 am
We can keep harping about all the "history" of ZC and their handling of the players etc. But it is difficult to find much fault in general with them in the last few months. Despite the COVID situation, they have managed to arrange regular cricket - both domestically and for the national side, and now the A team matches (not to forget the women's fixtures as well). So, if one was available and interested, it is not difficult to feature in a series and get noticed and fast track themselves to A team selection / national selection - like Evans and Chipungu for example.

So, really, for Murray to not yet do that, he must either be occupied currently with other priorities, and for Evans to ignore the selection and go away would also have to be different priorities. ZC can't be blamed at this point for non-featuring of folks like Murray and Evans, surely.
Dont agree. No player in their right mind would move overseas to play club cricket rather than an A tour then leading into a full on test series against Bangladesh. Evans has likely moved because the money is better at club level overseas and his living conditions would be significantly better. You cant blame him really.

Dont doubt ZC are doing what they can to get cricket played, but even black cricketers are moving on. This tells you all you need to know.

Try living here. Its not easy.
Oh yes zimdan, just to make what I meant there clear - I'm not blaming the guys there for having a different priority at this point. Obviously it would have been a better offer irrespective of all the intent ZC showed - and good for him for the opportunity he has. Also, I get the overall situation in the country contributing to the decision as much as the cricketing decision.

So, yes, I agree with what you say, and all I meant there was that ZC has done enough of late to not be blamed in these cases. But yeah, it is the overall situation in Zim that needs fixing if we need to be realistic about retaining talent.