2nd Unofficial test: Zim A vs SA A

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sam_ahm

Re: 2nd Unofficial test: Zim A vs SA A

Post by sam_ahm »

So what's the update on this? Game is called off or are they awaiting a decision?

MGN

Post by MGN »

sam_ahm wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:38 am
So what's the update on this? Game is called off or are they awaiting a decision?
https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/ongo ... se-1266451

They are seeking permission from SRC to complete the ongoing A series.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

MGN wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:47 pm
sam_ahm wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:38 am
https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/ongo ... se-1266451

They are seeking permission from SRC to complete the ongoing A series.
OK mate, I hope they allow for the games to continue, esp the Bangladesh tour. Ireland series is anyhow an away tour so it should not run into problems hopefully.

Covid situation across the world has improved a lot, I hope we see the end soon. One good way is to vaccinate all the players for the games to continue.

jward
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jward »

Game abandoned. Permission finally came through to continue this afternoon, but of course that was too late for a meaningful continuation of the match. Just as I expected from the government!

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

For the calibre of professionals this SRC has, they are underperforming. A lot of senseless decisions. Why would they have called off a game being played in a bubble in the first place?

I first noticed their clumsy approach to everything when they got us suspended knowing what they were doing would lead to that exact outcome. Cricket has been the only sport that has run multiple bubbles without any issues. It didnt make sense at all

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

TapsC2 wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:28 am
For the calibre of professionals this SRC has, they are underperforming. A lot of senseless decisions. Why would they have called off a game being played in a bubble in the first place?

I first noticed their clumsy approach to everything when they got us suspended knowing what they were doing would lead to that exact outcome. Cricket has been the only sport that has run multiple bubbles without any issues. It didnt make sense at all
True, that's quite poor from the govt. The game should not have been stopped in the first place if it was played in a bio secure environment.

Very hopeful that the Bangladesh series will go ahead as planned.