2nd Unofficial test: Zim A vs SA A

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: 2nd Unofficial test: Zim A vs SA A

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

After a few initial overs of bowling hit me balls here and there, Chipungu seems to have settled in nicely. Impressive turn on day 1 pitch. But I'm more impressed with the pace he's bowling with. Ideal place to trouble the batsmen. Even Cremer was a bit too slow throughout his career. This guy is way ahead of Mavuta. We've reason to be excited!

And bowls a half tracker as I say all that! :)

Donald

Post by Donald »

Turn and bounce from chipungu.
Considering this is his third first class game he has equited himself very well.
Could have had a few more wickets

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Nyauchi was absolutely brilliant whenever I watched him today - the way he ran in, the energy, the areas he bowled, the pace and the movement - he must be in the starting XI against BD for sure, with Blessing.

Good effort with the ball for Madhevere. Hope this gives him the confidence to come good with the bat too.

Donald

Post by Donald »

Nyauchi has found the jimmy Anderson trick of getting the ball to move both ways.
I will say it again the set up of the south African captain was great. Two outswingers followed by a massive Inswinger that poleaxed him.
Now if only ngarava could do the same we have a serious test match bowling line up

CalZim
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by CalZim »

I was really impressed with Gumbie today with the gloves, looked really tidy.

I don’t think there is anything wrong with a number 9 keeper, it was common in the past. I prefer to have a solid keeper behind the sticks. If he can average 20+ then I’d be happy to give him a go. It was great to see a keeper with passion and ability with the gloves.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Very good effort by Zimbabwe today, impressive stuff.

CholeZimbo
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by CholeZimbo »

Looks like there is no play today. Could it be because of the New covid restrictions that have suspended all sporting activities?

Tinah09

Post by Tinah09 »

CholeZimbo wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:21 am
Looks like there is no play today. Could it be because of the New covid restrictions that have suspended all sporting activities?
Thanks for the update. Thats a shame, it was shaping up to be a good match. But safety first

CholeZimbo
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by CholeZimbo »

No. I think the gvt is useless. All Covid protocols were being observed all tour in a bio bubble. They cannot just halt things without applying thought especially during an on going international match. I hope they do not all of a sudden suspend the Bangladesh tour. Besides, this is a non contact sport played with 15 people on the field socially distanced with negative covid tests.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Pretty sad, I hope it doesn't impact the upcoming Bangladesh tour. Honestly shouldn't be a problem as long as it is played in a bio secure bubble which has pretty much become the norm now.

I've seen a lot in India guys, lost a few very close family members, so I won't say a thing, safety first, even if it means a short term compromise on sports and all, so be it, we won't get the lives back, sports can always resume.