Kyle Jarvis retired

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Marshmallow

Kyle Jarvis retired

Post by Marshmallow »

seamer Kyle Jarvis has decided to call time on his cricket career at the age of 32 after struggling with injury and illness🥺.
Wishing you the best in retirement

sam_ahm

Re: Kyle Jarvis retired

Post by sam_ahm »

Really sad this. He is only 32, could have easily played the next world cup had he been fit. Wishing Kyle the very best in life.

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

Probably the last contengent who carried the legacy of 90s bowling power of Zim.

Would love to see him as bowling coach in Zim.USA Cricket is targetting ex players with handsome amount in any role, to get every sort of experience from them in building their national team. Will he be there or not, time will tell.
Last edited by Rajkumar Sharma on Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Sad, really did wish he showed a bit more determination to get to the world cup. With his gentle style he should easily have been able to go a few more years.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Yvmnaidu
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by Yvmnaidu »

he started business..he want to put affort on that..he should available to zc to help youngsters..

tgk

Post by tgk »

Aw man that sucks. I believe he got malaria or dengue or something when he caught COVID and that really hit Jarv hard. Either way, his health is priority number 1. But man I'd have loved to see more of him bowling with Blessing, Nyauchi etc. Good luck for his future 💪

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

All the best Jarv. Easily one of our best fast bowlers. I remember in an ODI in 2009 against South Africa he was rushing Kallis for genuine pace. He clocked up to 92mph in that game, I can remember it as clear as anything.

I'm glad he's still keen to give back to ZC in some capacity. Heaven forbid he might actually be a contender to dislodge Dougie Hondo as the bowling coach. He certainly has better credentials.

End of an era. Losing Cremer and Jarv, two of my favourite Zim players

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Another one lost. Yet another Zimbabwean great who got no fitting farewell.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Gave Zim so much and never got the international reward he deserved. Sad that he never played in a World Cup too. Truly deserved more, and at 32, still had much more to give.

Health comes first though. He has already spoken about wanting to get in to coaching, so hopefully ZC jump at the chance and do it properly.