Does any international cricketer remind you of your favorite Zimbabwean cricketers?

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Does any international cricketer remind you of your favorite Zimbabwean cricketers?

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

I have always felt as though I'm watching Raymond Price whenever I have watched Keshav Maharaj. Of course, Maharaj is a bit too nice and doesn't give the steely stare to the batsmen as often as Price used to do, but still, I feel there are a lot of similarities. He just gets aggressive as soon as he has the ball in his hands and wants to prove a point every time he runs into bowl. Very focused and full of concentration throughout the over - just like how Price used to operate. While he doesn't go as overboard as an Imran Tahir with his celebration for his wickets, his passion flows on success, just like how Price enjoyed his wickets and celebrations.

Maharaj is a better fielder than Price for sure, and a more accomplished batsman, but their mindset seem to be the same when they stride out to bat as well. Putting a high price tag on their wicket and still enjoying a bit of hitting out - batting very much to the demands of the situation.

I just thought of posting this today because of Maharaj's success yesterday. He's been a breath of fresh air for SA in the spin department from day 1 after decades of carrying a lousy spinner to just hold one end up and improve over rates. Even his interview after the hat-trick - where he talks about how he enjoys with Keegan Peterson - reminds me very much of the Price - Mpofu bond and fun!

What are your thoughts and any such similar comparisons?

Kriterion_BD

Re: Does any international cricketer remind you of your favorite Zimbabwean cricketers?

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Was watching the ongoing Dhaka Premier League a few weeks ago and noticed for the first time that Mosaddek Hossain has the exact same "gait" as Brendon Taylor. At least when padded up. They both tend to "waddle" when they walk.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Zimco
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: Does any international cricketer remind you of your favorite Zimbabwean cricketers?

Post by Zimco »

Shakib reminds me of mark Vermeulen :lol: :lol: :lol:

CholeZimbo
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by CholeZimbo »

Zimco wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:48 am
:lol:

CrimsonAvenger

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Zimco wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:48 am
:D Vermeulen at 12 = Shakib at 34

CrimsonAvenger

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Any takers for Paul Collingwood as England's Guy Whittall? :)

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

vermeulen, and Carlisle, had strange 'amateur' stances, by that i mean they had very watxhful stances that lookeda bit disjointed, like they were focused players who hadnt played much cricket, they way they crouched looked very 'number 11' batsman.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

Ben Stokes reminds me of Neil Johnson

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

I don't think I miss any player more than I miss Ray.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

Ray Price is and always will be my favourite