Warm up Match

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimbos_05

Re: Warm up Match

Post by zimbos_05 »

sloandog wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:14 pm
This is what is turning me and other members away from the forum. Administrators, pay attention please
If the mods refuse to do their role or appoint more mods, those of us who want to stick to a more serious convo and group could always add a chat on a different platform.

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:14 am
sloandog wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:14 pm
This is what is turning me and other members away from the forum. Administrators, pay attention please
If the mods refuse to do their role or appoint more mods, those of us who want to stick to a more serious convo and group could always add a chat on a different platform.
I have put serious consideration into starting a Reddit sub on this.
However I’m too nostalgic and this place feels like home. For ten years I’ve had that buzz of following match threads when I’ve been late to the party as well as dealing with the usual gang here. I feel like it’s kind of like a family. Sometimes there’s love, sometimes there’s childish bickering, sometimes arguments and sometimes the guy you were arguing with yesterday is your best friend today.

But this doesn’t excuse the fact there’s only two admins since the ‘00s, which would be enough with the traffic if they were frequent visitors. But they aren’t,
One goes a year plus without visiting and the other shows up at test match time.
An Admin or a mod is meant to be a daily visitor. At least, an every-other-day visitor.
When I put my hand up, as someone who visits daily, multiple times, one a few who do from habit, it was met with:
A/ silence at first.
B/ a mocking joke thereafter.

That’s not on.

We have had instances of doxxing here. I know one member who was in actual fear for 24 hours straight because of something that happened here. It was dealt with, but who knows when it happens next? What will happen?
Especially those posting from Zim, a third world country with a track record of vindictive behaviour from those in charge of Cricket and politics from outspoken commentary online and live.
It could have real, serious consequences.

Maehara and BRM, I love you guys and I am appreciative you’ve kept it alive, but wake up to yourselves here!
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 7:56 am

I have put serious consideration into starting a Reddit sub on this.
However I’m too nostalgic and this place feels like home. For ten years I’ve had that buzz of following match threads when I’ve been late to the party as well as dealing with the usual gang here. I feel like it’s kind of like a family. Sometimes there’s love, sometimes there’s childish bickering, sometimes arguments and sometimes the guy you were arguing with yesterday is your best friend today.

But this doesn’t excuse the fact there’s only two admins since the ‘00s, which would be enough with the traffic if they were frequent visitors. But they aren’t,
One goes a year plus without visiting and the other shows up at test match time.
An Admin or a mod is meant to be a daily visitor. At least, an every-other-day visitor.
When I put my hand up, as someone who visits daily, multiple times, one a few who do from habit, it was met with:
A/ silence at first.
B/ a mocking joke thereafter.

That’s not on.

We have had instances of doxxing here. I know one member who was in actual fear for 24 hours straight because of something that happened here. It was dealt with, but who knows when it happens next? What will happen?
Especially those posting from Zim, a third world country with a track record of vindictive behaviour from those in charge of Cricket and politics from outspoken commentary online and live.
It could have real, serious consequences.

Maehara and BRM, I love you guys and I am appreciative you’ve kept it alive, but wake up to yourselves here!
I feel like Discord would be easier. It's very simple to create match day threads on there and follow the chat in a similar way to the forums.

I agree. The forum has that feeling of nostalgia. I still remember where I was when I signed up. In saying that, there has to be some level of care to what is going on, and at the moment it does not seem to be happening. I know that one of the guys is paying for this forum and the work that Maehara and BT have put into it is priceless. We owe them a lot for creating this forum and providing it for us, but there is a lot that people are getting away with, and some posters are creating an atmosphere that people do not want, which needs to be addressed.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

ZCF could move to Facebook. I'll offer to be an admin.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

zimlover
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by zimlover »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:03 am
Face book is the worst place, the forum will be over run by Trolls from India and Pakistan.

They will turn it into a circus.

I don’t mind the current settings here, every now and then we have a few racist post from the usual clowns.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

zimlover wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 2:14 am
Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:03 am
Face book is the worst place, the forum will be over run by Trolls from India and Pakistan.

They will turn it into a circus.

I don’t mind the current settings here, every now and then we have a few racist post from the usual clowns.
Yeah, terrible idea. Would just get hijacked by the trolls like most other ZC pages already have.