ZIM TEST SQUAD vs Bangladesh

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Re: ZIM TEST SQUAD vs Bangladesh

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

All depends on Harare track, Bangladesh last time toured in Zimbabwe 2013 for test matches, struggled against Shingi, Jarvis & Cremer.

Williams returning from injury & Shumba's part time spin will not look enough threatening for Bangladesh batsman.A leggie in form of Chipungu could be handy for Zim in test, the guy is among wickets since he is a wrist spinner could create the difference

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:17 am
zimbos_05 wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:49 pm
Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 3:37 am

Some or other day Wes & Marumani will definately feature in Test as they are prolific scorers in shorter formats and when they make debut it will be new to them. Experience doesn't matter when both performing that too against quality Proteas A side has definately made their confidence high.Since both are in good form, with high level of confidence Bangladesh would have been right opponent where they could have made debut.

Sometimes out of the box selection brings wonder in performance.
Good thing you're not the coach then. Wes would be burnt out if you were.

We agree they have talent, but stop forcing the kids to play every single damn match. Zim coaching is not up to the standard that would support their development if they did.
Terrible brain, you are suggesting a talent with age of 19 & 20 who can perform much better then others not to be selected.Talented Players with that age, fans of any national team would be pleading the team management to include them in Playing XI. Bangladesh in 2007 included 3 under 19s in Playing XI Tamim, Shakib, Musfiqur in their Test Squad. Afghan team which also doesnt gave good infrastructure, proper coaching set ups, are bringing their Under 19s Kids in national team who are performing and wining matches for their team.

Mentality should be of winning matches, a positive thinking is required. Zimbabwe tried alot with non pwrformers but the results has been only defeats. There should be performance based on which Zim could demand inclusion in World Test Championship.
nothing against the afghans but we dont know their ages for sure

Rajkumar Sharma

slcricfan1 wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:29 am
Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
zimbos_05 wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:49 pm

Good thing you're not the coach then. Wes would be burnt out if you were.

We agree they have talent, but stop forcing the kids to play every single damn match. Zim coaching is not up to the standard that would support their development if they did.
Terrible brain, you are suggesting a talent with age of 19 & 20 who can perform much better then others not to be selected.Talented Players with that age, fans of any national team would be pleading the team management to include them in Playing XI. Bangladesh in 2007 included 3 under 19s in Playing XI Tamim, Shakib, Musfiqur in their Test Squad. Afghan team which also doesnt gave good infrastructure, proper coaching set ups, are bringing their Under 19s Kids in national team who are performing and wining matches for their team.

Mentality should be of winning matches, a positive thinking is required. Zimbabwe tried alot with non pwrformers but the results has been only defeats. There should be performance based on which Zim could demand inclusion in World Test Championship.
nothing against the afghans but we dont know their ages for sure
Being a firm believer in current form, those 3 should feature in Playing XI no matter wheather they are too young, less experience etc. Performing against that high quality Proteas A & Pakistan in any format is alot to be included in Test against Bangladesh.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Rajkumar Sharma wrote:

No. I'm suggesting that his development needs to be better managed as opposed to throwing him into every single game and expecting him to perform miracles.

As has been pointed out before, you don't understand Zim cricket. So you do not understand the structures and coaching infrastructure that Zim has. We don't have the means and facilities of the other nations to be throwing a player like this into the throes of international cricket at every opportunity. Our coaches are not world class as other teams to help nurture his talent. If we keep playing him for every single game and he keeps misfiring, it will only damage his career and development.

Afghanis are based in the UAE. They have financial backing from India. They have world class players who can win them games so the pressure is not on the youngsters to do so, and therefore those younger players can develop better. You want a man who has played probably 3 First Class games to not only be selected, but you expect him to be the match winner and you want to put him in a side with a bunch other young players who don't have the domestic experience, nor the mental ability and technique to be at that level.

It's been said before, but you are too stubborn to view other peoples opinions and you insist on attacking everyone and everything purely because they have a different view. Next time you want to attack me by saying I have a terrible brain, consider your words.

CholeZimbo
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by CholeZimbo »

Yep, the young man needs to play shorter format cricket for the rest of this year. Hopefully get some runs and confidence back up after that disaster in the UAE. He will definitely be a modern day test opener but not now. I must say I was of a different opinion a few months ago, but he needs time to ease into test cricket. A few more Zim A tours will do him good. Important also is man management from the coaches. To not make him feel like he is being dropped, but rather protected because he is that important to the future of the team. This is why I am an advocate for ZC to make their squad announcements an event that has journalists to ask questions on behalf of the fans. Somehow it is done in the dark with no accountability. I wonder if the players dropped at least get a professional explanation. Maybe that is why when they play again, they are under so much pressure.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Madhevere has played 8 FC games with a high score of 44 and average of 16. He isnt ready

Rajkumar Sharma

zimbos_05 wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:03 am
Rajkumar Sharma wrote:

No. I'm suggesting that his development needs to be better managed as opposed to throwing him into every single game and expecting him to perform miracles.

As has been pointed out before, you don't understand Zim cricket. So you do not understand the structures and coaching infrastructure that Zim has. We don't have the means and facilities of the other nations to be throwing a player like this into the throes of international cricket at every opportunity. Our coaches are not world class as other teams to help nurture his talent. If we keep playing him for every single game and he keeps misfiring, it will only damage his career and development.

Afghanis are based in the UAE. They have financial backing from India. They have world class players who can win them games so the pressure is not on the youngsters to do so, and therefore those younger players can develop better. You want a man who has played probably 3 First Class games to not only be selected, but you expect him to be the match winner and you want to put him in a side with a bunch other young players who don't have the domestic experience, nor the mental ability and technique to be at that level.

It's been said before, but you are too stubborn to view other peoples opinions and you insist on attacking everyone and everything purely because they have a different view. Next time you want to attack me by saying I have a terrible brain, consider your words.
Get your facts right BCCI is not helping Afghanistan in their coaching or game infrastructure or any other internal matters, they wanted to feature in domestic cricket of India, which BCCI rejected. BCCI is helping them in building a stadiums in Kandahar, till then they will play non Pakistan Games in Dehradun.

You are the only one who started attacking when i drew names of Marumani, Wes & Myers representing in Test. Views might be differant and remember Zimbabwe earlier included players like Roche in Odis, Mudzinganyama, Tshuma with very less fast class experience but was selected based on current form. So dont drag experience factor in every matter where team was seen reluctant to give debuts to non experienced players earlier times. For Mudzinganyama, Tshuma present form mattered for handing over debuts for Marumani, Wes, Myers its not, Double Standard View.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:43 am

Get your facts right BCCI is not helping Afghanistan in their coaching or game infrastructure or any other internal matters, they wanted to feature in domestic cricket of India, which BCCI rejected. BCCI is helping them in building a stadiums in Kandahar, till then they will play non Pakistan Games in Dehradun.

You are the only one who started attacking when i drew names of Marumani, Wes & Myers representing in Test. Views might be differant and remember Zimbabwe earlier included players like Roche in Odis, Mudzinganyama, Tshuma with very less fast class experience but was selected based on current form. So dont drag experience factor in every matter where team was seen reluctant to give debuts to non experienced players earlier times. For Mudzinganyama, Tshuma present form mattered for handing over debuts for Marumani, Wes, Myers its not, Double Standard View.
Come at me.

https://thediplomat.com/2018/06/afghani ... diplomacy/

The BCCI has also pledged to assist junior teams from Afghanistan to play in India, as well as provide assistance for the improvement of coaching, umpiring, and other technical support roles

I never said BCCI was involved in internal matters. Do not put words in my mouth. I said they have financial backing from India.

I never attacked. I made a statement about the squad and you responded to me. So I was entitled to respond to you. You are the one who said I have a terrible brain.

Roche, Mudzinganyama and Tshuma were not selected on form. They were selected because half the players were in a dispute with ZC board over unpaid wages and other issues, so Zim had to pick whoever was available otherwise they would not have been.

I did not drag experience factor into my reasoning. I dragged structured development as my reason. If you want to pick players on form, then Wes should not be picked for test side because his form does not warrant it. Marumani has played 3 FC matches and averages 15. That is not test match form. These players are good, but they are not yet good enough to be selected in every single game and demanded to perform in the way you are asking of them.

Rajkumar Sharma

zimbos_05 wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 4:13 pm
Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:43 am

Come at me.

https://thediplomat.com/2018/06/afghani ... diplomacy/
The BCCI has also pledged to assist junior teams from Afghanistan to play in India, as well as provide assistance for the improvement of coaching, umpiring, and other technical support roles
I never said BCCI was involved in internal matters. Do not put words in my mouth. I said they have financial backing from India.

I never attacked. I made a statement about the squad and you responded to me. So I was entitled to respond to you. You are the one who said I have a terrible brain.

Roche, Mudzinganyama and Tshuma were not selected on form. They were selected because half the players were in a dispute with ZC board over unpaid wages and other issues, so Zim had to pick whoever was available otherwise they would not have been.

I did not drag experience factor into my reasoning. I dragged structured development as my reason. If you want to pick players on form, then Wes should not be picked for test side because his form does not warrant it. Marumani has played 3 FC matches and averages 15. That is not test match form. These players are good, but they are not yet good enough to be selected in every single game and demanded to perform in the way you are asking of them.
Well when Roche was selected players went for strike, but when inexperienced Mudzinganyama was picked, Zim had services of all seniors https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/sri ... -scorecard and when inexperienced Tshuma played Zim also played with senior players https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/zim ... -scorecard

So you can't say that Zim doesn't gave debuts to young players based on current form not on experience grounds on playing less first class matches.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 4:19 pm

Well when Roche was selected players went for strike when inexperienced
What does this even mean?
Rajkumar Sharma wrote:

Mudzinganyama was picked, Zim had services of all seniors https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/sri ... -scorecard and
Miudzinganyama was not selected to play. He was selected to be part of the squad possibly as a learning experience. He only played due to a concussion injury to Kasuza. He has never been picked since.
Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
when inexperienced Tshuma played Zim was also played with senior players https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/zim ... -scorecard
Tshuma is a bowler. He would have been selected because Jarvis, Chatara, Ngarava would not have been available. When you have players out with injury or other reasons, then you have to select your 5th or 6th choice bowler. Again, he has never played another test. Plus, Ervine, Taylor and Raza were the only proper experienced guys in this side.
Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
So you can't say that Zim doesn't gave debuts to young players based on current form not on experience grounds on playing less first class matches.
I never said Zim has never given caps to players who don't deserve it. Just because a guy got a game once, does not mean everyone must get game. Wes is currently a white ball players and rushing him into the red back game and forcing him to perform is not the right strategy. Simple. Get over it. He hasn't been picked. The right call has been made. Move on and stop getting upset with everyone and everything.