Practice Match : Zimbabwe XI V/s Bangladesh XI, Harare

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Practice Match : Zimbabwe XI V/s Bangladesh XI, Harare

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

CholeZimbo
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Re: Practice Match : Zimbabwe XI V/s Bangladesh XI, Harare

Post by CholeZimbo »

Donald

Post by Donald »

Clever move by zim to play tshuma and chivanga. Two bowlers who bowl pretty gun barrel straight with not much in way of swing. Lull them into a false sense of security for test matches. If they play nyauchi ngarava blessing deffo some movement there particularly nyauchi who seems to have mastered ability to swing both ways.

Yvmnaidu

Post by Yvmnaidu »

Brighton chipangu should also play today

zimlover

Post by zimlover »

The concern for me is non of our seamers/ fast bowlers can penetrate this Bangladesh team. I am starting to think this has nothing to do with the pitches as we thought all along.

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

zimlover wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:51 am
The concern for me is non of our seamers/ fast bowlers can penetrate this Bangladesh team. I am starting to think this has nothing to do with the pitches as we thought all along.
the boys have been very economical though especially tshuma

Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

Economical spells in test cricket doesnt matter at all, its the wicket column that matters. Bowling side with picking 20 wickets ability will win the game. These Zim pacers along with Blessing, Nayuchi, Chatara could be active and trouble Bangladeshi batsmans if the curators gives some life to the pitch. If they doesnt get swing or seam, there is 0% chance for Zim to make any impact, as any kind of pitch gets detoriated on4th & 5th day, Bangladesh have quality spinners to take that advantage and finish the game. Cricinfo are mentioning retired out as wickets looks hilarious

So, far Harare track looked flat, batsman friendly, it will help Bangladesh spinners.Would love to Chipungu performing and make his name for selection.

Tinah09

Post by Tinah09 »

slcricfan1 wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:48 am
zimlover wrote:
Good economy is a valuable metric in limited overs cricket. Wickets in the bag are what wins test matches. Without wicket taking bowlers, the best you can hope for is a draw

Donald

Post by Donald »

I the Zimbabwe think tank believe flat pitches are the way to go in the test series then they might as well give the trophy to Bangladesh now.
Shakib and Tamin and the like will get Bangladesh to 500 plus.
Bangladesh are used to flat pitches. What we need is a bit of spice in the pitch with a hint of grass. Bring nyauchi swing and ngarava/blessing pace and bounce into the game.
I can almost understand with Pakistan with their pace battery but Bangladesh and Zimbabwe pace attacks are very even with zimbabwe having a slight edge.

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

Tinah09 wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:47 pm
slcricfan1 wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:48 am
zimlover wrote:
Good economy is a valuable metric in limited overs cricket. Wickets in the bag are what wins test matches. Without wicket taking bowlers, the best you can hope for is a draw
Yeah I know but I was expecting a run rate over 4, at least they showed some level of control at the start