Practice Match : Zimbabwe XI V/s Bangladesh XI, Harare

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Re: Practice Match : Zimbabwe XI V/s Bangladesh XI, Harare

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

slcricfan1 wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:26 pm
Tinah09 wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:47 pm
slcricfan1 wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:48 am

the boys have been very economical though especially tshuma
Good economy is a valuable metric in limited overs cricket. Wickets in the bag are what wins test matches. Without wicket taking bowlers, the best you can hope for is a draw
Yeah I know but I was expecting a run rate over 4, at least they showed some level of control at the start
Over 4 in longest format is too much expectation.

zimbofan88

Post by zimbofan88 »

Pleased to see Maruma not get a ton. Even 70-80 from him could have directly led him to Test XI. Not convinced with Kaia either. Not sure why they didnt select Musakanda, maybe he got injured. Out batting looks thin again at the top and lower order.
I would play all Myers, Shumba and Wesley at the lower order and have them bowl long overs. No Chisoro or any frontlinr spinner..3 fast bowlers could be anyone as they are all good but wouldn’t play DT.

Yvmnaidu
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by Yvmnaidu »

maruma
kasuza
ervine
Taylor
Myers
Williams
chakabva
shumba
blessing
ngrava
nyauchi

Donald

Post by Donald »

Shock horror but Maruma has 8 first class hundreds and a good average in logan Cup considering he spent years as a front line spinner and a lower order batsmen.

He has been hampered a bit by the Fab four but if you play 8 batsmen then Maruma should be in there.
He looked good today and has earnt his chance after lots of good logan Cup matches

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

The truth is Maruma is not that bad. He absolutely dominates some of the domestic games and he is a clean hitter on his day. It just never worked out on the big stage and for me he is just too old to still be trying to crack the team.

I wouldn't be surprised if he gets picked after this 50 although Kaia might play instead because he is a part time bowler. No Raza means no offspin if Kaia doesnt play

zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by zimfan1 »

Can't see how we can play 8 batsman this time without Raza.

Jongwe's batting is not up to a number 6. If Reggie opens with Kasuza we can play an extra middle order batsman.

I think Blessing, Ngarvara, Chatara and Chisoro are pretty much set in stone.

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

I personally would open with Reggie and play Maruma and Shumba at 6 and 7.

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

TapsC2 wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:50 pm
The truth is Maruma is not that bad. He absolutely dominates some of the domestic games and he is a clean hitter on his day. It just never worked out on the big stage and for me he is just too old to still be trying to crack the team.

I wouldn't be surprised if he gets picked after this 50 although Kaia might play instead because he is a part time bowler. No Raza means no offspin if Kaia doesnt play
I agree, watching him bat on the live streams have shown that he is the best domestic batsman outside the fab 4. One could argue that he never got a fair crack but he also didn't take the chances presented to him.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

TapsC2 wrote:
No Raza means no offspin if Kaia doesnt play
If this is the case Kaia is set. Bangladesh have AT LEAST 3 lefties in the top 4, and 4 in the top 6. That number goes up if Shadman opens instead of the incumbent Saif. But Saif may continue given he scored a fifty while Shadman scored a 30 ball duck.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

TapsC2 wrote:

He’s in that musakamda class where you’re too good for the filth dished up domestically but nowhere near international standards.
There’s a huge chasm between these leagues so it’s hardly his fault.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*