Bangladesh vs Zimbabwe | Only Test | Harare | 2021

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Kriterion_BD

Bangladesh vs Zimbabwe | Only Test | Harare | 2021

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Both teams look to be near full strength. This will be Bangladesh's first tour to Zimbabwe in over 8 years. Although not part of the WTC, this series still has much meaning given the context of the long standing rivalry between these two sides. Bangladesh will feel they need to win if only to keep serious questions about their Test credentials at bay. Similarly, Zimbabwe will feel a win here will highlight their case for WTC inclusion.

Best lineup from the squads chosen:

BD: Tamim, Shadman, Shanto, Mominul, Mushfiq, Shakib, Nurul (WK), Miraz, Shoriful, Ebadat, Jayed

ZIM: Kasuza, Chakabva, C Ervine, B Taylor, S Williams, D Myers, M Shumba, Chisoro, Blessing, Ngarava, Nyauchi
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Re: Bangladesh vs Zimbabwe | Only Test | Harare | 2021

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 1:00 am
Both teams look to be near full strength. This will be Bangladesh's first tour to Zimbabwe in over 8 years. Although not part of the WTC, this series still has much meaning given the context of the long standing rivalry between these two sides. Bangladesh will feel they need to win if only to keep serious questions about their Test credentials at bay. Similarly, Zimbabwe will feel a win here will highlight their case for WTC inclusion.

Best lineup from the squads chosen:

BD: Tamim, Shadman, Shanto, Mominul, Mushfiq, Shakib, Nurul (WK), Miraz, Shoriful, Ebadat, Jayed

ZIM: Kasuza, Chakabva, C Ervine, B Taylor, S Williams, D Myers, M Shumba, Chisoro, Blessing, Ngarava, Nyauchi
3 pacers in the slow & flat deck of Harare is too much. Shoriful & Ebadat / Jayed should play. Taijul should find a spot in Playing XI. Spinners will get more help then Pacers.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Looking forward to this. Such a shame that it's just a one off test but nonetheless an important one for Zimbabwe.

Rajkumar Sharma

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

Harare Curator Give this type of track to Sub Continent team and new ball to Nayuchi - Blessing. Sit & Enjoy the fun
Attachments
IMG_20210704_111936.jpg
IMG_20210704_111936.jpg (143.17 KiB) Viewed 2660 times

Donald

Post by Donald »

Bangladesh seamers look lively. I've been impressed. They also look like they serve up a few hit me balls every so often.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Donald wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:26 am
Bangladesh seamers look lively. I've been impressed. They also look like they serve up a few hit me balls every so often.
I assume "lively" means quick, lol.

Pace is no longer an issue with Bangladeshi seamers. They can all pretty much reach 140 kph. They're also reasonably built as well. The problem is in chronic underutilization with the end result being that while they have all the raw ingredients (pace, height, aggression), they ultimately lack the most important thing of all which is skill.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

CalZim

Post by CalZim »

Big game coming up, I’m really looking forward to it.

My XI for the match, presuming the pitch is going to be slow/flat as normal.

Kasuza
Kaia
Myers
Ervine
Williams (C)
Taylor
Chakabva (wk)
Wellington
Muzarabani
Nyauchi
Chatara

Not sure who will open with Kasuza, don’t really want to see maruma in the XI. Myers deserves a chance due to recent form. The obvious middle order which will probably be in everyone’s XI.

Chakabva with the gloves, although I’m really impressed with gumbies glove work, it’s a shame he is not great with the bat.

Wellington in as the spinner, although to be honest I’m not sure we need one with the amount of allrounders in the squad, could be replaced with shumba.

Then blessing victor and tendai running the seam attack, to me that is the best 3 we have, ngrava is alright though just doesn’t fit in the XI.

Let’s make it a good one! Shame it’s only a one off test.

Cal

Jemisi

Post by Jemisi »

If they're sticking Regis with kasuza at the top,, I'd go Ervine, Taylor, Williams, Myers, Shumba. If he wasn't injured, I would have Burl at 8, but I guess the Don, then Blessing, chatara, Ngarava. If they have a real dry wicket, then I guess chisoro instead of chatara

Donald

Post by Donald »

Myers can probably do a tiripano type role of picking up a wicket here and there too. With added batting kudos. Ideal time to blood him really

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

So Myers is committing now?
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.