Bangladesh vs Zimbabwe | Only Test | Harare | 2021

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
slcricfan1

Re: Bangladesh vs Zimbabwe | Only Test | Harare | 2021

Post by slcricfan1 »

sloandog wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:35 pm
Tari will come good. He's got stupid amounts of talent and just needs to get off the mark in test cricket. Don't write him off yet. Ryan Burl looks like he's going to be used more as a LOI player coming down the order and bowling his leg spinners. And that's fine, there's value in that, I just think he's wasted coming in so low because he can really bat.

There's a lad apparently in the next under 19's batch (not Bawa) who is as good as Wesley? Was speaking speaking a bloke on the ground and said he's unreal. How do we churn out players like this when we hardly play and school cricket now days?
who`s better myers or wes?

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

slcricfan1 wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:39 pm
Hard to say. Probably equal amounts of talent with the bat, but then Wes probably more potential as a bowler too. Wes was actually more of a bowler when he was younger, his batting at a really excellent level developed relatively recently.

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

secretzimbo wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:42 pm
slcricfan1 wrote:
Hard to say. Probably equal amounts of talent with the bat, but then Wes probably more potential as a bowler too. Wes was actually more of a bowler when he was younger, his batting at a really excellent level developed relatively recently.
ik he did really well opening at u19s but struggled to convert 50s

ZIMFAN

Post by ZIMFAN »

secretzimbo wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:27 pm
The other thing worth mentioning is that Jongwe actually has a better career batting average than Tiripano anyway. Is a better bowler. And is 7 years younger.

I really like DT too and he did really well today but we can't be sentimental in selections.
I get that I really do. I suppose maybe a better question is are any of our seamers good enough to be part of an attack for give us 20 wickets? Who can go with Blessing and get those runs like Don can? You are correct that Jongwe deserves a shot.
Last edited by ZIMFAN on Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

sloandog wrote:
There's a lad apparently in the next under 19's batch (not Bawa) who is as good as Wesley? Was speaking speaking a bloke on the ground and said he's unreal. How do we churn out players like this when we hardly play and school cricket now days?
I don't think theres anyone even close to Bawa's potential in the next batch. I think he has the ability to be better than any of the current emerging 4 (Wes, Shumba, Myers, Marumani). There's plenty of other good talents though - Nick Welch's younger brother, the Bennett's, Steven Saul a wicketkeeper bat. Couple of good Asian kids as usual as well but they never seem to make it into the setup as easily as black or white kids for whatever reasons. Mataranyika & Chirwa are good bowlers to look out for. Tashinga Makoni with the bat another one.

Marshmallow

Post by Marshmallow »

secretzimbo wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:54 pm
sloandog wrote:
I don't think theres anyone even close to Bawa's potential in the next batch. I think he has the ability to be better than any of the current emerging 4 (Wes, Shumba, Myers, Marumani). There's plenty of other good talents though - Nick Welch's younger brother, the Bennett's, Steven Saul a wicketkeeper bat. Couple of good Asian kids as usual as well but they never seem to make it into the setup as easily as black or white kids for whatever reasons. Mataranyika & Chirwa are good bowlers to look out for. Tashinga Makoni with the bat another one.
Is welch brother stays here after the wc campaign? Or just trying to get opportunity in abroad from u19 fame.

Donald

Post by Donald »

Oh my gosh funniest thing ever when taskin bowls to muzarabani today. Blessing hits him for four and does his very own gangly tick tock dance 😂😂😂😂😂😂.

Can't wait for the one day series

CholeZimbo
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by CholeZimbo »

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Yvmnaidu wrote:
brainbennet & davidbennet better players in u19
Is there one post where you don’t fuck up a persons name?
At least Robot is a troll you’re just low effort lazy.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*