Bangladesh vs Zimbabwe | Only Test | Harare | 2021

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Bangladesh vs Zimbabwe | Only Test | Harare | 2021

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

slcricfan1 wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:39 pm
sloandog wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:35 pm
Tari will come good. He's got stupid amounts of talent and just needs to get off the mark in test cricket. Don't write him off yet. Ryan Burl looks like he's going to be used more as a LOI player coming down the order and bowling his leg spinners. And that's fine, there's value in that, I just think he's wasted coming in so low because he can really bat.

There's a lad apparently in the next under 19's batch (not Bawa) who is as good as Wesley? Was speaking speaking a bloke on the ground and said he's unreal. How do we churn out players like this when we hardly play and school cricket now days?
who`s better myers or wes?
Myers considered the better talent in juniors.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Flurzt
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by Flurzt »

loss is to be blamed on the non selection of an inform domestic fc bowler. AKA Tendai Chatara

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Saw somewhere that Kaia has 4 ducks in 6 innings. That's really bad

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

It is a bit hard to compete in test cricket when your middle order has two guys picking up two ducks. Maruma and Kaia should never be anywhere near the test side again.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

I hope its just someone stirring bullshit but all the rumours in Zim tonight are that Chibhabha is in the ODI squad lol. If he's captain as well then I really really do give up. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Donald

Post by Donald »

secretzimbo wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 6:47 pm
I hope its just someone stirring bullshit but all the rumours in Zim tonight are that Chibhabha is in the ODI squad lol. If he's captain as well then I really really do give up. :lol: :lol: :lol:
If it's a bloated squad of 20 I expect he will be. He isn't worthy of a place in the final eleven though.

Hope we see marumani myers and madhevere in the squad along with the returning Williams and ervine.

Any updates on burl and raza?

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Chibhabha can be the captain if he agrees not to play, how is that for a deal?
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:10 am
Now that this match is a foregone conclusion, I can ask a question that was bothering me from the beginning of this match. Why on earth did BD pick Ebadot? This match has taken his bowling average to 100+!!! I've only followed his game in some Zim encounters and he is nothing special. But surely, if there was ever a Maruma-esque selection in another team, it must be this? At least Zim was forced to select Maruma in this match because there was no other half-decent batsman available. But why Ebadot?
Most BD fans will agree with you about Ebadat. 2 matches ago Taskin averaged 90+ also. But he's been persisted with and showed how important that is. Helps to have some luck along the way as well. But I'd like to see him get a good run. He was picked for much the same reason as ZIM picked Blessing.

Ebadat is the quickest bowler in BD and on a dead track Taskin showed that pure pace + a hint of reverse can do the damage. Once the pitch eased up after lunch on Day 1, Blessing and Ngarava became wholly unthreatening just like Ebadat. For Ebadat and Taskin it was a bad toss to win hehe.

Evadat bowled well enough on a seaming wicket in Kolkata and bowled a few jaffas. All the BD seamers need more overs and workload.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Donald

Post by Donald »

What is worrying is that in the last south Africa A four day match blinky chipungu and madhevere looked the real deal and were causing south Africa no end of problems.
Kaia and shumba looked toothless. Admittedly shumba is a very bright batting prospect

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Flurzt wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:03 pm
loss is to be blamed on the non selection of an inform domestic fc bowler. AKA Tendai Chatara
Nigga please
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*