Dane schadendorf

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Marshmallow

Dane schadendorf

Post by Marshmallow »

Dane schadendorf made his debut for his team Nottinghamshire cc against Derbyshire cc

BostonZimbo
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: Dane schadendorf

Post by BostonZimbo »

I've been waiting for this day ever since I saw the news of him signing. He looks really good just hope he wants to play for Zim. On a sidenote I swear his brother mentioned his dream was to come back and play for Zim? Any word on that?

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/roy ... -scorecard

He did pretty well yesterday in a position Zimbabwe has struggled to fill

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

The kid is a few days shy of his 19th birthday. What an achievement. This last batch of u19s on paper will go down as our best. They seriously underperformed. To think they could have had Muyeye as well.

I don't mind seeing this at all. Let the likes of Dane, Welch and Byrom develop in England but just not be good enough to play for England. 2023 is the most important year in our history. If we dont convince at least 2 of these guys to come back we are finished.

I also wanted to ask anybody in the loop how has Brexit affected the Irish and Dutch players? Do they still count as locals on the county circuit ? This for me is the biggest threat to our success and if they do we would be seriously handicapped. As far as I know Dane and Byrom have European passports

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

TapsC2 wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:45 am
The kid is a few days shy of his 19th birthday. What an achievement. This last batch of u19s on paper will go down as our best. They seriously underperformed. To think they could have had Muyeye as well.

I don't mind seeing this at all. Let the likes of Dane, Welch and Byrom develop in England but just not be good enough to play for England. 2023 is the most important year in our history. If we dont convince at least 2 of these guys to come back we are finished.

I also wanted to ask anybody in the loop how has Brexit affected the Irish and Dutch players? Do they still count as locals on the county circuit ? This for me is the biggest threat to our success and if they do we would be seriously handicapped. As far as I know Dane and Byrom have European passports
'

schandendorf is on a 2 year deal right now. Surely we can get him back right after.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

It very much depends if he performs. Byrom was on a development contract with Somerset for a couple of years and was then given an extension in 2018 I think it was? He hardly played any 2's games in his initial development contract but clearly showed something to the club to have his extension. I think Dane, due to his age, will get more opportunities in the county circuit. He's a seriously good wicket keeper and to be honest, tends to fly under our radar here on the forum. We speak about Murray, Welch, Matigmu etc, but this lad could be a brilliant addition going forward

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

If he's clean behind the stumps he can slot in anytime

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

it really all comes down to maths, security and opportunities.

your asking kids to choose between a easy gig in a modern country with frequent cricket vs infrequent cricket, to represent their country in their homeland, a third world country.

alot of variables there,
but if ZC cough up bigger dollars i dont see why not.

remember these kids can walk into the ZC setup, but if they ditch county, thats likely the end of it there.

but with trust, sponsorship and money management then all these guys can be looked after.

Zim will always bubble along if the national team are doing well, very top heavy with a weak franchise system, but so be it if our best players are at the top.

lets cull logan cup to three teams, and the deadwood, push Chibhabha types down to the club level where they belong, and reinvest money to these kids.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:38 am
it really all comes down to maths, security and opportunities.

your asking kids to choose between a easy gig in a modern country with frequent cricket vs infrequent cricket, to represent their country in their homeland, a third world country.

alot of variables there,
but if ZC cough up bigger dollars i dont see why not.

remember these kids can walk into the ZC setup, but if they ditch county, thats likely the end of it there.

but with trust, sponsorship and money management then all these guys can be looked after.

Zim will always bubble along if the national team are doing well, very top heavy with a weak franchise system, but so be it if our best players are at the top.

lets cull logan cup to three teams, and the deadwood, push Chibhabha types down to the club level where they belong, and reinvest money to these kids.
surely cricket has become more stable in Zimbabwe within the last couple years. Doesnt seem to be as many disputes and the rest of that u19 cohort has transitioned into the team pretty nicely

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Yet again cricket is so antiquated. The Zimbabwe football team doesn't only select Zimbabwean-based players, why must the cricket team do so? Why can't cricket be like football where players can play domestically anywhere without it affecting their national team status?
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes