One dayers batting line up

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
lobsang

Re: One dayers batting line up

Post by lobsang »

TapsC2 wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:47 pm
Marumani
BT
Ervine
Williams
Regis(wk)
Raza/Myers
Wes
Jongwe
Blessing
Ngarava
Chatara

Myers loses out for me in the first game if Raza is fit and BT has given up on the gloves. Regis has to play at 5 for me if he is in the team. He can be useful there.

The other option would be to drop Ngarava and add Myers. Ngarava might not be that effective in ODIs against Bangladesh specifically.
Ffs why would you leave out Myers? He, in my opinion, is going to be greater than Madhevere in the future. This kid can not only bat but he can hit them out of the park with ease plus he could chip in with few useful overs. Chakabva should never be in that ODI side, what has he done up to now in ODI to earn a place? Zimbabwe should groom Marumani into a wicket-keeping batsmen and now is the time to do so. Yes he was awful with the gloves against Pakistan but at such a young age, he will definitely learn the art of keeping quickly. Regarding the batting line-up, I would promote BT to open with Marumani since he is not going to keep according to someone of you.

1) Brendan Taylor
2) T. Marumani ( WK)
3) C. Ervine
4) S. Williams
5) W. Madhevere
6) D. Myers
7) S. Raza
8) R. Burl ( Jongwe if Burl isn't available)
9) B. Muzarabani
10) T. Chatara
11) R. Ngarava

8 bowling options and depth in batting with this line-up

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

lobsang wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:26 am
TapsC2 wrote:
Marumani
BT
Ervine
Williams
Regis(wk)
Raza/Myers
Wes
Jongwe
Blessing
Ngarava
Chatara

Myers loses out for me in the first game if Raza is fit and BT has given up on the gloves. Regis has to play at 5 for me if he is in the team. He can be useful there.

The other option would be to drop Ngarava and add Myers. Ngarava might not be that effective in ODIs against Bangladesh specifically.
Ffs why would you leave out Myers? He, in my opinion, is going to be greater than Madhevere in the future. This kid can not only bat but he can hit them out of the park with ease plus he could chip in with few useful overs. Chakabva should never be in that ODI side, what has he done up to now in ODI to earn a place? Zimbabwe should groom Marumani into a wicket-keeping batsmen and now is the time to do so. Yes he was awful with the gloves against Pakistan but at such a young age, he will definitely learn the art of keeping quickly. Regarding the batting line-up, I would promote BT to open with Marumani since he is not going to keep according to someone of you.

1) Brendan Taylor
2) T. Marumani ( WK)
3) C. Ervine
4) S. Williams
5) W. Madhevere
6) D. Myers
7) S. Raza
9) B. Muzarabani
10) T. Chatara
11) R. Ngarava

Would you risk giving Marumani the gloves in a Super League match? We also shouldn't put too much pressure on kids who just want to play their natural game. If you watch soccer you saw what happened when England made a 19 year old take the most crucial penalty. These guys are very young. Marumani wasn't even the first choice keeper at u19 level. He is probably just a high school wicket keeper

I don't like Regis in the team but he is actually in decent form this year and is the best option we have. The other option would be to force Taylor to take the gloves until we figure this out

lobsang

Post by lobsang »

TapsC2 wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:45 am
lobsang wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:26 am
TapsC2 wrote:
Marumani
BT
Ervine
Williams
Regis(wk)
Raza/Myers
Wes
Jongwe
Blessing
Ngarava
Chatara

1) Brendan Taylor
2) T. Marumani ( WK)
3) C. Ervine
4) S. Williams
5) W. Madhevere
6) D. Myers
7) S. Raza
9) B. Muzarabani
10) T. Chatara
11) R. Ngarava

Would you risk giving Marumani the gloves in a Super League match? We also shouldn't put too much pressure on kids who just want to play their natural game. If you watch soccer you saw what happened when England made a 19 year old take the most crucial penalty. These guys are very young. Marumani wasn't even the first choice keeper at u19 level. He is probably just a high school wicket keeper

I don't like Regis in the team but he is actually in decent form this year and is the best option we have. The other option would be to force Taylor to take the gloves until we figure this out

Chakbva definitely deserves a place in test but in ODI he is not going to add any value to the team, he is very slow and his strike rotation is extremely weak. The talk of putting these young kids under pressure is nonsense in my opinion, you only improve by being tested and put under pressure against quality sides. Taylor must keep in these important ODI league games so that they do not have to leave young prodigies like Myers, Marumani, Madhevere and Burl out of the team. These kids need as many games as possible before the 2023 World cup qualifiers begin.

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

sloandog wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:54 pm
He won't be
Even though hes playing todays select 11?
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:22 pm
sloandog wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:54 pm
He won't be
Even though hes playing todays select 11?
:ugeek:

Donald

Post by Donald »

I believe jongwe will be in the starting 11 but I would bat him at 8

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Is there no big hitting fast bowling all rounder in Zimbabwe, someone like Andy Blignaut or Heath Streak? At least in U19 set up.

saifulsohel05

Post by saifulsohel05 »

Brad Evans is good. He was selected for A team recently, but preferred to play some UK club cricket. Luke Jongwe, Donald Tiripano are good on their day.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

It's scary how much Ryan Murray would benefit this side. SOS needed.
He bats and is probably the best gloveman we've had in decades.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

sloandog wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:54 pm
It's scary how much Ryan Murray would benefit this side. SOS needed.
He bats and is probably the best gloveman we've had in decades.
he hasnt played in years, dont think we can assume that to be close to the case anymore.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*