Zimbabwe Select XI v Bangladeshis 14/7/2021

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: Zimbabwe Select XI v Bangladeshis 14/7/2021

Post by eugene »

Ah yes, the typical Maruma half-century in a warm-up game. No doubt he has forced his way into the ODI lineup with this performance. Maruma is a proven liability in the team and has been given enough chances. I honestly don't care if he scored a double century, I still wouldn't select him.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Donald

Post by Donald »

Like I said if we had anyone but chibhaba and chari as openers against Pakistan away we would have won that ODI series.
Too many bizarre selections.

The only left field selection that has worked to an extent is kaitano. Modest first class average but I suspect rajput saw something in him and to be honest he has come good past 12 months.

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

eugene wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:02 pm
Ah yes, the typical Maruma half-century in a warm-up game. No doubt he has forced his way into the ODI lineup with this performance. Maruma is a proven liability in the team and has been given enough chances. I honestly don't care if he scored a double century, I still wouldn't select him.
yep is he scored a double tomorrow, id just assume the bowling was off and he just had it in his zone.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*