3rd ODI | Bangladesh vs Zimbabwe | ODI Super League

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: 3rd ODI | Bangladesh vs Zimbabwe | ODI Super League

Post by secretzimbo »

Regis' keeping has been absolutely imperious this series so far. Really gone up a level.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Unless we get two quick wickets is gone.
Need to be 5/200

As I said a few pages back,
I wish the fans understood that when when we start batting suspiciously well out of the blue, it’s not because we all started to lift at once despite history…. It’s because of the pitch and you can expect the bowlers to struggle.
Just like what’s happening.

The same logic occurs in reverse. Like when everyone was ‘amazed’ we kept SA restrained in the day night test first innings.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:24 pm
Need to be 5/200

I wish the fans understood that when when we start batting suspiciously well out of the blue, it’s not because we all started to lift at once despite history…. It’s because of the pitch and you can expect the bowlers to struggle.

The same logic occurs in reverse. Like when everyone was ‘amazed’ we kept SA restrained in the day night test first innings.
Exactly. When do we ever bat well on a poor pitch? We score 350, that means the opposition will probably score 375.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

Hopefully this is Chatara's last over ffs. Dreadful.

CholeZimbo
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by CholeZimbo »

eugene wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:29 pm
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Need to be 5/200

Exactly. When do we ever bat well on a poor pitch? We score 350, that means the opposition will probably score 375.
Which makes it a game of fine margins. This is when you need the skill and consistency to win games. Good teams will get those extra runs and those extra wickets to win games. Cause I was thinking even with Williams and Ervine in, we were still going to end up with more or less the same score on this wicket. But then we lack genuine wicket taker who can bowl well on batting wicket. But these are the players we have and that is why you cannot afford to have weak coaches because such players really need a lot of hand holding and spoon feeding to actually know what they need to do throughout the match.

secretzimbo

Post by secretzimbo »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Need to be 5/200

Tbf I don't think the pitch is as great as you say. I still think its 280 par, so we batted pretty well all things considered. It's always harder to bat in the mornings at HSC this time of year as well.

But the bowling from the seamers has been absolutely apocalyptically bad today. We really should be able to defend that score on this pitch at home, with our first choice bowling attack available.

MGN

Post by MGN »

This match is reminding me of the match where Charles Coventry took 194 runs. Decent total but Tamim Iqbal stream rolled Zimbabwe.

CholeZimbo

Post by CholeZimbo »

A coach is not here to find players all through a 3 year contract. You have to win with what you have else you are not good enough as a coach. The team already looks defeated at this stage and that is where the skillful coach comes in, with ideas and messages from the dressing room.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Zimbos need 4 quick wickets 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

zimlover

Post by zimlover »

Chatara has been rubbish, I think he need to start looking at retirement and give another bowlers a chance , the question is who?

That Chivanga guys is blowing hot and cold raw pac but can’t get wickets.

We need a something special here ,they cannot leave it all to Blessing to do the bowling we needs good seam bowling paternership