1st T20I | Zimbabwe V/s Bangladesh| Harare

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Re: 1st T20I | Zimbabwe V/s Bangladesh| Harare

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:01 am
Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:32 am
Kriterion_BD wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:38 am

True. I'll elaborate further in my next post later tonight.
Till Pakistan or somehow Proteas or Windies is possible. Full strength Windies beat Aus 2nd or 3rd string side 4-1. Beating full strength Aussie side by Bangladesh is an arrogant call.

Lower ranked side having good stat against Bangladesh is Afghanistan. As per odi records, Afghans won 2 and Bangladesh 3 in odis, and in T20I Afghans won 4 and Bangladesh 2, with 3-0 white wash against full strength Bangladesh. Afghans have also won only test against Bangladesh. In slow & spin friendly tracks Afghans can be more threatening team then Bangladesh.
Hey I haven't elaborated yet. But don't forget BD did beat full strength Aussie side in a Test in 2017.

Afghans have lost all 3 world cup games (ODI and T20) vs BD comprehensively from 2014-2019. In ODI world cups Afghans gave a very mediocre record, 1 win vs Scotland and 14 losses vs all other teams.
Aussies were without their prime weapon Starc & Hazlewood in that Bangladesh series. Afghans overall record against Bangladesh is neck to neck in all formats no matter what happend in ICC events. They beat Bangladesh twice in Asia Cup followed by 3-0 white wash in T20Is and in exciting test match where Bangladesh can't save the game in last day at Dhaka.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:21 am
Aussies were without their prime weapon Starc & Hazlewood in that Bangladesh series. Afghans overall record against Bangladesh is neck to neck in all formats no matter what happend in ICC events. They beat Bangladesh twice in Asia Cup followed by 3-0 white wash in T20Is and in exciting test match where Bangladesh can't save the game in last day at Dhaka.
Hazlewood and Cummins played in that series. Little point picking 3 quicks on BD pitches and stats wise Starc is or was 3rd back in 2017.

As for the Afghan Asia cup win, 2018 BD rested a bunch of players plus Tamim was out injured. 2014 we were missing Shakib and Tamim I believe.

If you exclude ICC events BD are actually better than Pakistan in ODIs having 4 in a row. But honestly they are ahead even if only slightly, for winning the WC game comprehensively.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Rajkumar Sharma

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:45 am
Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:21 am
Hazlewood and Cummins played in that series. Little point picking 3 quicks on BD pitches and stats wise Starc is or was 3rd back in 2017.

As for the Afghan Asia cup win, 2018 BD rested a bunch of players plus Tamim was out injured. 2014 we were missing Shakib and Tamim I believe.

If you exclude ICC events BD are actually better than Pakistan in ODIs having 4 in a row. But honestly they are ahead even if only slightly, for winning the WC game comprehensively.
No doubt Bangladesh is better then Pakistan, second best team in Asia.Starc were not there, he is one of the best in the world.Any skipper will think 1000 times before not picking them in Playing XI no matter the type of pitch.Aussies gave chances to plyers like Agar, Cartwright in that series

It was full strength Bangladesh side in 2018. Shakib was skipper, Tamim, Musfiqur all were there and struggled against Rashid
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banglad ... ia_in_2018
Last edited by Rajkumar Sharma on Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

cricket teams are generally all pretty close together I reckon these days and anyone can beat anyone. Scotland, Ireland and Sri Lanka all beat England in the last 3 years. Ireland has beaten South Africa. Afghanistan really pushed India in the world cup and beat the West Indies. Zimbabwe, had they had a little bit more luck couldve beaten Bangladesh and I think thats whats really annoying about this series so far

Rajkumar Sharma

slcricfan1 wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:02 am
cricket teams are generally all pretty close together I reckon these days and anyone can beat anyone. Scotland, Ireland and Sri Lanka all beat England in the last 3 years. Ireland has beaten South Africa. Afghanistan really pushed India in the world cup and beat the West Indies. Zimbabwe, had they had a little bit more luck couldve beaten Bangladesh and I think thats whats really annoying about this series so far
As per strength in all formats

India, New Zealand are at the top

England, Australia holds second spot as one struggles in T20 and other in Test matches

Pakistan & South Africa will be next, both are unpredictable side

Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Windies & Afghans are in same state, a bit lower then Pak & SA they can surprise beating top teams in one day and get smashed by a second string side at home in next day.

Ireland a bit ahead of Zimbabwe after the series against proteas showed neck to neck fight. But still Irish & Zim side are in same state

Scot & Netherlands will be last in the list as they haven't done anything in last 3 years

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:08 am
slcricfan1 wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:02 am
As per strength in all formats

India, New Zealand are at the top

England, Australia holds second spot as one struggles in T20 and other in Test matches

Pakistan & South Africa will be next, both are unpredictable side

Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Windies & Afghans are in same state, a bit lower then Pak & SA they can surprise beating top teams in one day and get smashed by a second string side at home in next day.

Ireland a bit ahead of Zimbabwe after the series against proteas showed neck to neck fight. But still Irish & Zim side are in same state

Scot & Netherlands will be last in the list as they haven't done anything in last 3 years
Yeah thats about right. dont think anyone should be completely discouraged by thiss performance. It wasnt comprehensive losses and moreso it wasnt because of lack of skill but lack of experience.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:54 am

It was full strength Bangladesh side in 2018. Shakib was skipper, Tamim, Musfiqur all were there and struggled against Rashid
Bangladesh were in the final in that Asia cup, so well ahead of Afghanistan bro.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/asi ... -scorecard
(Tamim injured, Shakib/Mushy/Riyad played and BD won).

(AFG won with both Tamim and Mushy sitting out)

So apart from a couple of meaningless bilaterals, the only time Afghanistan have beaten a full strength Bangladesh was in the 2014 Asia Cup (7.5 years ago) and in the 2019 Test match.

Rajkumar Sharma

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:24 am
Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:54 am

Bangladesh were in the final in that Asia cup, so well ahead of Afghanistan bro.

(Tamim injured, Shakib/Mushy/Riyad played and BD won).

(AFG won with both Tamim and Mushy sitting out)

So apart from a couple of meaningless bilaterals, the only time Afghanistan have beaten a full strength Bangladesh was in the 2014 Asia Cup (7.5 years ago) and in the 2019 Test match.

Those two in Asia Cup 2014 & 2018 were 50 over encounters still the BD players played had international experience,not only in that tests in 3-0 white wash T20I series, BD was of full strength, if billaterials are meaningless then getting kicked out from knockouts is also meaningless and remember BD regard themselves as good shorter format side only because of this billaterals

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:26 am
Those two in Asia Cup 2014 & 2018 were 50 over encounters still the BD players played had international experience,not only in that tests in 3-0 white wash T20I series, BD was of full strength, if billaterials are meaningless then getting kicked out from knockouts is also meaningless and remember BD regard themselves as good shorter format side only because of this billaterals
Afghanistan has a 0% success rate vs Bangladesh in ICC events but has won some meaningless bilaterals.

Bangladesh as a greater success rate vs India and Pakistan in ICC events and has won many meaningless bilaterals.

Therefore, according to your criteria, Bangladesh are closer in strength to India than Afghanistan is to Bangladesh. Just sayin...

Rajkumar Sharma

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:46 am
Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:26 am
Afghanistan has a 0% success rate vs Bangladesh in ICC events but has won some meaningless bilaterals.

Bangladesh as a greater success rate vs India and Pakistan in ICC events and has won many meaningless bilaterals.

Therefore, according to your criteria, Bangladesh are closer in strength to India than Afghanistan is to Bangladesh. Just sayin...
:lol:

ICC Events

2007 - BD WON

2011 - INDIA WON

2014 T20 WC- INDIA WON

2015 - INDIA WON

2016 T20 WC - INDIA WON

2017 - INDIA WON

2019 - INDIA WON

Go & Sleep :D
Attachments
Screenshot_2021-07-23-15-30-06_1.jpg
Screenshot_2021-07-23-15-30-06_1.jpg (28.01 KiB) Viewed 989 times
Last edited by Rajkumar Sharma on Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.