1st T20I | Zimbabwe V/s Bangladesh| Harare

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
CholeZimbo
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Re: 1st T20I | Zimbabwe V/s Bangladesh| Harare

Post by CholeZimbo »

Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:32 pm
In 11 overs Zim were 92 and the target the gave was 152, 60 runs were scored in last 9 overs @6 an over, the game was finished there.

Zim lower order comprising of Musakanda, Burl, Jongwe failed to deliver late bursts. After Elton Zim havent found a good finisher, Tiripano & Moor were improving when they batted at this position, but present ones lack hard hitting skills.

Doesnt know wheather these boys does base ball hitting drills or not, which has been adopted by top teams for developing hard hitting skills.
Everyone knows the flaws from a bigger picture perspective. We are talking about this game and particularly the 18th over, It does not matter where we were at one stage or whatever, In any game you may still find yourself having to defend 27 off 18 balls whether you scored 200+ or not. This talk of Elton and what other counties have done is fucking irrelevant to what pissed people off today. Which was allowing ourselves to move from a position of anything can happen in the last over to not even getting to the final over.
Last edited by CholeZimbo on Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CholeZimbo

Post by CholeZimbo »

Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:36 pm
CholeZimbo wrote:
Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:58 pm

Seems new in watching T20 game. 20 runs in 16 balls with 8 wickets remaining isnt considered crucial juncture in T20 game
Clearly you do not know the game as much as you think you do hey. And you do not read to understand. People are saying if we brought in someone to be decent and concede 7 in that over, which a Wes had the potential to do, it would be 20 needed of 12, then possibly 11 of 6 needed. Even if you have 100 wickets in hand, how does that matter? please answer this.
You are thinking too much on ifs & buts. Its a T20 game think in a T20 way, even a decent bowler cant make you win with 8 wickets remaining hand and 18 balls remaining, such situation only mattered if Zim had taken away 5 wickets.
I said why would wickets in hand matter if you need 11 of 6 balls in the final over?

Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

CholeZimbo wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:37 pm
Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
In 11 overs Zim were 92 and the target the gave was 152, 60 runs were scored in last 9 overs @6 an over, the game was finished there.

Zim lower order comprising of Musakanda, Burl, Jongwe failed to deliver late bursts. After Elton Zim havent found a good finisher, Tiripano & Moor were improving when they batted at this position, but present ones lack hard hitting skills.

Doesnt know wheather these boys does base ball hitting drills or not, which has been adopted by top teams for developing hard hitting skills.
Everyone knows the flaws from a bigger picture perspective. We are talking about this game and particularly the 18th over, I does not matter where we were at one stage or whatever, In any game you may still find yourself having to defend 27 off 18 balls whether you scored 200+ or not. This talk of Elton and what other counties have done is fucking irrelevant to what pissed people off today. Which was allowing ourselves to move from a position of anything can happen in the last over to not even getting to the final over.
Who would been that decent bowler ? Blessing the best guy, was already selected to defend the runs in last over. Spinners would have got smashed on such juncture. Jongwe have gone @9 an over.

CholeZimbo

Post by CholeZimbo »

CholeZimbo wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:39 pm
Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
CholeZimbo wrote:

Clearly you do not know the game as much as you think you do hey. And you do not read to understand. People are saying if we brought in someone to be decent and concede 7 in that over, which a Wes had the potential to do, it would be 20 needed of 12, then possibly 11 of 6 needed. Even if you have 100 wickets in hand, how does that matter? please answer this.
You are thinking too much on ifs & buts. Its a T20 game think in a T20 way, even a decent bowler cant make you win with 8 wickets remaining hand and 18 balls remaining, such situation only mattered if Zim had taken away 5 wickets.
I said why would wickets in hand matter if you need 11 of 6 balls in the final over?
If you cannot answer this specific question, then you are just a noisemaker on this forum with very limited knowledge of specific cricket scenarios. Zimbabwe have defended 118 runs, cause clearly you are sounding like you do not know this.

Rajkumar Sharma

CholeZimbo wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:42 pm
CholeZimbo wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:39 pm
Rajkumar Sharma wrote:

If you cannot answer this specific question, then you are just a noisemaker on this forum with very limited knowledge of specific cricket scenarios. Zimbabwe have defended 118 runs, cause clearly you are sounding like you do not know this.
118 runs against Pak track was differant, pitch was slow, bowl didnt come into the bat nicely, Zim bowlers made proper use of the pitch through their cutters & slowers.

This track demanded total of 180 +. Situations of 11 in 6 bowls wouldnt appeared if spinner bowled that Ngarava over, match could have finished earlier.
Last edited by Rajkumar Sharma on Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CholeZimbo

Post by CholeZimbo »

Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:40 pm
CholeZimbo wrote:
Rajkumar Sharma wrote:

Everyone knows the flaws from a bigger picture perspective. We are talking about this game and particularly the 18th over, I does not matter where we were at one stage or whatever, In any game you may still find yourself having to defend 27 off 18 balls whether you scored 200+ or not. This talk of Elton and what other counties have done is fucking irrelevant to what pissed people off today. Which was allowing ourselves to move from a position of anything can happen in the last over to not even getting to the final over.
Who would been that decent bowler ? Blessing the best guy, was already selected to defend the runs in last over. Spinners would have got smashed on such juncture. Jongwe have gone @9 an over.
Now you seem to have read and are asking the right question. To answer you, this is where people are saying rather bring in Wes than a bowler who has struggled all day. You also have no right to assume that Wes was going to go for many runs if we cannot also assume that he was not gonna go for more than 8 as he was going at about 6 an over. I know for a fact he was not going to bowl 2 wides and a no ball. PLEASE TAKE TIME TO READ AND UNDERSTAND WHAT I HAVE JUST WROTE HERE.

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Flakeman wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:58 pm
How bad is Ngarava? His one decent performance every 5 games doesn’t do it I’m afraid.
People here talk him up as if he is the African Jesus too.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Rajkumar Sharma

CholeZimbo wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:46 pm
Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
CholeZimbo wrote:

Now you seem to have read and are asking the right question. To answer you, this is where people are saying rather bring in Wes than a bowler who has struggled all day. You also have no right to assume that Wes was going to go for many runs if we cannot also assume that he was not gonna go for more than 8 as he was going at about 6 an over. I know for a fact he was not going to bowl 2 wides and a no ball. PLEASE TAKE TIME TO READ AND UNDERSTAND WHAT I HAVE JUST WROTE HERE.
I will not give a single chance to a spinner to make tougher in such condition of the game, specially for subcontinent team like Bangladesh who are brought up playing spinners.

Wes keeping tight against one of the Bangladesh biggest finisher Riyad is too much to expect.
Last edited by Rajkumar Sharma on Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CholeZimbo

Post by CholeZimbo »

Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:49 pm
CholeZimbo wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:46 pm
Rajkumar Sharma wrote:

I will not give a single chance to a spinner to make tougher in such condition of the game, specially for subcontinent team like Bangladesh who are brought up playing spinners.
Did you see the over before Ngarava? They were struggling to put Wellington away! I watched the whole game and I am not reading some summary on cricinfo. In this game again, not some obvious general story of how good BD batters are against spin, I am talking about this game, The BD batters struggled with Wellington's stump to stump line, and the captain was supposed to bring in an accurate bowler on the day in the name of Wes. Stop talking about facts that are not specific to this game.

CholeZimbo

Post by CholeZimbo »

I am still waiting for you to explain why wickets in hand matter in the Final over trying to get 11 of 6 balls? You always want to seem knowledgeable on here. Coming from a country good at cricket does not guarantee you a better cricket brain than anyone on this forum and today regarding this match, your opinions are very much out of touch.