1st T20I | Zimbabwe V/s Bangladesh| Harare

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Re: 1st T20I | Zimbabwe V/s Bangladesh| Harare

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

CholeZimbo wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:53 pm
Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:49 pm
CholeZimbo wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:46 pm

Now you seem to have read and are asking the right question. To answer you, this is where people are saying rather bring in Wes than a bowler who has struggled all day. You also have no right to assume that Wes was going to go for many runs if we cannot also assume that he was not gonna go for more than 8 as he was going at about 6 an over. I know for a fact he was not going to bowl 2 wides and a no ball. PLEASE TAKE TIME TO READ AND UNDERSTAND WHAT I HAVE JUST WROTE HERE.
I will not give a single chance to a spinner to make tougher in such condition of the game, specially for subcontinent team like Bangladesh who are brought up playing spinners.
Did you see the over before Ngarava? They were struggling to put Wellington away! I watched the whole game and I am not reading some summary on cricinfo. In this game again, not some obvious general story of how good BD batters are against spin, I am talking about this game, The BD batters struggled with Wellington's stump to stump line, and the captain was supposed to bring in an accurate bowler on the day in the name of Wes. Stop talking about facts that are not specific to this game.
At the end of Wellington over, 17th Bangladesh were 126/2, 26 needed of 18 balls with 8 wickets remaining.That's too much expectation from other Zim bowlers ( if not Ngarava) to take the game in nail bitter situation
Last edited by Rajkumar Sharma on Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CholeZimbo
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by CholeZimbo »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:39 pm
CholeZimbo wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:21 pm
The way our cricket is run is very dangerous. Also cricket is not big enough in Zim to attract any media and fan pressure to demand results. The coaches have no incentive to do better. It just seems like people just easily go about their business, get paid and life goes on. It is a very toxic situation. The level of underperformance has gone on for a very long time. World cricket is very tired of Zimbabwe now. Even umpire decisions go against us cause it does not really matter at the end of the game.

Having said this, do we have anyone on this forum with connections top major press journos in the country? Because this story has to be heard. Real fans are sick and tired of this and questions need to start being asked and thrown to the right people and we deserve to hear their side of the story presiding over this nonsense. In any other country and any other sport, you cannot have such results and be in a job. We are a special case and we need proper coaching. Special case children are taught by special case teachers in special classes and the coaches we have are not fit enough to coach this team.

Someone has to get us through to the right people to ask questions because Zim cricket is dying very fast now and when changes will eventually be made it will be too late. The board thinks this is their personal elite project and are so detached from the fans. We cannot take this regression anymore and the rot has to stop. After this Stuart Matsikenyere is not going to face any tough questions and his life will move on. People on this forum are genuine cult fans of this team and deserve better. I have personally never met anyone who religiously follow ZC like we do and we need to have a real life presence to have things changed or at least be heard.

It is so annoying to be in these situations every game and hear the commentators always preaching the simple things like not bowling down leg but it continues. Someone get us in front of the people in charge to ask questions. ZC does not own Cricket in Zimbabwe, the fans do and at this point we are tired.
TapsC or zimbos_5 may.

John ward who posts here is somewhat of a journalist (not sure of title?)and would have old cricinfo connections.

Also we have a cricinfo journalist who posts here every now and then, Liam Brickhill.
Gents, if anyone has these links, we need to try something.

CholeZimbo

Post by CholeZimbo »

Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:01 pm
CholeZimbo wrote:
Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:49 pm

I will not give a single chance to a spinner to make tougher in such condition of the game, specially for subcontinent team like Bangladesh who are brought up playing spinners.
Did you see the over before Ngarava? They were struggling to put Wellington away! I watched the whole game and I am not reading some summary on cricinfo. In this game again, not some obvious general story of how good BD batters are against spin, I am talking about this game, The BD batters struggled with Wellington's stump to stump line, and the captain was supposed to bring in an accurate bowler on the day in the name of Wes. Stop talking about facts that are not specific to this game.
At the end of Wellington over, 17th Bangladesh were 126/2, 26 needed of 18 balls with 8 wickets remaining.That's too much expectation from other Zim bowlers ( except Ngarava) to take the game in nail bitter situation
If you were watching the game you would know that another 7 run over was going to make this tighter. Stop talking about those 8 wickets if you cannot explain what they mean in the end.

CholeZimbo

Post by CholeZimbo »

CholeZimbo wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:51 pm
Bad decision to bring Ngarava here. I have called it.
I posted this just as the ball was being handed to Richard.

Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

CholeZimbo wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:06 pm
Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
CholeZimbo wrote:

At the end of Wellington over, 17th Bangladesh were 126/2, 26 needed of 18 balls with 8 wickets remaining.That's too much expectation from other Zim bowlers ( except Ngarava) to take the game in nail bitter situation
If you were watching the game you would know that another 7 run over was going to make this tighter. Stop talking about those 8 wickets if you cannot explain what they mean in the end.
You are going out of the match situation. Suppose you gave Wes that over, he concedes 7 as you said, so it makes 133 /2 with 19 to get in 12. Still it looks very much achievable, as one six or four would have reduced the 7 runs difference between balls and runs required.
Last edited by Rajkumar Sharma on Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

There's certain posters on here who I swear have never watched a Zimbabwe match in their lives. Just assumptions from Cricinfo scorecards lol.

Anyway, let's remember this T20 series is pretty pointless and inconsequential anyway. Main hope is that over the next two games, some batters play themselves into some form ahead of Ireland. Pressure on Ngarava & Jongwe to perform with the ball as well or else they won't be touring - Nyauchi & Chivanga waiting in the wings. BT, Ervine & Williams back for Ireland so theres a few batsmen playing for their immediate selection in the next two games.

Musakanda surely needs a big score or his international career could be over for the forseeable.

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

secretzimbo wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:11 pm
There's certain posters on here who I swear have never watched a Zimbabwe match in their lives. Just assumptions from Cricinfo scorecards lol.

Anyway, let's remember this T20 series is pretty pointless and inconsequential anyway. Main hope is that over the next two games, some batters play themselves into some form ahead of Ireland. Pressure on Ngarava & Jongwe to perform with the ball as well or else they won't be touring - Nyauchi & Chivanga waiting in the wings. BT, Ervine & Williams back for Ireland so theres a few batsmen playing for their immediate selection in the next two games.

Musakanda surely needs a big score or his international career could be over for the forseeable.
does chivanga pose that much of a threat?

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

slcricfan1 wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:14 pm
secretzimbo wrote:

Not sure tbh. He looked decent domestically and there's rave reviews about his time in SA. But I'm not sure. Worth giving him a chance though, considering how poor Ngarava/Jongwe/Chatara/Tiripano have been recently I think.

CholeZimbo

Post by CholeZimbo »

secretzimbo wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:17 pm
slcricfan1 wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:14 pm
secretzimbo wrote:

Not sure tbh. He looked decent domestically and there's rave reviews about his time in SA. But I'm not sure. Worth giving him a chance though, considering how poor Ngarava/Jongwe/Chatara/Tiripano have been recently I think.
From what I have seen, he is terrible. But he has the tools and a good coach can guide him on how to use his pace. Dougy Hondo is not that guy. Who still bowls so many wides and no balls in this modern era? only Zimbabwe. It actually seems like a new bad habit that has started this season, the wayward legside bowling I have not seen in a long time from Zim.
Last edited by CholeZimbo on Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CholeZimbo

Post by CholeZimbo »

Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:10 pm
CholeZimbo wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:06 pm
Rajkumar Sharma wrote:

You are going out of the match situation. Suppose you gave Wes that over, he concedes 7 as you said, so it makes 133 /2 with 19 to get in 12. Still it looks very much achievable, as one six or four would have reduced the 7 runs difference between balls and runs required.
Then you even bring in Blessing to bowl the 19th over where he can go for another 7 leaving 12 in the final over and have a good chance. Again my point is, get to the final over with something, your wickets in hand story is irrelevant and you know it. Even the best batsmen in the world can panic. That is why the old saying goes, "Do not leave yourself with too much to do in the final over"