Savor this new generation

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Re: Savor this new generation

Post by Jemisi »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:06 pm
I think guys like Madhevere and Myers play too much in the air, apart from compulsive sweeping. If they cut those two things out, they can be very solid batsmen.
Yes. A key reason why Myers has seven innings between 18 and 35.

slcricfan1

Post by slcricfan1 »

secretzimbo wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:55 pm
Yeah absolutely. It will take time though - Marumani & Shumba definite have as much potential as anyone else tbh but I think will take some years to get to the same level. We also can't be a 'formidable' team with 5 decent players. When the big 4 retire (And already they are never all available simultaneously...) we are going to need even more guys pushing for selection and competition for places.

So it's crucial that the next two or three U19 generations produce a few stars too! Some really good batters coming through the junior ages. Not totally sure that the bowling is up to the same standard though. Let's see.

As we've all said 100 times, the coaching is the issue. With good coaches and mentors I agree that these boys can be exceptional. There is some incredible talent. Let's get the most out of it!
unusual because normally in the poorer countries bowling talent is more common

Rajkumar Sharma
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Rajkumar Sharma »

Marumani's attitude is right one for shorter format. Young players should be fearless. No matter if he doesnt scores big, he should'nt be dropped or his batting position should'nt be changed for atleast 30 Odis & 30 T20Is.

He will be differant if he gets proper backing. Selectors should'nt disturb him like they hurt and destroyed the confidence of exciting Musakanda & Moor.

The Robot
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by The Robot »

Zim needs to give Immanuel Bawa some game. Under 19 player is talented needs to be groomed under Chakabva
Robo to rule :oops:

CholeZimbo
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by CholeZimbo »

Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:03 am
Marumani's attitude is right one for shorter format. Young players should be fearless. No matter if he doesnt scores big, he should'nt be dropped or his batting position should'nt be changed for atleast 30 Odis & 30 T20Is.

He will be differant if he gets proper backing. Selectors should'nt disturb him like they hurt and destroyed the confidence of exciting Musakanda & Moor.
Moor was made vice captain even, given many chances and he was struggling domestically, how did the selectors destroy his confidence? :lol:

Donald

Post by Donald »

https://www.icc-cricket.com/video/1591211

I know it's only Canada but just had a look at bawas century here and he seems to have a range of shots.

secretzimbo
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by secretzimbo »

Rajkumar Sharma wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:03 am

Musakanda has had more chances than anybody and seems to have completely forgotten how to play cricket. If anything the selectors have been too supportive and too generous to him....

As you well know, Moor was also given chances and groomed by the selectors as the future captain. It’s not their fault he has declined massively and was in poor form.. He’s always been a poor wicket keeper (something you always ignore and will no doubt do so again here) and relies on big runs for selection. He struggled to score runs domestically, decided to go on holiday and miss Logan Cup matches in 2019/2020. Then decided to go to Ireland when the selectors literally told him ‘Hi. Don’t go, you are still in the national team plans’ - and this is fact btw. (despite seemingly becoming as shit as Musakanda).

But yeah just blame the selectors innit cuz ZC iz shit bruv

lobsang

Post by lobsang »

secretzimbo wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:25 pm
saifulsohel05 wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:12 pm
Is there any news of Brad Evans? I am disappointed by the loss today as a Bangladeshi. But it’s always fun to see the Chevrons enjoying these rare wins.
He came back to Zim, put in the hard yards all season and seemed very keen to play for Zim. Frustrating that he went back to the UK after being a reserve for Pak series and in the 'A' squad too. I hope he's still committed, but not sure. Similar player to Jongwe. Let's see if he comes back for the domestic campaign.
I have a very reliable source who said that Brad wants and intends to play for Zimbabwe not sure when that happens. And so Ryan Murray.

lobsang

Post by lobsang »

The Robot wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:27 am
Zim needs to give Immanuel Bawa some game. Under 19 player is talented needs to be groomed under Chakabva
Are you on the right medication?

Donald

Post by Donald »

lobsang wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:24 am
secretzimbo wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:25 pm
saifulsohel05 wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:12 pm
Is there any news of Brad Evans? I am disappointed by the loss today as a Bangladeshi. But it’s always fun to see the Chevrons enjoying these rare wins.
He came back to Zim, put in the hard yards all season and seemed very keen to play for Zim. Frustrating that he went back to the UK after being a reserve for Pak series and in the 'A' squad too. I hope he's still committed, but not sure. Similar player to Jongwe. Let's see if he comes back for the domestic campaign.
I have a very reliable source who said that Brad wants and intends to play for Zimbabwe not sure when that happens. And so Ryan Murray.
Murray has picked the worst time to be playing hardball as reported in numerous threads thanks to the recent acedency of Chakhabva.
Gotta play some domestic to be in with a chance of national squad and that is quite right.
Brad Evans is an interesting one. Hopefully he accepts any A tours coming up